KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Amazing games that aged horribly?

Amazing games that aged horribly?
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, that controller sucked balls....though it was the first attempt for 3D movement.

I do remember being able to run around without issues in Goldeneye using the 3 yellow buttons, really, really fast. I remember playing games against adults who were not using that system...and just running around them like I was superhero.

Old Post May 14th, 2021 07:12 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
GoldenEye is probably the quintessential example.

I busted out my 360 a couple years ago and played Gears of War 1 with a younger cousin and I was amazed at how clunky the controls felt (and also how ugly it was). This is a game that was renowned at release for revolutionizing the TPS genre and setting a new standard for graphical fidelity.

Probably because you're playing a sub 720p game on a 4k tv.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 14th, 2021 09:09 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

At the time I remember liking the N64 controller a lot. I never had any issues with it really. Now looking back it's strange and clunky as hell but it was doing something new at the time.

For FPS games you basically had to use the Turok controllers, movement with the yellow C buttons and then the stick for looking around. Worked well like that.

Old Post May 14th, 2021 10:24 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Probably because you're playing a sub 720p game on a 4k tv.
20" plasma screen from 2009, actually.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post May 14th, 2021 10:41 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

On Goldeneye, there was the cancelled 360 version that became somewhat available in full via emulation not too long ago.

Turns out Nintendo wasnt the reason it was cancelled (as they obviously dont own the Bond IP, just the Goldeneye source code), but the Bond owners themselves MGM/EON. Since we are getting that upcoming Project 007 game though, maybe they will have eased up on letting more Bond game related stuff happen again, like letting the Goldeneye nostalgists finally have their bone tossed, even though they always prefer to focus on who they have as the current Bond with any medium and not the past ones (Pierce Brosnan, etc).

If the above gets officially released, beating it on 00 Agent difficulty will be easier than doing it on the original on a 64 controller. lol Just having two control sticks to move and aim with.. Also you know one thing about Goldeneye that hasnt aged and will never age? The soundtrack. thumb up

Old Post May 14th, 2021 11:22 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Hardly played the original Goldeneye game at the tim, I was playing other FPS games on the PC & PS1 at the time

but i absolutely loathed the N64 controller with other games that i did try it out on.

Old Post May 15th, 2021 02:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I know its a FPS....but you could probably make a small little argument its a glorified rail shooter.....

Old Post May 15th, 2021 04:09 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote