KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Bet Ray Bill vs Orion.

Bet Ray Bill vs Orion.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you're throwing insults now?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 07:39 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Go away troll

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 07:41 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
Off panel? Are you high? We actually see them fighting with Shockwaves travelling across which destroyed the solar system. And then Kyle confirmed it in the next issue.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

How the **** is that off panel?

Zod was amped on two suns and treated an amped Kyle like nothing (who could destroy Mogo accidentally) before Hal beat the crap out of him.

Seriously? One blast? I mean c'mon, have you given this account to Alberto?

Here's the entire scene:

http://i.imgur.com/XeJ3xVB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8aG45FL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T1lb4Hc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cNIY6le.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nRnEaO4.jpg

Mogo tries to alter gravity which has owned hundreds of black Lanterns and suspended multiple green Lanterns casually, he then blasts Orion and continues blasting but Orion pretty much ignored it and took the GL ring.

Why would he need a powerup when he was rebooted?

it's off panel because....we don't actually see the fight...? confused it's obviously a shared feat, but how much did one contribute vs the other? orion admitted to having no chance, and was one-shot when he finally reached the lanterns. space cheese at best.

so now you're trying to tell me we just assume the gravity attack that worked on those lanterns was the exact same as he tried on orion? and that blast was the best mogo could offer? seriously. you've turned into prep, grabbing at the first half-cool feat you see.

seriously. you troll rage for looking at every thor book for feats and blowing them out of proportion, but you try and sell us that orion is suddenly more uber than he's ever been based on these couple of things? c'mon. by doing that you severely demean his feats BEFORE rebirth. like i said, i'll be happy to bz orion vs orion if you're so confident this post rebirth orion is so much more uber than his previous incarnation. lol thumb up

as it stands, it's wayyyyyyy too early to even begin to make that type of assessment.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 08:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

I think the point is Orion's performances are super uber during new 52 and rebirth with only 10 appearances or so. Whether he gets amp or not, Those showings just show us how powerful he is

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 08:52 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by leonidas
it's off panel because....we don't actually see the fight...? confused it's obviously a shared feat, but how much did one contribute vs the other?

Im still iffy on that feat. Originally that looked to me it was the nth golem attacking O'ryan. It's most likely the case cuz O'Ryan seemed to flee for his life by boom tubing out of ground zero. The art on the energies is virtually identical to other golems' energies except for the golem's color. Then u add that part of the fight was obviously off panel.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Feb 20th, 2021 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 08:54 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I have no clue what you guys are discussing I just wanna be a part of the conversation

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 09:20 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

@celey. that's my point about the golem. cool? yes? quantifiable in regards to orion? not at all imo. but more importantly, it shouldn't matter. pre-rebirth orion has some HUGE feats--feats that are 100% beyond those that have been shown by him so far. idc if everyone thinks orion win this match, but the idea that orion is now suddenly more powerful than he ever was is....ridiculous, given some of his past feats.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 09:31 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Some of Orion's most powerful feats are Pre-Flashpoint, anyway. In the Godhead arc, the writers did want to push the NG's as the Multiverses (not universal) powerhouses. One of the Council of Eight made Larfleeze look like an idiot, for example.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 11:06 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

it's off panel because....we don't actually see the fight...? confused it's obviously a shared feat, but how much did one contribute vs the other? orion admitted to having no chance, and was one-shot when he finally reached the lanterns. space cheese at best.

Lolwut? We do see the fight. Shared feat doesn't mean Orion was contributing 1% of the power.

He died because of omega beams, not by the blasts.
quote:

so now you're trying to tell me we just assume the gravity attack that worked on those lanterns was the exact same as he tried on orion? and that blast was the best mogo could offer? seriously. you've turned into prep, grabbing at the first half-cool feat you see.

I'm sorry but this is just hilarious. "This is the best", what else should I be using here?
quote:

seriously. you troll rage for looking at every thor book for feats and blowing them out of proportion, but you try and sell us that orion is suddenly more uber than he's ever been based on these couple of things? c'mon. by doing that you severely demean his feats BEFORE rebirth. like i said, i'll be happy to bz orion vs orion if you're so confident this post rebirth orion is so much more uber than his previous incarnation. lol thumb up

Yes, he is. Post Crisis Orion would not handle Hal that easily or destroy a solar system with just Shockwaves. Your need to equalise everything is blinding you.
quote:

as it stands, it's wayyyyyyy too early to even begin to make that type of assessment.

Yeah, we should wait for another decade to do that. 🙄🙄🙄

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:45 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Im still iffy on that feat. Originally that looked to me it was the nth golem attacking O'ryan. It's most likely the case cuz O'Ryan seemed to flee for his life by boom tubing out of ground zero. The art on the energies is virtually identical to other golems' energies except for the golem's color. Then u add that part of the fight was obviously off panel.

laughing out loud

The fight destroyed the solar system, Orion boom tubed from near Golem to Lanterns because he wasn't even in the star system he destroyed, he was some distance away.

Its clearly stated that it was his fight with golem whose Shockwaves destroyed the solar system.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:48 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing out loud

@celey. that's my point about the golem. cool? yes? quantifiable in regards to orion? not at all imo. but more importantly, it shouldn't matter. pre-rebirth orion has some HUGE feats--feats that are 100% beyond those that have been shown by him so far. idc if everyone thinks orion win this match, but the idea that orion is now suddenly more powerful than he ever was is....ridiculous, given some of his past feats.

laughing out loud

I'd like to see post Crisis Orion destroy a solar system by fighting somewhere else.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:49 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd actually like to SEE it happen too, instead of some random space cheese. lol but wait, why post crisis? the new gods weren't affected by crisis.... confused

and i disagree completely--i think orion would have beat hal down in any era, but i'm curious--you don't think a really serious hal could do any better against orion?

it's funny though--i've seen you (and others) ridicule carver for claiming that glads easily contained an explosion that was going to destroy half the solar system because it was never really shown how he did it but we saw the explosion and have reed's word. so even if we assume orion was somehow responsible for half the energy, at best that same level of energy was contained by gladiator decades ago. laughing out loud

and it's not about a need to equalize--it's about putting high and low feats in a wider context so we don't lose track of the CHARACTER itself. something your need to scale from high feats alone always ignores.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:31 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Leo, I think you first need to understand the difference between shockwaves and direct destruction before you can actually counter abhi smile

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:45 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i understand the difference pretty clearly, i think. but i would like to see who struck the blows, how the shockwaves were generated. did the golem strike a planet hard enough to destroy it and the shockwave wiped out everything else? did orion use the af to parry a blow?

it's a cool feat, but off-panel stuff like that just never carries as much weight for me as it would if we were shown the battle. /shrug

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:59 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

i understand the difference pretty clearly, i think. but i would like to see who struck the blows, how the shockwaves were generated. did the golem strike a planet hard enough to destroy it and the shockwave wiped out everything else? did orion use the af to parry a blow?

it's a cool feat, but off-panel stuff like that just never carries as much weight for me as it would if we were shown the battle. /shrug
I know it doesn't -- and won't carry any weight for you, of course. I've seen people like carver, alberto etc. argue for hollow planets, small planets, etc. This is nothing personal, we all have our biases, the way "we want things to be" or "we want things to be the way they were, otherwise this forum sucks! so irrational!". I'm sure you can even say, even though the panel [key word] literally shows the Golem and Orion standing in front of each other attacking seconds before Hal appears -- you'll find some reasons that there's a non-published page somewhere that you can't see where Orion [or the Golem] is actually hitting a random stray planet/asteroid that we don't see, and they actually don't even hit each other to destroy the solar system just as a side-effect!

But -- the point is that, no matter how many excuses [or you can call them interpretations] [actually they didn't hit eachother! actually, even though it's shown they do, we need to see more of the fight! actually, it might have not even been the fight, it was just a random planet!] -- most people here go "hey, that's nice, they hit each other and the solar system is completely destroyed just as a side effect"

In the end -- you can put how much stock you want into that. You can put how much stock you want into Orion bulldozing Hal in his own series where he is written at an insane level. Where his power is a supernova, where Kyle almost accidentally destroys Mogo with his power, etc. You can ignore any type of power feats, and just focus on fights. You can really do anything. It's your prerogative.

But -- let's not pretend we don't know what this is. Or a "this forum sucks". Or "abhi is trolling".

Truth of the matter is -- and I know this rubs the wrong way -- this feat is a greater collateral damage feat than anything Thor, Surfer, Hulk combined have ever performed [imo, of course]. We are awed by Surfer planet busting against Ravenous, we are awed at Thor cracking the planet and moon as collateral damage, we are awed by WBH and Betty destroying the planet as collateral damage -- but this is somehow nebulous. Ok. Again -- how much stock you put into this [or not at all] is all up to you. Does this mean that Orion is greater than all of them combined or something? No, imo. But at the same time, I'm not going to go "there has to be an explanation, this can't be happpeeeeniiiing! something off panel!".

Just my 2 cents, as Galan would say.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 21st, 2021 at 04:16 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 04:12 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

It looks like the golem's energy signature based on the art. In later issues the other golems have identical art style when they release an attack, but with a different color that matches their own.
Then we see O'Ryan escaping the blast with a boomtube. U can see that it partially travelled with him inside the boom tube.
To me it looks like the golem blasted and caused a shockwave that propagated through the system.
Space is low density, but this is comics.
How O'Ryan was portrayed during this time, it's highly unlikely he would want to cause an attack that kills untold millions possibly billions on purpose.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 04:17 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

I mean kyle literally said the shockwaves orion and the golem( And I know kyle used a question but weve already seen it indeed was orion and the golem) destroyed a solar system
And even though I dont think Orion would try killing millions on purpose but I dont think Orion had choice when facing the golem

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Feb 21st, 2021 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 04:24 PM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

i'd actually like to SEE it happen too, instead of some random space cheese. lol but wait, why post crisis? the new gods weren't affected by crisis.... confused

What more is needed? We actually see the shockwave, we actually see the planets destroyed. That's more than 90% of space feats show us.

Well, post feats of Orion in pre crisis era where he destroyed a solar system.

quote:
and i disagree completely--i think orion would have beat hal down in any era, but i'm curious--you don't think a really serious hal could do any better against orion?

Haha, what? Orion looked inferior to Kyle, forget about Hal in post crisis.

We actually saw the fight, it was an absolute stomp.

quote:
it's funny though--i've seen you (and others) ridicule carver for claiming that glads easily contained an explosion that was going to destroy half the solar system because it was never really shown how he did it but we saw the explosion and have reed's word. so even if we assume orion was somehow responsible for half the energy, at best that same level of energy was contained by gladiator decades ago. laughing out loud

No, I ridicule the "a new sun born" thing, not containing the blast part.

quote:
and it's not about a need to equalize--it's about putting high and low feats in a wider context so we don't lose track of the CHARACTER itself. something your need to scale from high feats alone always ignores.

What exactly are the low feats of New 52 Orion?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 04:25 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Philosophia
Just my 2 cents, as Galan would say.
(please log in to view the image)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 04:28 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
It looks like the golem's energy signature based on the art. In later issues the other golems have identical art style when they release an attack, but with a different color that matches their own.
Then we see O'Ryan escaping the blast with a boomtube. U can see that it partially travelled with him inside the boom tube.
To me it looks like the golem blasted and caused a shockwave that propagated through the system.
Space is low density, but this is comics.
How O'Ryan was portrayed during this time, it's highly unlikely he would want to cause an attack that kills untold millions possibly billions on purpose.

Idiot, the shockwave happened, the solar system was destroyed, the golem was still shown fighting Orion who then escaped the golem.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Off panel? Are you high? We actually see them fighting with Shockwaves travelling across which destroyed the solar system. And then Kyle confirmed it in the next issue.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

How the **** is that off panel?

Zod was amped on two suns and treated an amped Kyle like nothing (who could destroy Mogo accidentally) before Hal beat the crap out of him.

Seriously? One blast? I mean c'mon, have you given this account to Alberto?

Here's the entire scene:

http://i.imgur.com/XeJ3xVB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8aG45FL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/T1lb4Hc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cNIY6le.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/nRnEaO4.jpg

Mogo tries to alter gravity which has owned hundreds of black Lanterns and suspended multiple green Lanterns casually, he then blasts Orion and continues blasting but Orion pretty much ignored it and took the GL ring.

Why would he need a powerup when he was rebooted?

Orion didn't escape the fight which destroyed the solar system, it was his fight which did it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 04:28 PM