KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » "Sorry plebs, you can't use our tactics to make money." -Wall Street

"Sorry plebs, you can't use our tactics to make money." -Wall Street
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

——

Attachment: a8e5fb59-4d58-4b78-b333-87391ff8da84.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 05:03 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

laughing out loud

Well put

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 05:11 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
The fact we don't have national conversations about this kind of thing is what sets me off, to be honest.

All our best and brightest are set in their ways criticising Trump, or Republicans, or weighing in on birth control or immigration policy.

All fine topics, but I also want these intelligent people to argue about hedge funds controlling stocks, while the general public gets frozen out.

I want them to debate about how to end corruption at the top of power.

Or how to prevent tyranny of the majority at the bottom.

I mean, where's all that anger against the failures kf human nature, or the systemic problems of government?

Democrats and Republicans are part a bigger problem. Just like this Gamestop fiasco is part of a much bigger problem.

Talk about that, and how to fix it.

The only things that are questionable here is how there could be more borrowed shares than actual shares and that some financial services interfered with the trading on their platforms at the benefit of a small group of people.

Short-selling is fine, and ****ing over short-sellers by creating an artificial demand is also fine.

Also, this is stuff you learn in high school. So people aren't held in the dark.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 05:17 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
——

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 06:21 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

AOC should be all over that. This is the kind of thing she signed on for.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...ts-aoc-ted-cruz

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 06:25 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its not about who gets rich. Its about manipulating the market the way bigger powers do.

Its also about getting together to save companies we care about.

That said the advice from Wall Street brokers was to avoid these stocks.

It's about screwing over the hedge funds because it was found out that they shorted a crazy amount and could be destroyed.

But I disagree wholeheartedly it's about saving companies. Maybe for a select few but most comments are about screwing hedge fund owners.

But in reality, Gamespot, Bath/Beyond, Blackberry are failing companies. Even if this brings new life into them, I assume most of them will eventually crash anyways.

Also..I find kind of disgusting that people are worried about corporations that caused their own failures.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 06:30 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Smasandian
It's about screwing over the hedge funds because it was found out that they shorted a crazy amount and could be destroyed.

But I disagree wholeheartedly it's about saving companies. Maybe for a select few but most comments are about screwing hedge fund owners.

But in reality, Gamespot, Bath/Beyond, Blackberry are failing companies. Even if this brings new life into them, I assume most of them will eventually crash anyways.

Also..I find kind of disgusting that people are worried about corporations that caused their own failures.

Could definitely help save Cinemas.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 07:24 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What's happening with GME I heard is legitimate.

But the rest of the stock (BB, AMC and stuff) is basically pump and dump...which I think considered market manipulation. I have to assume SEC will come down hard on that.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 08:06 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Who the **** cares? Average retail investor screwing over hedge funds is a good thing.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 08:07 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

What's happening with GME I heard is legitimate.

But the rest of the stock (BB, AMC and stuff) is basically pump and dump...which I think considered market manipulation. I have to assume SEC will come down hard on that.

But Market Manipulation is what the Fed was doing all of 2020.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 08:08 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by ares834
Who the **** cares? Average retail investor screwing over hedge funds is a good thing.

I agree. I'm not sad some hedge funds are getting screwed due to their reckless investing. What has happened with GME is interesting and they should get screwed for making such a risky decision like that.

But eventually, when WSB says "invest in AMC", are you actually screwing over a hedge fund? Or is it a group of people pumping the stock because they bought low and when it gets high...they sell...which then ****s retail investors who went all in and don't know any better. I also agree that SEC need to investigate what the **** happened with Robinhood and etc.

That is no different than the dude from Wolf on Wall Street pumping shit stocks to unsuspected people.

Do we honestly believe this is ****ing everybody over? No, just the specific hedge funds that ****ed up....others are probably making a ****ing mint.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 09:12 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Don't get me wrong. I would prefer retail investors to get money rather than hedge fund managers.

I'm just worried for people that get caught up on this...getting screwed. And even other groups do bad things, I would prefer if nobody does bad things.

I also wonder if regular people who have retirement savings/mutual funds in some of these hedge funds are going to lose their own savings. But I do not know enough about who uses these hedge funds.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 09:25 PM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard
How so?

By limiting Gamestop trades "to protect" retail customers, Robinhood has taken the responsibility to protect retail customers from other losses.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 10:11 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Losses are reportedly at 19 billion for short sellers lmao

https://markets.businessinsider.com...21-1-1030021995

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 04:04 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

It's not really as simple as poor sticking it to the rich. Hedge funds collapsing is bad for people's retirements.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 04:32 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by truejedi
It's not really as simple as poor sticking it to the rich. Hedge funds collapsing is bad for people's retirements.

The lesson there is not to leave your retirement plans to those crooks.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 05:18 PM
marcssands14

I just wish I knew about this at least like 3 days before it made the news..wouldve invested a 100 smh

Old Post Feb 7th, 2021 08:14 AM
marcssands14 is currently offline Click here to Send marcssands14 a Private Message Find more posts by marcssands14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by truejedi

Sure. The same way the crooks in Enron ruined a lot of lives.

That's why Obama said the bankers and such were "Too big to fail".

The thing is, their actions ruin lives anyways. They need to be stopped.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2021 01:57 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

The fact we don't have national conversations about this kind of thing is what sets me off, to be honest.

All our best and brightest are set in their ways criticising Trump, or Republicans, or weighing in on birth control or immigration policy.

All fine topics, but I also want these intelligent people to argue about hedge funds controlling stocks, while the general public gets frozen out.

I want them to debate about how to end corruption at the top of power.

Or how to prevent tyranny of the majority at the bottom.

I mean, where's all that anger against the failures kf human nature, or the systemic problems of government?

Democrats and Republicans are part a bigger problem. Just like this Gamestop fiasco is part of a much bigger problem.

Talk about that, and how to fix it.

The people going around constantly bashing Trump are not our "best and brightest" lmao. Not even close. On the contrary, they are actually our worst and dumbest (and most ignorant). thumb up

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Feb 7th, 2021 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2021 04:18 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
The people going around constantly bashing Trump are not our "best and brightest" lmao. Not even close. On the contrary, they are actually our worst and dumbest (and most ignorant). thumb up

Strike that, reverse it.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2021 06:09 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote