KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Crisis in Texas

Crisis in Texas
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

I’m getting sick of northerners making jokes about how “Texas needs to man up and pick up their nuts and tough it out. It’s just snow. We get it all the time up here!”

Yeah, but we have noelectricity, gas, or water. You people up north may be winter vets but we aren’t. The lack of electricity is borderline fatal. We aren’t accustomed to this shit.

It’s like if a guy from Alaska came to my part of Texas in the dead of summer and basked in 110° weather. He wouldn’t be acclimated and would suffer heat injury.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 11:47 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Was probably a retarded idea to have a texas only power grid then.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 11:56 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

the problem is that politicians in states like yours are allowed to sit on these impending infrastructure disasters for years, maybe even decades, before something significant happen to expose all the gross negligence

as such, I'm "toughing it out" in an apartment that is way too warm rn. that's because nj's infrastructure is typically tested hard at least once per winter, not because we're a bunch of toughguys.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Feb 19th, 2021 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 12:00 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Was probably a retarded idea to have a texas only power grid then.

Reading about that boggles the mind. I get it was to both keep the money in Texas and to offer lower rates to customers, but why not build in the option to get power from other states in case of emergencies.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 12:18 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

@Imp

"I’m getting sick of northerners making jokes about how “Texas needs to man up and pick up their nuts and tough it out. It’s just snow. We get it all the time up here!”

Yeah, but we have noelectricity, gas, or water. You people up north may be winter vets but we aren’t. The lack of electricity is borderline fatal. We aren’t accustomed to this shit.

It’s like if a guy from Alaska came to my part of Texas in the dead of summer and basked in 110° weather. He wouldn’t be acclimated and would suffer heat injury."

Sry to hear ur stuck in this mess.

Northerners who tell u to man up thru this are either young, fools or have short memories and forgot things like the October snow storm of 2011.

Im sure there are a few other members here from the northeast who remember that mess.

Sometimes its more than just "a little snow" and just sacking up in shit like this doesn't cut it.

Best of luck dude

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 12:23 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

We’re up to 5 inches of snow here in San Antonio.

I’m 41 and I’ve NEVER seen this happen here.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 12:47 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raptor22
@Imp

"I’m getting sick of northerners making jokes about how “Texas needs to man up and pick up their nuts and tough it out. It’s just snow. We get it all the time up here!”

It’s like if a guy from Alaska came to my part of Texas in the dead of summer and basked in 110° weather. He wouldn’t be acclimated and would suffer heat injury."

Sry to hear ur stuck in this mess.

Northerners who tell u to man up thru this are either young, fools or have short memories and forgot things like the October snow storm of 2011.

Im sure there are a few other members here from the northeast who remember that mess.

Sometimes its more than just "a little snow" and just sacking up in shit like this doesn't cut it.

Best of luck dude
aren't you famous for BBQ?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 12:51 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Texas BBQ >>> Everyone else’s.

Memphis BBQ is a damn close runner up.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 12:59 AM
Raptor22

Originally posted by Blakemore
aren't you famous for BBQ?
i wish.

im from Massachusetts. were famous for gross ass clam chowder and shitty bitter cranberries.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 01:09 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

No snide feelings from Chicago man. Stay safe and help someone else who isn't. I don't wish being cold on anyone. I'm sitting under something like thirty inches cumulative of snow that hasn't melted at all during February, but it's different- we have an army of people and machines to move snow here. Awd is pretty standard. Drainage systems and heated to oofs and gutters... I can't even imagine the hell you guys are going through experiencing it for the first time.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 01:46 AM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Impediment
I’m getting sick of northerners making jokes about how “Texas needs to man up and pick up their nuts and tough it out. It’s just snow. We get it all the time up here!”

It’s like if a guy from Alaska came to my part of Texas in the dead of summer and basked in 110° weather. He wouldn’t be acclimated and would suffer heat injury.

Being without power is no picnic. Even then, we had water.

No power, no water, no gas, and no heat on the coldest season, I can't even imagine.

And your government should all be lined up against a wall. Seriously.

Stay safe.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 02:21 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard
Reading about that boggles the mind. I get it was to both keep the money in Texas and to offer lower rates to customers, but why not build in the option to get power from other states in case of emergencies.

It was done, so Texas power companies would not have to comply with the federal regulations that would have prevented this, so they could pocket the money.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 03:01 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote:

I can't speak about Alaska, but summer highs in the Northern Midwest aren't much cooler than in Texas. We get both extremes here in MN.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 03:02 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Impediment
I’ve been without power going on three days.

The rolling blackouts are still going and are maddening.

be safe out there

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 03:09 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

i wish.

im from Massachusetts. were famous for gross ass clam chowder and shitty bitter cranberries.
don't forget Sam Adams

And I meant imp. Why not just have a coal fire or propane

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 11:11 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by ares834
I can't speak about Alaska, but summer highs in the Northern Midwest aren't much cooler than in Texas. We get both extremes here in MN.

Same with most parts of Canada.

However, I am not sure if I can deal with Florida's summer humidity. I can deal with the damn cold temps, ice everywhere, snow everywhere...but 100% humidity at high temps all summer.....I am not so sure.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 12:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

i wish.

Oh shit is that what we're known for? I gotta get me some of them cranberries

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 01:30 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by cdtm
And your government should all be lined up against a wall. Seriously.

Wait, so now Trump should have built his wall? stick out tongue

Anyone saying Texas needs to man up or whatever is likely saying it while wearing multiple layers from the warmth of their own home, do Texans even own winter clothing?

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 01:52 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Quincy
Oh shit is that what we're known for? I gotta get me some of them cranberries

Don't forget the witch trials.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 01:53 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
the problem is that politicians in states like yours are allowed to sit on these impending infrastructure disasters for years, maybe even decades, before something significant happen to expose all the gross negligence

as such, I'm "toughing it out" in an apartment that is way too warm rn. that's because nj's infrastructure is typically tested hard at least once per winter, not because we're a bunch of toughguys.

The trouble is politicians get away with murder, unless the public complains.

No pressure from anyone to get on infrastructure, no reason for a useless politician to get off his ass and earn his money.

The very definition of someone sitting on their ass and getting government handouts, the handout being his paycheck from the tax payers.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 01:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote