KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Secrets of the Sith (2021)

The Secrets of the Sith (2021)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Can this be bought in digital format? I ordered the hard copy but sadly i wont be able to get it till november the 18th

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 04:46 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Can someone post the rest missing pages? It seems to be I cant buy this book in my country and I also cant buy this in digital format

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 05:29 AM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Sidious considers Dooku’s most impressive disciple to be Ventress, which means he believes she is more impressive than Savage Oppress and Quinlan Vos since they are referenced later as his other disciples:
“Dooku’s first disciple (Ventress) was perhaps his most impressive”

He's clearly wrong there though given Dark Vos beat Dooku, something Ventress and Opress combined were not capable of doing.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 10:29 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

One thing I found noteworthy is that Palpatine considered Luke to be such a potential rival that most of his post-RotJ machinations(from the creation of Snoke, to painstakingly attempting to create a suitable host, to creating the First Order, to creating the Sith Fleet/Final Order, etc.) seemed to be put in place because of the threat Luke posed:

"[Luke's] exile allowed me to set in motion the plans for my return. Yet, if not for Luke Skywalker, perhaps none of my efforts would have been necessary."

Anyway, this was a fun read. Lots of interesting little tidbits, and top-notch artwork. thumb up

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Can someone post the rest missing pages? It seems to be I cant buy this book in my country and I also cant buy this in digital format
I skimmed through the album Tempest posted, and nearly everything seems to be there.

I can upload anything that might've slipped through the cracks later this week.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 13th, 2021 at 11:23 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 11:16 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by Galan007
One thing I found noteworthy is that Palpatine considered Luke to be such a potential rival that most of his post-RotJ machinations(from the creation of Snoke, to painstakingly attempting to create a suitable host, to creating the First Order, to creating the Sith Fleet/Final Order, etc.) seemed to be put in place because of the threat Luke posed:

"[Luke's] exile allowed me to set in motion the plans for my return. Yet, if not for Luke Skywalker, perhaps none of my efforts would have been necessary."

Anyway, this was a fun read. Lots of interesting little tidbits, and top-notch artwork. thumb up

I skimmed through the album Tempest posted, and nearly everything seems to be there.

He says that because Luke blew up the Death Star and redeemed Vader. That’s what he says right after that iirc

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 01:08 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Luke should be Palpatines rival regardless. Bar that whole I Am All The Sith power up.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 03:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Originally posted by Galan007

Thank you Galan and Tempest.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 04:13 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Luke should be Palpatines rival regardless. Bar that whole I Am All The Sith power up.

I’ll have to find the exact quote when I get home today, but Palpatine says something along the lines of “now that the threat of Luke Skywalker is extinguished, few remain who pose a threat to my rule.” So he definitely viewed Luke as a threat.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 04:21 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Found it:
“Some will oppose my rule. But with Luke Skywalker’s threat removed, few remain who possess the power to challenge my supremacy.”

Old Post Oct 13th, 2021 04:23 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Interesting, this seems to suggest he had Dooku killed in part because of his constant plotting. Does seem like Palpatine considered him a legitimate threat.

The North Remembers

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Sidious considers Dooku’s most impressive disciple to be Ventress, which means he believes she is more impressive than Savage Oppress and Quinlan Vos since they are referenced later as his other disciples:
“Dooku’s first disciple (Ventress) was perhaps his most impressive”

Sidious never knew about Vos being Dooku’s disciple. When the two met (via hologram) Dooku just said he was his new personal assassin. Sidious had forbidden him from taking any new apprentices at that point in time

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 06:48 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Found it:
“Some will oppose my rule. But with Luke Skywalker’s threat removed, few remain who possess the power to challenge my supremacy.”

I read it, but dont like the “few” remain bit which follows.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 08:02 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Total Warrior
Sidious never knew about Vos being Dooku’s disciple. When the two met (via hologram) Dooku just said he was his new personal assassin. Sidious had forbidden him from taking any new apprentices at that point in time

Yeah because In Universe characters dont know everything.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 08:03 AM
The_Tempest

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Thank you Galan and Tempest.

you're welcome

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Interesting, this seems to suggest he had Dooku killed in part because of his constant plotting. Does seem like Palpatine considered him a legitimate threat.

sidious considered ventress a threat, stands to reason he'd consider dooku one too

Originally posted by Darth Thor

he's not; multiple sources indicate that decrepit zombie sheev would still punch luke's shit in

luke is a threat to sidious post-endor the way luke was a threat to sidious pre-endor: as a symbol of jedi resurgence and defiance

Originally posted by Total Warrior

dooku does know about vos and lists him in secrets of the sith as a dark side acolyte of the count's

sheev thinking ventress may be more impressive than vos might either be a genuine miscalculation on his part since there's reason to believe dark side vos > ventress based on vos's ability to defeat dooku... or it could be that sidious is regarding her as "more impressive" based on different or a variety of qualities.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 03:58 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

should be *dookusheev does know about vod and lists him"***

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 03:59 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Yes imo.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 05:02 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Oct 14th, 2021 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 05:40 PM
xPRIMEx

Last edited by xPRIMEx on Oct 14th, 2021 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 05:42 PM
Zenwolf

So does this book have anything NEW? Cause what I'm getting from it, it's just rehashing stuff that we kinda already knew about.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 09:01 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by The_Tempest
should be *dookusheev does know about vod and lists him"***

Or Ventress could be > Vos despite the latter defeating Dooku. Such is canon powerscaling written by Christie Golden.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 10:36 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote