KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superboy Prime vs Kitty Pride

Superboy Prime vs Kitty Pride
Started by: Bentley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Green Lanterns have also been in space, showing cold is ineffective on them.

SBP still froze them and smashed through them, though.

I am also interested in how Kitty would do when trying to phase against him. We know dense materials give her a lot of trouble - when Thane encased her in amber, it was pretty dense and she was left gasping for air:

(please log in to view the image)

The thing with Kryptonian super breath, or at least Superman's, is that in DC, EVERYTHING, even intangible phased beings who split molecules, are still made of particles that are subject to being affected by freeze breath.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 09:05 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Then we have the time Shaw killed her. Does anyone know (honest q) why she didn't just phase out?

Or just not breathe? As far as I can tell, those Krakoan vines he used were nothing special.....they grew really quickly but that's it.

Old Post May 7th, 2021 09:44 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Kitty beats Phoenix, glad we all agree.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 03:37 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Green Lanterns have also been in space, showing cold is ineffective on them.

SBP still froze them and smashed through them, though.

I am also interested in how Kitty would do when trying to phase against him. We know dense materials give her a lot of trouble - when Thane encased her in amber, it was pretty dense and she was left gasping for air:

The thing with Kryptonian super breath, or at least Superman's, is that in DC, EVERYTHING, even intangible phased beings who split molecules, are still made of particles that are subject to being affected by freeze breath.

Of course lanterns deal with space. They have shields.... I don’t think an unshielded Hal would like space much. Kitty is obviously much different. I also find it hard to believe freeze breath would work on a shielded lantern. It may freeze everything outside the shield and lock them in ice but I doubt the breath would actually go through any sort of significant gl shield.

It could still affect kitty maybe. Depends how it works. Bobby could potentially do the same I’d think if he did more than chuck ice constructions at her. But since it’s never happened it’s impossible to say beyond it might work.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 03:40 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 8th, 2021 03:46 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by leonidas
Of course lanterns deal with space. They have shields.... I don’t think an unshielded Hal would like space much. Kitty is obviously much different. I also find it hard to believe freeze breath would work on a shielded lantern. It may freeze everything outside the shield and lock them in ice but I doubt the breath would actually go through any sort of significant gl shield.

It could still affect kitty maybe. Depends how it works. Bobby could potentially do the same I’d think if he did more than chuck ice constructions at her. But since it’s never happened it’s impossible to say beyond it might work.
So... Shields only activate when the cold comes from space but they don't activate when it comes from other sources? Lol

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:21 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by carver9
@Leo...

https://ibb.co/3v89SkT

So you just prove that Prime’s cold breath is so powerful, that even when the Lanterns that are in space with their auto shields activated, they are still useless?

Good job Carver, you once again showed us how powerful Prime really is.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:23 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
And the ability to asborb the energy of God's, kill the antimoniter etc., etc.

Absorb the energy of Gods? You mean the Guardian? Cool feat. Doesnt then mean hes capable of defeating top tier cosmic beings in a forum battle where PIS is not his friend smile

A severely weakened Anti-monitor that had been attacked by the Guardians en masse and had a yellow power battery detonated in his vicinity. Lets not conveniently leave out context especially when it makes all the difference wink

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:38 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

The fact that this is an active and legitimate debate just proves my point. Well done to all big grin

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:40 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Absorb the energy of Gods? You mean the Guardian? Cool feat. Doesnt then mean hes capable of defeating top tier cosmic beings in a forum battle where PIS is not his friend smile

A severely weakened Anti-monitor that had been attacked by the Guardians en masse and had a yellow power battery detonated in his vicinity. Lets not conveniently leave out context especially when it makes all the difference wink

Right, anything Prime does in your book is pis, while Kitty feats are all legits.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:42 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by SquallX
Right, anything Prime does in your book is pis, while Kitty feats are all legits.

Your capacity to comprehend information and rules is the problem here. I don't blame you. Its just who you are. We're all different and all bring value in our own ways i guess.

Thanks for your contributions smile thumb up

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:46 PM
SquallX

Your capacity to comprehend information and rules is the problem here. I don't blame you. Its just who you are. We're all different and all bring value in our own ways i guess.

Thanks for your contributions smile thumb up

Love the fact that wrote so much yet said nothing of worth.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:48 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The fact that this is an active and legitimate debate just proves my point. Well done to all big grin
Great logic btw. thumb up

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:50 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by SquallX
Love the fact that wrote so much yet said nothing of worth.

Again youre just demonstrating the truth in my previous comment.

If you understand what PIS means then you'll see why it applies to Superboy Prime and not Kitty Pryde.

Enjoy your day smile

Old Post May 8th, 2021 04:51 PM
DarkSaint85

Well your original point was:

Serious question. If they were fighting in an indestructible environment. What could Prime do against Kitty Pride? LOL laughing

And on the first page of this, we already agreed that sonics and light at the very least would affect her - guessed you answered your original question yourself:
Sonics could effect her and light for sure. She can breathe through solid matter now. Her need to hold her breath whilst phasing was phased out eek!

So we have two things SBP can do. She still needs to breathe, it would appear, from the latest comics, and we are debating a 4th method, freeze breath.

Now we know she still has molecules, even when intangible - her phasing (IIRC) is just her sliding her molecules between the molecules of whatever she is phasing through.

In short, she still has molecules to affect. Which freeze breath certainly works on. Leo just doesn't remember him killing the GLs because he is old.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 05:35 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

And on the first page of this, we already agreed that sonics and light at the very least would affect her - guessed you answered your original question yourself:

So we have two things SBP can do. She still needs to breathe, it would appear, from the latest comics, and we are debating a 4th method, freeze breath.

Now we know she still has molecules, even when intangible - her phasing (IIRC) is just her sliding her molecules between the molecules of whatever she is phasing through.

In short, she still has molecules to affect. Which freeze breath certainly works on. Leo just doesn't remember him killing the GLs because he is old.
Obviously the old superspeed vortex would remove her breathable air, creating a vacuum. How much mass does she have phasing remember, he has microscopic vision and heat vision.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 05:38 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Missing the point entirely. This is all a follow on from a number of threads.

This was never about whether he could beat Kitty Pryde. It was about highlighting the limitations of his powerset.

This thread has served its purpose thumb up

Old Post May 8th, 2021 05:41 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

This was never about whether he could beat Kitty Pryde. It was about highlighting the limitations of his powerset.

I honestly don't think it has GS, perhaps I should make a poll.

Old Post May 8th, 2021 05:42 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Well your point was:

This brute doesnt even have the power set to take out Kitty Pryde laughing

Whats he gonna do? eek!

Looks like he does, and I guess the point of this thread was to educate you smile

Old Post May 8th, 2021 05:46 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I honestly don't think it has GS, perhaps I should make a poll.

Go for it. Wouldnt stop me and a number of others from being able to counter all comers in SBP vs a high tier cosmic thread smile

The fact that this guy who is being pitted against cosmic beings has to have people thinking outside of the box and doing all kinds of exotic applications of power to the scenery/environment in order to take out a minor x-man demonstrates perfectly his limitations.

Hes a brick with a limited and uncontrolled ability to create random changes to reality but only through making physical contact with a punch.

Good luck retconning Kitty eek! laughing out loud

Old Post May 8th, 2021 05:49 PM