KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superboy Prime vs Kitty Pride

Superboy Prime vs Kitty Pride
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Magnon

I don't think Kitty can even touch Prime if he decides to go intangible.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 04:47 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SquallX
Why do people think that Prime won’t just remove all the oxygen from the field by A. Using his super speed, or B. Heat up the environment until all the oxygen is gone?

Or since this is Prime, he just destroys the planet and be done with it.

Its interesting that his limited power set means he has to resort to indirect attacks isnt it? smile

Now what if he was dealing with intangible entities who didnt need to breathe?

Interesting smile

Old Post May 7th, 2021 04:47 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by leonidas
it's an interesting question. at just standard levels, i don't think he'd be able to punch her. i think she would likely phase him into the ground, but that wouldn't do much more than pi$$ him off. he'd break free then have to do some fanfic attack to hit her. could be some sort of energy attack maybe? or maybe his rage fuels a punch that can hit or affect her somehow? not sure tbh, unless he has a feat of hitting someone/something intangible? and not just dimensional walls...
remember smashing planets is something he has done before.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 04:54 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Given the nature of her power its your burden of responsibility to prove that cold affects her.

But Leo seems to think Iceman managed it, but then his temperature manipulation is atomic level so is a lot more intricate than a macro cold breath attack in her nearby vicinity lol

Sonics could effect her and light for sure. She can breathe through solid matter now. Her need to hold her breath whilst phasing was phased out eek!

She can't breathe in space, for example.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 7th, 2021 04:57 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
She can't breathe in space, for example.

(please log in to view the image)

Cool. So Prime would basically have to smash the planet or as Squall said burn up the atmosphere.

Theres no doubt that Prime would win in this scenario (mine said indestructible planet) but it does serve to highlight the limits of his powerset.

Mission accomplished wink

Old Post May 7th, 2021 05:04 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cool. So Prime would basically have to smash the planet or as Squall said burn up the atmosphere.

Theres no doubt that Prime would win in this scenario (mine said indestructible planet) but it does serve to highlight the limits of his powerset.

Mission accomplished wink
Ahh GS, he simply alters reality. He really has no limitations he is a walking plot device. He has whatever powers he needs for the plot, you want reality warped use Prime, You want a guy to survive a universal blast use prime. Escape the speed force Prime. Absorb a guardian Prime, turn Myx into a ***** or defeat DK use Prime. He is a no limits fallacy.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 05:11 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Or just fly very fast and create a vacuum.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 05:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Its interesting that his limited power set means he has to resort to indirect attacks isnt it? smile

Now what if he was dealing with intangible entities who didnt need to breathe?

Interesting smile

Are you joking? Did you just claimed Prime has a limited powerset?

Old Post May 7th, 2021 05:16 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

@squall--that's a good idea. i have serious doubts prime would think of removing the oxygen via superspeed though. maybe, but he's generally too petulant to think like that in a battle imo.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 05:46 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

In Death Metal, he's a lot less petulant.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 05:49 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Ahh GS, he simply alters reality. He really has no limitations he is a walking plot device. He has whatever powers he needs for the plot, you want reality warped use Prime, You want a guy to survive a universal blast use prime. Escape the speed force Prime. Absorb a guardian Prime, turn Myx into a ***** or defeat DK use Prime. He is a no limits fallacy.

He changes reality by punching things. On top of that he doesnt know how he changes reality, he has no control over its effects, he doesnt know what triggers it.

It has limited offensive capability in general and definitely against someone who his punches cant connect with.

Furthermore his punches connected with Darkest Knight and SBP ended up dead erm

Old Post May 7th, 2021 06:22 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by SquallX
Are you joking? Did you just claimed Prime has a limited powerset?

In the big scheme of things he has a very limited power set as opposed to a high level reality warper or cosmic being.

Hes a brick with a randomly triggered, uncontrolled retcon punch smile

Old Post May 7th, 2021 06:24 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by leonidas
@squall--that's a good idea. i have serious doubts prime would think of removing the oxygen via superspeed though. maybe, but he's generally too petulant to think like that in a battle imo.

He surprised me to.

Go on Squall with your bad self wink

Old Post May 7th, 2021 06:24 PM
DarkSaint85

Didn't he break out of the Speed Force by punching? With enough finesse to arrive back a week or so after he originally got trapped?

Old Post May 7th, 2021 06:45 PM
Bentley
Seitei

I also don't believe Prime would bust the atmosphere as a tactical movement, maybe by accident lol

Also: I thought Kitty phased a giant space bullet and was in space for months, how did she breath there? Real question

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 7th, 2021 07:24 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Bentley
I also don't believe Prime would bust the atmosphere as a tactical movement, maybe by accident lol

Also: I thought Kitty phased a giant space bullet and was in space for months, how did she breath there? Real question

She did, and the whole breathing thing, iirc, is as inconsistent post-Claremont as any other X-Men character's powers. Hell, just a while back we were arguing about whether she would still have that power boost she got.

Stilt would be better caught up with it than me though, so he'd have more insights as to whether her breathing issues are still a thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 7th, 2021 07:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

In the big scheme of things he has a very limited power set as opposed to a high level reality warper or cosmic being.

Hes a brick with a randomly triggered, uncontrolled retcon punch smile
And the ability to asborb the energy of God's, kill the antimoniter etc., etc.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 07:33 PM
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
When has she shrugged off cold?

Plus sonics, light still affects her (Super skrull blinded her), and last I saw when she was with Star-Lord, she still needed to breathe...

The breathing thing kind of went out the window during her Astonishing arc, you know, flying a phased alien bullet into space for years. Then she came back and couldn't un-phase. I find she can stay phased as long as she pleases in X-Books over the last decade and a half, the breathing only showing up in crossover material for plot reasons.

Sonics work IIRC. Only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is her getting downed by a WWH thunderclap, but I feel like I've seen other instances.

As for cold, it stands to reason that she should be immune to all temperatures while phased. She's gone through lava, lasers, Omega Sentinal blasts. Now Bobby is a different story, he has more potential to control her molecules than vice-versa. The vague nonsensical description of her powers has always been that she pushes her molecules through the gaps in matter and (to varying degrees) energy, but any powerful telekinetic, matter manipulator, etc. can just "grab her by the atomic structure." In Bobby's case, should be able to slow them regardless of her phase state.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 07:38 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

The fact that we are even debating Kitty of all people can challenge the likes of Prime is laughable.

Prime since he’s been reintroduced has about 3 to 4 bad showings
-Fighting Superboy and Krypto and not outright killing them
-Losing to the titans. Was done because of the New 52
-Losing to Black Adam and Shazam

Old Post May 7th, 2021 08:27 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Konton
The breathing thing kind of went out the window during her Astonishing arc, you know, flying a phased alien bullet into space for years. Then she came back and couldn't un-phase. I find she can stay phased as long as she pleases in X-Books over the last decade and a half, the breathing only showing up in crossover material for plot reasons.

Sonics work IIRC. Only thing that comes to mind off the top of my head is her getting downed by a WWH thunderclap, but I feel like I've seen other instances.

As for cold, it stands to reason that she should be immune to all temperatures while phased. She's gone through lava, lasers, Omega Sentinal blasts. Now Bobby is a different story, he has more potential to control her molecules than vice-versa. The vague nonsensical description of her powers has always been that she pushes her molecules through the gaps in matter and (to varying degrees) energy, but any powerful telekinetic, matter manipulator, etc. can just "grab her by the atomic structure." In Bobby's case, should be able to slow them regardless of her phase state.

she's also been in space without trouble--tangentially showing cold can be ineffective, as well as radiation. but yeah, depending on HOW bobby used his powers, he SHOULD be able to affect her though by getting a little exotic. his usual tricks just pass through her though.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 08:58 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote