KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Phoenix Rachel vs Starbrand

Phoenix Rachel vs Starbrand
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MrMind

overpowering post retcon beyonder for starter

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 08:19 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I don’t recsll it going down that way. I’ll check on that.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 08:21 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

beating a hungry galactus

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 08:24 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

That’s a better example, it Kevin went up against 3 Universal Abstracts, and again Kevin was inexperienced. DC should’ve gotten the Starbrand, or there should be a crossover between the Starbrand and the Green Lanterns. Ultimately, Kyle would showcase how that weapon should be used.

Kevin was barely tapping into the power of the Brand and look how powerful he was. That’s all I’m saying.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 08:41 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

My memory is a bit fuzzy. Perhaps Zop could help out, it I sort of recall the Starbrand being infused with the power of all of the heroes on Earth way back. Again I believe that happened way back in the 80’s.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 08:45 PM
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
A slightly more experienced Starbrand took on a living star.

Blue Phoenix Echo Rachel did that too though, and that form has less power to draw from than her Phoenix form.

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 26th, 2021 at 09:37 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 09:24 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing out loud

was going to bring up echo rachel...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 09:49 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by MrMind
overpowering post retcon beyonder for starter

She fought Pre-Retcon Beyonder and she took him on with the power he gave her.
Originally posted by Stoic
My memory is a bit fuzzy. Perhaps Zop could help out, it I sort of recall the Starbrand being infused with the power of all of the heroes on Earth way back. Again I believe that happened way back in the 80’s.

Don't recall this incident. If it happened in the 80s it would be taking place in the New Universe. It wasn't until the 90s that the Starbrand entered the mainstream Marvel universe.
Originally posted by StyleTime
Blue Phoenix Echo Rachel did that too though, and that form has less power to draw from than her Phoenix form.

Did she win? Because Kevin did. Doesn't matter as this wasn't even his best showing. Him vs 3 avatars of Eternity's children takes the cake (they were playing for keeps and wanted him dead).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 09:58 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

serious question zop--what makes you think the 3 avatars were really all that powerful? i'm not at all sure i could see kevin doing in even a hungry galactus like rachel did.... she was just toying with him essentially, and gave no indication that she was anywhere near maxxing out.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 10:00 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

entropy helped genis killing eternity

genis shot entropy in the head and thus created an entire multiverse

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 10:03 PM
MrMind

was that pre-retcon? my memory is fuzzy, SW2 tie-in?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 10:04 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

entropy helped genis killing eternity

genis shot entropy in the head and thus created an entire multiverse

where was this?

and yeah, it was pre-retcon beyonder. swii tie in. uncanny 203. but i think she was amped in that beyonder showing, maybe. i'll have to go back and look at it.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 10:11 PM
MrMind

Originally posted by leonidas
where was this?

and yeah, it was pre-retcon beyonder. swii tie in. uncanny 203. but i think she was amped in that beyonder showing, maybe. i'll have to go back and look at it.

it was in that run where genis became a mad god

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 10:14 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 10:14 PM
StyleTime

laughing out loud

was going to bring up echo rachel...

Yeah, I was wondering if we could only use feats from that era. Rachel has always been a weird one, since she sometimes gets better feats despite being in a "weaker" form.

Did she win? Because Kevin did. Doesn't matter as this wasn't even his best showing. Him vs 3 avatars of Eternity's children takes the cake (they were playing for keeps and wanted him dead).

It was interrupted unfortunately, and we didnt get to see much.

Yet another thing a Vulcan arc robbed us of. thumb up

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 26th, 2021 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 10:59 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

serious question zop--what makes you think the 3 avatars were really all that powerful? i'm not at all sure i could see kevin doing in even a hungry galactus like rachel did.... she was just toying with him essentially, and gave no indication that she was anywhere near maxxing out.

One of the three abstracts empowering it's avatar was Entropy, the very same Entropy that took Eternity's place when he and Genis killed the previous Eternity.
(please log in to view the image)
And that's just ONE of the abstracts that wanted to kill Starbrand.
was that pre-retcon? my memory is fuzzy, SW2 tie-in?

Yes, it was an issue of the X-Men SWII tie in. He amped her though and she was feeding him his power back.
(please log in to view the image)

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 11:04 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Don't recall this incident. If it happened in the 80s it would be taking place in the New Universe. It wasn't until the 90s that the Starbrand entered the mainstream Marvel universe.

Pardon the error. I think that it was actually in the 90's, as Greg Capullo was sketching Quasar at that time. I'm not certain what the guys name was but he had a domed helmet on, and was in several of the books which described a powerful armada and needing a defense against it. I'm sorry, but this happened a while ago.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2021 11:36 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
I always thought it was funny that even with Rachel's experience, Teen Jean still trumped her and she couldn't figure her out. Like, imo As far as " "users" are concerned after Jean Hope Summers is a better Phoenix avatar than Rachel.

What do you mean? Rachel was only telepath who didn't get punked by Teen Jean. She was beating Xavier Jr. too, who Teen Jean needed 3 other psychics and help from several X-Men for.
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
only reason i said Hope was better because she has achieved the highest level we have seen so far and Rachel NEVER has. Even with her training wheels. Rachel was basically a puppet/substitute for the Phoenix Force while Jean was out of the picture. It only connected to her well because she was related to Jean and because of plot purposes. That was evident when Jean was able to take it from her from the White Hot Room and she said "Not now mom". Granted, given Rachel's powerset, if they gave her great character development, she could become OP. But given that Jean is the resident psychic for Marvel, thats probably not gon happen. Hell, even Quentin gives her a run for her money.

Quentin blew himself out against just Rachel's mental defense. She should be emphatically above him.

As for these comments about her appearances, she's actually a headliner or regular across multiple books. They all just happen to be really slow. The Krakoan era requires lots of set up and world building in the main title, so we get a lot of scenes like this.
https://postimg.cc/PNYYDDN3
https://postimg.cc/qzGKbds2
https://postimg.cc/jLTN4j7s

Where they just explain a bunch of stuff. We're only just now revisiting the X-23/Synch/Darwin investigation into the Children of the Vault situation(A storyline I'm excited about).

Last edited by StyleTime on Feb 27th, 2021 at 10:29 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 10:25 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Rachel may be able to win against Kevin, I doubt it, but depending on the wielder, the Starbrand is capable of granting infinite power. I believe that Kevin has the best feats overall.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2021 11:21 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
What do you mean? Rachel was only telepath who didn't get punked by Teen Jean. She was beating Xavier Jr. too, who Teen Jean needed 3 other psychics and help from several X-Men for.

Quentin blew himself out against just Rachel's mental defense. She should be emphatically above him.

As for these comments about her appearances, she's actually a headliner or regular across multiple books. They all just happen to be really slow. The Krakoan era requires lots of set up and world building in the main title, so we get a lot of scenes like this.
https://postimg.cc/PNYYDDN3
https://postimg.cc/qzGKbds2
https://postimg.cc/jLTN4j7s

Where they just explain a bunch of stuff. We're only just now revisiting the X-23/Synch/Darwin investigation into the Children of the Vault situation(A storyline I'm excited about).

u right. But she's definitely not stronger. She was more trained than teen jean
But had Vulcan and mesmero mind raping her ass

Old Post Mar 1st, 2021 11:48 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote