KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Marvel holding online vote for final X-Men member. Cast your ballot..

Marvel holding online vote for final X-Men member. Cast your ballot..
Started by: StyleTime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StyleTime

Marvel holding online vote for final X-Men member. Cast your ballot..

No registration required. Open to all until 11:59 pm EST February 2, 2021.

Marvel.com/xmenvote

For those of you not following the story, the events of X of Swords have created a need for a formal X-Men team on Krakoa. It will be the mutant nation's first official squad of X-Men ever, and we get to pick its final member from the list. Pretty cool.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 30th, 2021 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 05:51 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Stop using VPN and spam-voting for women...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 07:31 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Not sure who to pick, tbh.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 07:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

I voted armour, thought she was great in astonishing x-men and think she should get another shot on the team.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 09:07 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Stop using VPN and spam-voting for women...

laughing out loud

Initially, I was actually going to vote on Sunspot. He's already headlining a book though, and I want someone we don't get to see much. Cannonball, Polaris, Boom Boom, Armor are also already regulars in other books. Strong Guy, Forge, Banshee, and Marrow aren't on active teams but have been fairly well covered in the past.

Which leaves Tempo, who I voted on. I'd like to see her fleshed out a bit, especially being a former antagonist, and I think Hickman is just the guy for the job. Plus, it'll be cool to have a time manipulator on an X-team. Doesn't happen often.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 2nd, 2021 at 07:52 AM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 07:49 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I decided to vote for Banshee, because of the all-new, all-different uncanny claremont nostalgia.

That and he spent a whole lot of time being either dead or brainwashed, so I want to see some classic Sean again.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 02:54 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I know next to nothing about Tempo, so perhaps it wasn't a bad idea to try to give her her five minutes.

But let's face it, she's not likely to be picked.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 04:35 AM
riv6672

Re: Marvel holding online vote for final X-Men member. Cast your ballot..

Originally posted by StyleTime
No registration required. Open to all until 11:59 pm EST February 2, 2021.

Marvel.com/xmenvote

For those of you not following the story, the events of X of Swords have created a need for a formal X-Men team on Krakoa. It will be the mutant nation's first official squad of X-Men ever, and we get to pick its final member from the list. Pretty cool.

I could not in good consience vote in this election, as I do not acknowledge the validity of Krakoa as anything other than a cult.

Also, it blows ppl didn’t have an “other” option.
It would have been interesting to see who ppl actually picked as a third party candidate! stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 6th, 2021 10:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I know next to nothing about Tempo, so perhaps it wasn't a bad idea to try to give her her five minutes.

But let's face it, she's not likely to be picked.

I totally agree there. It's highly unlikely she'll be picked, which is unfortunate. Forge is working with Wolverine and Quentin in X-Force, so he's getting screen time. I predict we'll see the others soon too. Banshee might get involved with the Siryn storyline in X-Factor, as he's already been informed of what's going on with her. X-Corp got sidelined due to COVID, but Strong Guy and Marrow have a way better shot at getting in there than Tempo if Marvel picks it up again.

Would be cool to see some MLF members get some shine somewhere. I know they are mostly losers, but even that kind of dynamic can be compelling. Plus, they all have so much room for a writer to play in. I figured someone would have tried by now. Kinda like with the squad in Hellions. More freedom when the characters haven't really been defined yet.
Originally posted by riv6672
I could not in good consience vote in this election, as I do not acknowledge the validity of Krakoa as anything other than a cult.

Also, it blows ppl didn’t have an “other” option.
It would have been interesting to see who ppl actually picked as a third party candidate! stick out tongue

Well, there is some hope if you don't like the current direction. Some fans speculate that this will all be revealed to be an alternate reality or some other weird scenario.

And there is some support for it. Moira X is on her 10th life, but Destiny did say Moira could get 11 if she makes the right choices. This could all turn out to be another failed timeline of Moira X somewhere in the run. Hickman did leave that backdoor open, so the possibility is there.

And of course, Shadow King's last appearance was ridiculously powerful. Some speculate this is all him manipulating everyone. This one is more of a stretch, but I guess plausible. It did take all of Earth's telepath's to take him on last time, and he was already capable doing long term stunts like this. It seems strange he's even on the island sometimes.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 7th, 2021 at 12:31 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2021 12:25 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I totally agree there. It's highly unlikely she'll be picked, which is unfortunate. Forge is working with Wolverine and Quentin in X-Force, so he's getting screen time. I predict we'll see the others soon too. Banshee might get involved with the Siryn storyline in X-Factor, as he's already been informed of what's going on with her. X-Corp got sidelined due to COVID, but Strong Guy and Marrow have a way better shot at getting in there than Tempo if Marvel picks it up again.

thumb up

Btw, has it been revealed in X-Force what plans Wolverine had for Forge's adamantium?

Would be cool to see some MLF members get some shine somewhere. I know they are mostly losers, but even that kind of dynamic can be compelling. Plus, they all have so much room for a writer to play in. I figured someone would have tried by now. Kinda like with the squad in Hellions. More freedom when the characters haven't really been defined yet.

Pre-Hickman X-Men were considered a disaster and MLF was a part of that run, so they're not likely to get a lot of panel time now. Just saying.

This could all turn out to be another failed timeline of Moira X somewhere in the run. Hickman did leave that backdoor open, so the possibility is there..

I really doubt it.

Too late to declare it non-canon to 616, since it's not a self-contained story arc anymore and mutants do interact with the rest of the MU.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2021 05:37 PM
StyleTime

Btw, has it been revealed in X-Force what plans Wolverine had for Forge's adamantium?

Pre-Hickman X-Men were considered a disaster and MLF was a part of that run, so they're not likely to get a lot of panel time now. Just saying.

I really doubt it.

Too late to declare it non-canon to 616, since it's not a self-contained story arc anymore and mutants do interact with the rest of the MU.

Not yet. I don't know if it got sidetracked by X of Swords, or if they're just planning on getting back to it later.

True.

Yeah, I don't think this is a failed Moira timeline either. Just mentioning fan theories, mostly from those upset about the current arc. Some people are downright furious about the polyamory thing with Scott/Logan/Jean. I think they're hoping for any kind of retcon.

Although, I'm sure there's some way to undo things with Moira X if Hickman really wanted. I imagine he has a lot of pull at this point. I don't think it'll happen of course though.

Then again, they made the Teen O5 X-Men canon to 616 after years of them being an alternate timeline, so what do I know? lol

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 9th, 2021 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2021 07:40 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Last paragraph --- huh?

O5 were always meant to be canon, from the very start, just transported from the past --- the canonical past.

Otherwise, it would be completely futile for Beast to get them in the first place.

Unless I'm missing something that elaborated on it much further and Beast / other characters were wondering if O5 came from yet another alternate reality?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2021 02:46 PM
StyleTime

They were pulled from 616 past, but they became an alternate timeline right when they were allowed to stay in the current time. It was later confirmed several times, but perhaps most notably when Magneto met the Adult Teen O5 in a dystopian future. That is when everyone learned they absolutely had to go back.

It actually felt like a call out of Bendis at times--certain characters going "you really thought this random time travel stuff wouldn't screw things up?" Then again, it's likely Bendis intended them to be different anyway. He did write that cheesy "It's All New!" line from Teen Jean when she was asked why she wasn't quite like 616 Jean.

At that point, they realized the Young O5 had to go back. I guess it kinda fixed some potential power level problems as well. Galactus needing 4 Silver Surfers to fight Adult Teen Jean and Adult Teen Beast being a good enough mage to beat Magik in Limbo.

I actually wonder if they finally decided to send them back in back in preparation for Hickman's run? He was probably like "yeeeeeeaaaahhhh--we need to wrap that whole thing up folks...cuz lulz."

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 11th, 2021 at 09:57 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 09:45 PM
StyleTime

It actually felt like a call out of Bendis at times--certain characters going "you really thought this random time travel stuff wouldn't screw things up?" Then again, it's likely Bendis intended them to be different anyway. He did write that cheesy "It's All New!" line from Teen Jean when she was asked why she wasn't quite like 616 Jean.

Okay, I guess she wasn't really "asked". It was the Gladiator fight. Referencing the series title in the dialogue is just 90% of the time going to sound cheesy either way though. I get what Bendis was doing but holy hell.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2021 10:03 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What a mess... thanks for the reply.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 02:48 AM
Shadow_King
-

So after all the build up and hype the one to win the election is the one who has been in the comic books for a long time and has been part of the team a few times. I guess people can't move on from the past.

I hope for the next election they give the young ones a chance.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2021 05:31 PM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It’s a pretty standard line up.
A couple of fresh faces, but they almost seem out of place, because the bulk of the team is...exactly as it always is.

It really should have been the other way around, w. a few veterans trying to forge a working dynamic w. several newcomers to the main team.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2021 08:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, I was disappointed it was Polaris too. Nothing against Lorna, or anyone else on the list, of course. I just really didn't want to want the exact same faces we always see, and Polaris is already headlining another book. Most of the others are also either headlining or featured in other books too.

I'm pleasantly surprised Tempo made it to number 5 though. Seems like more people than I expected had the same thought I did: let's explore these relatively underused characters. Hickman seems interested in her, so she'll probably show up at some point.

We got some funny mini- comics from the Marvel Twitter about the runoff though.

(please log in to view the image)

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1...9486255105?s=20

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 17th, 2021 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2021 08:08 PM
riv6672

(please log in to view the image)

That’s awesome! laughing

Old Post Apr 18th, 2021 01:53 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Maggot gets my vote

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 12th, 2021 08:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote