KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Conservative-talk radio host Rush Limbaugh dies at 70....

Conservative-talk radio host Rush Limbaugh dies at 70....
Started by: eThneoLgrRnae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

You're also neglecting the impact of the two people. Rush Limbaugh was a national figure that used his platform to cause wide spread harm. The only reason you know anything about George Floyd was because he was murdered by police and people decided to dig up his background to use against him and those people talking about police brutality. Which has become a standard tactic.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 08:45 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

In fact there is no reason for you have brought up George Floyd in this conversation other than to try and create a false equivalency between the two

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 08:59 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Bringing up Floyds' past is not okay, but bringing up Limbaughs' past is okay.

No double standards here.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 09:18 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Context matters. The reason you brought up Floyd's past was to try and distract away that he was murdered by police. As is common practice when a Black man is murdered by police, the nigh instant "but he was no angel!" deflection. Floyd was no angel, correct, doesn't mean the cops had a right to treat him like they did.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 09:29 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Klaw

Context matters 😂

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 09:29 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

lol@ not-eon's "normal guy" mask slipping off again

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 09:32 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Did you miss me Bash?

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2021 09:43 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

(please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 12:53 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Both Floyd and Limbaugh wasted their lives on spite and avarice; the world is a better place without them. However, one was murdered(by people who are supposed to serve and protect, no less) and the other succumbed to nature and his own crappy lifestyle.

Last edited by ArtificialGlory on Feb 19th, 2021 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 01:39 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Also one was a petty thug, the other actively used their platform to spread their hate mongering and actively strove to make the world a worse place.

A quick read of his wikipedia tells me that Floyd hadn't had any serious legal troubles since 2007 and that he had served time in prison, took part in religious activity after he served, and successfully took part in a ninety day rehabilitation program. Other than a minor incident where no charges were filed he largely appears to have focused on either mentoring kids in his community, trying to improve his own financial situation, and struggled with his own drug addiction before he died. I don't have a computer atm and am posting on my phone, but does anyone have evidence this narrative isn't accurate?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 03:59 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Limbaughs Past? No ones discussing Limbaughs past. More like his life, his character and his abhorrent views in general.

You cant just equate that to anyone who ever committed a crime.

Limbaugh also wasnt brutally murdered.

So you are not comparing like for like here at all.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 09:00 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

I would agree with Darth Thor that these are two different things. George Floyd was killed by police officers, that much is not in debate, his past has only minor if any bearing on that. The reason why Floyd is discussed at all is because of one incident in his life, namely his death, which was caught on camera. Now Limbaugh on the other hand has been a public and political figure for decades, he has worked to shape the trajectory of the country and has been deeply successful at it, on the other hand his death has not been anything special, he died like many do, of a disease in old age, his death is only the catalyst to talk about his work. So I see two very fundamental different situations here.

That is not to say that people can't also talk about George Floyd's past, and then others can accuse them of being inappropriate, etc. I don't think that bringing up people's opposition to talking about George Floyd's past has any bearing on whether Limbaugh's life (or his "past") should be discussed.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 09:09 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Once again the only reason to bring George Floyd into this conversation is to try and make a false equivalency

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 11:31 AM
Darth Thor

Yeah its fishing way too hard for “double standards”. Maybe wait for an actual double standard stance to dish that accusation out.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 12:12 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by NemeBro
Also one was a petty thug, the other actively used their platform to spread their hate mongering and actively strove to make the world a worse place.

A quick read of his wikipedia tells me that Floyd hadn't had any serious legal troubles since 2007 and that he had served time in prison, took part in religious activity after he served, and successfully took part in a ninety day rehabilitation program. Other than a minor incident where no charges were filed he largely appears to have focused on either mentoring kids in his community, trying to improve his own financial situation, and struggled with his own drug addiction before he died. I don't have a computer atm and am posting on my phone, but does anyone have evidence this narrative isn't accurate?

I mean it's Wikipedia... so, you know, meh. But I take your point, if any part of that is true about George Floyd it should really be brought up a lot more, at least in conversations that involve him and not just when someone is presenting a false equivalency.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 02:00 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro

Dunno.

But I thought it was established it wasn't the police who killed him, but a drug overdose? E.g. if the knee never happened, or the police never took him in, the same outcome would happen.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 02:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

Originally posted by cdtm
Dunno.

But I thought it was established it wasn't the police who killed him, but a drug overdose? E.g. if the knee never happened, or the police never took him in, the same outcome would happen.

No, there have been two autopsies and both have found the death to have been a homicide caused by the police's excessive restraining of him.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 02:43 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Dunno.

Welcome to the world of conservative misinformation.

Just like the windmills are what caused the Texas power outage.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 02:47 PM
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

good riddance to both floyd and limbaugh, always happy when someone i dislike dies, stop playing moral superiors and have a beer

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 03:57 PM
gold slorg is currently offline Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truejedi

Dunno.

About the only people saying that were basically Limbaugh...

Old Post Feb 19th, 2021 05:04 PM
truejedi is currently offline Click here to Send truejedi a Private Message Find more posts by truejedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote