KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Crisis in Texas

Crisis in Texas
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Tucker Carson blames "green energy" on Texas crisis.

"The windmills failed like the silly fashion accessory they are, and people in Texas died". -Tucker Carlson @2:37

Tucker continues to be a gaslighting pile of human filth. No surprise.
I hate Tucker Carlson. Sometimes I like to throw on the Crossfire John Stewart video to see him get called out to his face.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 12:44 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Certainly not shocked by the immediate conservative pundits trying to find a way that democrats are at fault for this

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 05:54 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by ilikecomics
How was it not ? 24 percent of Texas's power comes from wind turbine. 12 percent failed. That would leave 3-4 million without power.

P.s. lefty talking heads blamed it on not getting the much more expensive cold pack.

It seems to be less than 24%. But even going by your numbers, you're blaming wind power failing as the culprit, when it's the low minority in how Texans get their power. Natural gas is the main source of Texas power, then coal.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 23rd, 2021 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 05:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

It seems to be less than 24%. But even going by your numbers, you're blaming wind power failing as the culprit, when it's the low minority in how Texans get their power. Natural gas is the main source of Texas power, then coal.
And both coal and natural gas facilities also experienced issues with them freezing and not being able to run.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 06:14 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Newjak
And both coal and natural gas facilities also experienced issues with them freezing and not being able to run.

They didn't winterize their plants despite being warned and it looks like they might not winterize them going forward either, cos it's costly.

Hopefully enough Texans come together and force change.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 06:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

"it is wrong, sinful and blasphemous for you to suggest, imply or help others come to the conclusion that Americans killed 3,000 of it's own people." - Tucker Carlson, regarding 9/11

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 06:41 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

They didn't winterize their plants despite being warned and it looks like they might not winterize them going forward either, cos it's costly.

Hopefully enough Texans come together and force change.
Yeah hopefully they put their feet to the fire.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 06:41 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
Yeah hopefully they put their feet to the fire.
or they could do a big prayer like when Rick Perry was guv'nor

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 06:48 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the link you sent it says 17.4 percent is provided by ercot, not that 17.4 percent of Texas's total energy consumption was provided by wind, so I'd guess there's other agencies that provide wind turbines.

Of course they wouldn't want to winterize, because it would hike energy prices through the roof.

https://youtu.be/H0J64y124fo

This is a video of Steven Crowder covering it. This may make you roll your eyes because the source, but know that YouTube wants to destroy this guy, have attempted to multiple times, and is looking for any reason to 86 his channel. The standard Crowder now operates under is only saying things he'd say in court, under threat of perjury.

It handles every lefty argument and covers the math.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 11:18 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...crisis-n1258185

About 56 percent of Texas' energy comes from natural gas, just under 24 percent comes from wind, 19 percent from coal, and almost 9 percent from nuclear energy.

This is from lefty nbc

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2021 11:20 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

In the link you sent it says 17.4 percent is provided by ercot, not that 17.4 percent of Texas's total energy consumption was provided by wind, so I'd guess there's other agencies that provide wind turbines.

Of course they wouldn't want to winterize, because it would hike energy prices through the roof.

https://youtu.be/H0J64y124fo

This is a video of Steven Crowder covering it. This may make you roll your eyes because the source, but know that YouTube wants to destroy this guy, have attempted to multiple times, and is looking for any reason to 86 his channel. The standard Crowder now operates under is only saying things he'd say in court, under threat of perjury.

It handles every lefty argument and covers the math.

About 56 percent of Texas' energy comes from natural gas, just under 24 percent comes from wind, 19 percent from coal, and almost 9 percent from nuclear energy.

This is from lefty nbc

Compared to not winterizing and people going without power, some dying and some getting $10k+ power bills?

Again, even using your numbers you're blaming wind power when it's the minority of the power sources.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 12:16 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why can't texans use solar power?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 12:20 AM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Compared to not winterizing and people going without power, some dying and some getting $10k+ power bills?

Again, even using your numbers you're blaming wind power when it's the minority of the power source.

Not when it's being handled by the state, which spends money at 1/10th the efficiency a private Enterprise could.
If green energy weren't so politicised, private Enterprise would provide energy through fracking or nuclear.

I'm not blaming green energy, I'm blaming virtue signaling politicians saying green energy is effective than it actually is

Windmills need replacing after 7-10 years, solar panels even faster.

Green energy is a mirage.

Nuclear energy is a much better solution than wind or solar, but has been demonized.

I'm not an anti alt energy person, but I am against political schemes that use things like climate change as a cudgel to enact political change, and position opponents to their schemes as morally deficient.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 12:23 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Clearly you aren't against thousands of people being left to die with no energy, however...

I'm meming. I will say though, what people don't understand about the issues with nuclear isn't that it's scary but that the start up costs are insane. Nuclear is a clean energy and safe but in order for it to stay safe it's extremely expensive.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Feb 24th, 2021 at 06:11 AM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 06:06 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Clearly you aren't against thousands of people being left to die with no energy, however...

I'm against the loss of any life, especially human.
Thus why I speak out against top down governance, which is inefficient at best and massively deadly at worst e.g. the famine, the great leap forward and the cultural revolution in china, the famine in North Korea, the gulag system in the USSR, the holomodor, the Holocaust, etc.

Isn't it awful to insinuate someone doesn't care about the loss of human life, and kind of a low handed tactic, based on a false sense of moral superiority ?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 06:13 AM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tzeentch

I'm meming. I will say though, what people don't understand about the issues with nuclear isn't that it's scary but that the start up costs are insane. Nuclear is a clean energy and safe but in order for it to stay safe it's extremely expensive.

Didn't see your edit. Appreciate humor smile

But zero carbon emissions !

Is the current power infrastructure not costly rn ?
Think of the health cost from pollutants from burning coal ?
Nuclear has the lower death per unit of energy.
Green energy is unreliable and needs coal as a crutch anyways.

I would be happy to see your info on how expensive nuclear is.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 06:15 AM
rudester
Tommy

Originally posted by Blakemore
Why can't texans use solar power?

Idk good question. Not prepared I guess

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 07:44 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Didn't see your edit. Appreciate humor smile

But zero carbon emissions !

Is the current power infrastructure not costly rn ?
Think of the health cost from pollutants from burning coal ?
Nuclear has the lower death per unit of energy.
Green energy is unreliable and needs coal as a crutch anyways.

I would be happy to see your info on how expensive nuclear is.

Flibe Energy say they'd need about a billion dollars to create a proof of concept LFTR and about 4 billion for their first full scale commercial reactor.

Relatively cheap compared to ITER which the US DoE is saying will now run possibly in excess of $65,000,000,000 just for the experimental fusion tokamak reactor currently being built in France which won't actually provide any electricity to the grid. There will also be absolutely zero room for error with ITER. If there's any kind of loss of containment or any kind of explosion, the levels of radiation will be several orders of magnitude greater than any nuclear disaster ever.

To give you an idea of the difference in scale. The highest estimated dose of an emergency worker at Chernobyl was 16 sieverts acute dose.

The inner wall of the ITER reactor will be subject to 70,000,000 sieverts per hour.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 02:08 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Not when it's being handled by the state, which spends money at 1/10th the efficiency a private Enterprise could.
If green energy weren't so politicised, private Enterprise would provide energy through fracking or nuclear.

I'm not blaming green energy, I'm blaming virtue signaling politicians saying green energy is effective than it actually is

Windmills need replacing after 7-10 years, solar panels even faster.

Green energy is a mirage.

Nuclear energy is a much better solution than wind or solar, but has been demonized.

I'm not an anti alt energy person, but I am against political schemes that use things like climate change as a cudgel to enact political change, and position opponents to their schemes as morally deficient.

Then your issue seems to be with the government of Texas.

You were though, that's how our exchange started.

Greens won't absolutely solve our energy needs, at least not for the foreseeable future, but they are the future alongside other sources, because we need to combat pollution.

I've no real problem with nuclear being used until something better comes along, but again, greens and nuclear can work in conjunction. eg a home can run on solar panels/batteries and still be connected to a grid that runs off a nuclear plant. Using more solar during the day and tapping back into the grid at night.

Climate change is real, as is pollution and humanity needs a fulcrum to enact change. Fossil fuel isn't going away anytime soon, but there will be less and less cars running on it as time goes on and technology progresses. Just as natural gas is replacing coal more and more.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 04:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Flibe Energy say they'd need about a billion dollars to create a proof of concept LFTR and about 4 billion for their first full scale commercial reactor.

Relatively cheap compared to ITER which the US DoE is saying will now run possibly in excess of $65,000,000,000 just for the experimental fusion tokamak reactor currently being built in France which won't actually provide any electricity to the grid. There will also be absolutely zero room for error with ITER. If there's any kind of loss of containment or any kind of explosion, the levels of radiation will be several orders of magnitude greater than any nuclear disaster ever.

To give you an idea of the difference in scale. The highest estimated dose of an emergency worker at Chernobyl was 16 sieverts acute dose.

The inner wall of the ITER reactor will be subject to 70,000,000 sieverts per hour.

Have to wonder why someone like Musk, Bezos, Gates or even Zuckerberg isn't funding the LFTR project. They could blow 5 billion and not feel it.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2021 05:02 PM