KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs Count Dooku (See details)

Darth Maul vs Count Dooku (See details)
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scizard

I only think Rebels Maul wins, TCW Maul kinda getting slapped.

Old Post May 12th, 2021 08:55 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ozz81
Cool but I hear from others that Dooku was very familiar with Obis style as he was the master of his master ie Qui gon Jin etc .. and also why Obi was doing well against aniken in ROTS as he was also familiar with his style as he was his master etc
Also with the maul vs Obi duels Maul wasn’t actually trying to kill Obi hence I guess not showing him outright beat him..
Dooku was familiar with all styles.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post May 13th, 2021 06:45 PM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMaster97

It is true that A>B>C logic doesn't always work. Fights have circumstances beyond just the skill and power levels of the combatants.

But the gap here is just too large. Maul and Obi-Wan are essentially more or less equal (with Obi-Wan being slightly superior during the Clone Wars and clearly superior during Rebels). Dooku is much better than Obi-Wan in both sabers and force powers, as clearly shown in CW Season 6 and ROTS.

If Maul ever had any chance against Dooku, he would have never struggled with defeating and killing Obi-Wan.

Old Post May 13th, 2021 09:22 PM
Click here to Send JediMaster97 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMaster97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834

Even if we dismiss his loss due to overconfidence,

Theres no IF about it. He disarmed her weapons and he Had her Beat (just had to slice the other side of the beam). The director also flat out said she was the inferior combatant.

That said theres no arguing it was a genuinely good fight.

Originally posted by ares834

I'm far more inclined to give credence to the duels we observed over a dubious list.

This I agree with. Even comics and novels get contradicted easily. So a list in a source book really means squat next to actual on screen fights and feats.

It seems despite what they claim the old canon system of Movies > Animation > Everything else... is still firmly in place.

Old Post May 14th, 2021 09:38 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JediMaster97
But the gap here is just too large. Maul and Obi-Wan are essentially more or less equal (with Obi-Wan being slightly superior during the Clone Wars and clearly superior during Rebels). Dooku is much better than Obi-Wan in both sabers and force powers, as clearly shown in CW Season 6 and ROTS.

This.

Filoni clearly debunked the whole Maul >/= Dooku idea.

Maul seems much more on par with Rebels Ahsoka. Whatever level you put her at.

Last edited by Darth Thor on May 14th, 2021 at 09:44 AM

Old Post May 14th, 2021 09:42 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

Cool good points , also I’m not sure how will you interpret this In one of the canon comics series sidous said Maul was a loss and Dooku a tool etc somthing along those lines : that comment from him gives me the impression that he’s favouring maul more than Dooku hence sees maul as better or more powerful perhaps !?

Old Post May 14th, 2021 11:21 AM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, Palpatine put a lot more time/effort into Maul -- he was acquired when he was just a child, and Palpatine spent the next several years(a decade or two) intensely training him as a proper Sith apprentice. Conversely, Dooku was already a well-seasoned Jedi Master when Palpatine recruited him -- Palps taught him a few things, pointed him toward the Separatists, and said *GO!*.

So you could interpret that as the reason why Palpatine regarded Maul as more of a "loss" than Dooku. It's also conceivable that Maul possessed more raw/untapped potential than Dooku, which may have also factored into Palpatine's assessment.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 14th, 2021 11:39 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ozz81

^^ Awesome, well said Galan like how you explained it !

Old Post May 14th, 2021 12:43 PM
Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Basically Maul got handpicked by the strongest force user in the universe to be a proper apprentice for all his life and still lost to a padawan while Dooku rose through the jedi ranks constantly blocked by Yoda as the working class hero of the sith

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 26th, 2021 08:21 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote