KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dynamix

it was awesome. really enjoyed it.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 08:58 PM
dynamix is currently offline Click here to Send dynamix a Private Message Find more posts by dynamix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dynamix
it was awesome. really enjoyed it.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Even Maurice?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 09:21 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

‘Twas good!!!

And my man-crush on Awkwafina in no way influenced the above opinion.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 10:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Holy **** Abomination sucks 😂

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 4th, 2021 01:40 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Won't be seeing this anytime ****en soon.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2021 06:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

First half was really entertaining. Second half just dragged on.

Overall cool and fun film but defo overhyped by critics.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2021 06:59 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Going to see this on Tuesday.

Tuesday is the best day to go, tickets are $7.38.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 01:48 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I thought it was really fun. Different in many ways from the traditional comic - the conflict between Shang and his criminal father is practically the only element from the comic that's in here - but Marvel has upscaled everything in a good way. So now instead of the espionage angle, things are bigger and more magical.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 5th, 2021 02:48 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Was not a fan of the MCU's depiction of the 10 rings(the items/objects themselves, not the terrorist organization.)

I understand why the rings were depicted so wildly different in the film than they are in the comics, as most casual fans might've just seen them as "mini Infinity Stones" or w/e... But I was just completely underwhelmed by them here.

As for the film itself: it was okay. Certainly nowhere near the top of the MCU totem pole, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 6th, 2021 at 11:36 AM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2021 11:33 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Just saw this movie and overall it was okay. While the choreography is probably some of the best the MCU had to offer since Winter Soldier the story dragged in the second half before turning into another CGI budget reel in the finale.

The actual 10 rings are kind of a letdown when compared to their comic book counterparts but they served their purpose I suppose.

One question I kept thinking about was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: If the 10 rings knew where Shang-Chi and his sister were the entire time why did he bother sending assassin's after them? Couldn't they just pick they up using quieter methods

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 12:51 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

Same it was okay. It's a marvel movie so it is what you expect. I do applaud marvel for creating a story within a story or a fake universe for that matter

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 08:10 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Just saw this movie and overall it was okay. While the choreography is probably some of the best the MCU had to offer since Winter Soldier the story dragged in the second half before turning into another CGI budget reel in the finale.

The actual 10 rings are kind of a letdown when compared to their comic book counterparts but they served their purpose I suppose.

One question I kept thinking about was [SPOILER - highlight to read]: If the 10 rings knew where Shang-Chi and his sister were the entire time why did he bother sending assassin's after them? Couldn't they just pick they up using quieter methods

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Xu Wenwu/Mandarin wanted to see if his kids had still remembered their training because he was holding out hope they'd return home to him and help him run the 10 Rings, especially after he went crazy and the Mega Soul Sucker started playing with his head.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 09:49 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

So it was decent enough. The fighting peaked during the scaffolding scene. The camera work and choreography at that was fantastic. The final battle was a bit underwhelming and the half hour before that was monotonous and boring.

I'm guessing they're gearing Dr Strange to be the hinge point for all the earth based stuff in phase 4 and presumably Thor and/or Captain Marvel for the off world stuff in the set up for the next "big bad".

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 10:08 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i just love martial arts movies and Shang Chi is a personal fave. I enjoyed it. The action was good. Everyone was cast well including awkafina. I would highly recommend. Easily 8/10

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 11:05 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I just got around to watching this. Too much fantasy and magic for my taste, but with phase 4 and the multiverse stuff I guess you'll have that. The fight scenes were pretty awesome, but all in all this one only rates as average for me. Its not something I would rush to see again.

5/10

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 07:29 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obfuscation
Restricted

Account Restricted

He got thi green screen HA

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 07:44 AM
Obfuscation is currently offline Click here to Send Obfuscation a Private Message Find more posts by Obfuscation Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by tkitna
Its not something I would rush to see again.

5/10

Ive seen it twice. I wound up going w. a neighbor while we were out and about in a spur of moment decision. It was pretty rewatchable.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 09:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obfuscation
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Ive seen it twice. I wound up going w. a neighbor while we were out and about in a spur of moment decision. It was pretty rewatchable.
Whoopty FUK

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 09:54 AM
Obfuscation is currently offline Click here to Send Obfuscation a Private Message Find more posts by Obfuscation Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I liked this overall. It's not on par with the best films the MCU has given us, but I definitely found it more enjoyable than the inconsistent snoozefest that was The Eternals. Probably enjoyed it more than Black Widow too.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 09:55 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obfuscation
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I liked this overall. It's not on par with the best films the MCU has given us, but I definitely found it more enjoyable than the inconsistent snoozefest that was The Eternals. Probably enjoyed it more than Black Widow too.
"I liked th-" stfu

Old Post Nov 12th, 2021 10:25 AM