KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Bet Ray Bill vs Orion.

Bet Ray Bill vs Orion.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
What, he has like ten appearances in New 52/Rebirth era and he is uber in all of that.
What has he done in those ten appearances?!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 08:54 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

All outliers. I need 11 showings.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 09:25 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 10:56 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
All outliers. I need 11 showings.

I personally need 12, just to feel what it's like

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 11:49 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol like seagulls when someone scatters popcorn... so i wonder how that UTTERLY off panel star system feat would have been viewed by you lot if carver or alberto would have tried to claim that "feat" for a marvel character...? i mean ffs. laughing out loud

know who else treated hal like a complete chump? zod. until the rematch. a hero getting treated like a chump for effect is....comics 101. why do i need to explain this...? "confused:

given his ltd showings, how you jump to the conclusion that orion is now super uberz beyond what he was!!1! is frankly, hilarious. and i LOVE orion (though his recent dialogue sucks imo). prior to these appearances, orion has DOZENS of crazy feats. i mean mogo barely did anything to orion. one random blast? i know the burden of proof regarding dc characters is well below any proof needed for marvel guys around here, but c'mon....

so, since he didn't receive any actual power up, i'll need more than those 2 "feats" and the one totally non-feat to say he's more powerful than his classic self. oh wait,--he has like 11 recent appearances. that must mean he has at least 11 awesome feats, right? that's what y'all are implying? damn, i can't wait to see those. thumb up

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 01:57 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

This is the new kmc old man.

Kidding aside i take Orion in a close fight. Stormbreaker's energy absorbing could be an issue, but Orion has enuff in his arsenal to take it me thinks.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 02:05 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by leonidas
lol like seagulls when someone scatters popcorn... so i wonder how that UTTERLY off panel star system feat would have been viewed by you lot if carver or alberto would have tried to claim that "feat" for a marvel character...? i mean ffs. laughing out loud

know who else treated hal like a complete chump? zod. until the rematch. a hero getting treated like a chump for effect is....comics 101. why do i need to explain this...? "confused:

given his ltd showings, how you jump to the conclusion that orion is now super uberz beyond what he was!!1! is frankly, hilarious. and i LOVE orion (though his recent dialogue sucks imo). prior to these appearances, orion has DOZENS of crazy feats. i mean mogo barely did anything to orion. one random blast? i know the burden of proof regarding dc characters is well below any proof needed for marvel guys around here, but c'mon....

so, since he didn't receive any actual power up, i'll need more than those 2 "feats" and the one totally non-feat to say he's more powerful than his classic self. oh wait,--he has like 11 recent appearances. that must mean he has at least 11 awesome feats, right? that's what y'all are implying? damn, i can't wait to see those. thumb up

Calm down, dear laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 02:31 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

I thought that was very calm. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 03:02 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Calm down, dear laughing out loud
There's nothing that gets leo angrier than DC characters being much more powerful than they were 15 years ago.

It's like hitting Betty in front of Banner.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 03:05 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

but no "official" power up? just a couple high showings?

Orion has always been super uber. Like Lobo.

Remember when he KO'd Superman?

And has very consistently matched, or even had an advantage over, since the Post Crisis era. Like when Darkseid brainwashed him into thinking he was his son. Or when he was the only one in the JLA who could evenly fight him in Superman: King of the World. Or Death of the New Gods, or the New52 fight where Supermans best only amused him.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 03:22 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Oh oh.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 03:22 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by cdtm
Orion has always been super uber. Like Lobo.

Remember when he KO'd Superman?

And has very consistently matched, or even had an advantage over, since the Post Crisis era. Like when Darkseid brainwashed him into thinking he was his son. Or when he was the only one in the JLA who could evenly fight him in Superman: King of the World. Or Death of the New Gods, or the New52 fight where Supermans best only amused him.

Yes. Agreed. He’s always been Uber so looking at a couple random and not terribly impressive feats—and non feats—doesn’t suddenly mean he’s more powerful than he was. laughing out loud

But by all means I am immediately prepared to bz the Orion from the last dozen appearances against the Orion from all his prior appearances.

And I know Phil’s trolling me and maybe not entirely undeservedly but this happens all the time. Which would be fine if people didn’t simply assume it’s right. New doesn’t mean better or more powerful. Seems like the entire forum has turned into senor prep....

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 03:44 PM
cdtm

The writer was essentially trying to push New Gods to the moon as threats, in a general sense. If anything, you can argue lanterns were nerfed, and not any sort of buffing of NG characters.

Highfather was also painted as the "villian", so they weren't even in character.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 03:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Yeah the characterization wasn’t great. Like I said something about Orion’s dialogue really turned me off. Open simonsons series to see how Orion should be depicted. Also some of his feats in that series were awesome. Loved that series....

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 03:59 PM
cdtm

Yeah the characterization wasn’t great. Like I said something about Orion’s dialogue really turned me off. Open simonsons series to see how Orion should be depicted. Also some of his feats in that series were awesome. Loved that series....

thumb up

Time to re-read that.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 04:02 PM
lawest9

In my Op I intended for this to include both pre 52 and 52 versions of Orion.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 05:21 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Off panel? Are you high? We actually see them fighting with Shockwaves travelling across which destroyed the solar system. And then Kyle confirmed it in the next issue.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

How the **** is that off panel?
quote:

Zod was amped on two suns and treated an amped Kyle like nothing (who could destroy Mogo accidentally) before Hal beat the crap out of him.
quote:

Seriously? One blast? I mean c'mon, have you given this account to Alberto?

Here's the entire scene:

http://i.imgur.com/XeJ3xVB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8aG45FL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T1lb4Hc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cNIY6le.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nRnEaO4.jpg

Mogo tries to alter gravity which has owned hundreds of black Lanterns and suspended multiple green Lanterns casually, he then blasts Orion and continues blasting but Orion pretty much ignored it and took the GL ring.

quote:

Why would he need a powerup when he was rebooted?

Last edited by abhilegend on Feb 20th, 2021 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 07:28 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
This is the new kmc old man.

Kidding aside i take Orion in a close fight. Stormbreaker's energy absorbing could be an issue, but Orion has enuff in his arsenal to take it me thinks.

Its not close, at all. Hal alone would destroy Bill, forget Orion.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 07:28 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
Off panel? Are you high? We actually see them fighting with Shockwaves travelling across which destroyed the solar system. And then Kyle confirmed it in the next issue.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

How the **** is that off panel?

Zod was amped on two suns and treated an amped Kyle like nothing (who could destroy Mogo accidentally) before Hal beat the crap out of him.

Seriously? One blast? I mean c'mon, have you given this account to Alberto?

Why would he need a powerup when he was rebooted?

Kyle asks whether it was Orion himself who destroyed the system via their shockwaves. That's not confirmation 🥴

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 07:33 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Kyle asks whether it was Orion himself who destroyed the system via their shockwaves. That's not confirmation 🥴

Shut up idiot.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 07:35 PM