KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » He-Man and Masters of the Universe: Revelation (Netflix)

He-Man and Masters of the Universe: Revelation (Netflix)
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Right-wing YouTube channels have been spreading disinformation about the series for weeks leading up to its debut, which encouraged trolls to review bomb the audience reviews.

The fact that it debuted in the Netflix Top 10 worldwide, its soundtrack is climbing the charts, and has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics and fans is all you need to know.

Results talk, the rest is just noise.

The debut ranking is clearly due to the "BAIT AND SWITCH" that took place with the first trailer. There is no "REVIEW BOMBING" taking place. If that is the standard was that taking place with She-Ra and the disparity between the Rotten Tomatoes reviews and fan commentary?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 12:44 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I'm sure alot expected the same 'ol "how do we stop Skeletor today" schtick but you can't always do the same crap forever [SPOILER - highlight to read]: even if some moments are absolute ****ing depressing. I like this mature direction they took with it. The side characters having their moment (though I felt Teela being too tryhard imo), the villains actually having a brain, and the meta parts where they reflect on the cheesy dialogue they said in the older cartoon is funny. Overall, I give a thumbs up.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 12:56 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Right-wing YouTube channels have been spreading disinformation about the series for weeks leading up to its debut, which encouraged trolls to review bomb the audience reviews.

The fact that it debuted in the Netflix Top 10 worldwide, its soundtrack is climbing the charts, and has received overwhelmingly positive reviews from critics and fans is all you need to know.

Results talk, the rest is just noise.

So all the negative reviews are a conspiracy?

Okayyyy... The capital riots were Antifa in disguise!

Why not? Food for the goose my friend.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 01:01 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by cdtm
So all the negative reviews are a conspiracy?

Okayyyy... The capital riots were Antifa in disguise!

Why not? Food for the goose my friend.

Read them. "kEvIn SmItH lIeD! iT's A bAiT aNd SwItCh! It'S tHe TeElA sHoW! i HaVe NeVeR wAtChEd Or CaReD aBoUt He-MaN bEfOrE nOw, BuT yOuTuBe ToLd Me To Be MaD!"

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 02:09 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I've watched all 5 episodes... kevin smith is a bastard and his he-man is atrociously and horribly really bad. no idea why he did what he did.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 03:22 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I really enjoyed the show. And the cliffhanger makes me want more just to see where it goes.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 03:52 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Read them. "kEvIn SmItH lIeD! iT's A bAiT aNd SwItCh! It'S tHe TeElA sHoW! i HaVe NeVeR wAtChEd Or CaReD aBoUt He-MaN bEfOrE nOw, BuT yOuTuBe ToLd Me To Be MaD!"

What parts are lies through?

Teela is most definitely the main character as of the first five episodes. She is the Raiden to Solid Snake.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 04:16 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I've watched all 5 episodes... kevin smith is a bastard and his he-man is atrociously and horribly really bad. no idea why he did what he did.

Prove it with specifics.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 07:21 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I ended up liking this but can see why others wouldn't. I can definitely see how this show would piss off some older fans, particularly with the ending twist, but I still enjoyed it enough. I liked them leaving room for character growth for the other Masters of the Universe (it's in the series' name). Like yeah, a lot of the focus went to Teela, whom I didn't have a problem with particularly and was always underdeveloped before, but others you could argue got as much development here if not more. Orko was the MVP if you ask me.

Maybe some just wanted this He-Man to be like the 80's and have every episode be a Skeletor scheme of the week and see how He-Man stops him, but it's 5 episodes; you do what you can with that and I liked the different direction. As aforementioned, you can't just always do the same shit forever. You don't have to approve of everything that was done in the show either, but for a fresh direction and continuation, the status quo had to be shaken up somehow.

For how grittier this was than you would normally expect from He-Man, I found there were still some lighthearted moments too. There was even a callback to some of the cringy puns that they used to make in the 80's which the show was self-aware of.

But yeah, I look forward to more whenever part 2 for this series comes.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 08:39 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I ended up liking this but can see why others wouldn't. I can definitely see how this show would piss off some older fans, particularly with the ending twist, but I still enjoyed it enough. I liked them leaving room for character growth for the other Masters of the Universe (it's in the series' name). Like yeah, a lot of the focus went to Teela, whom I didn't have a problem with particularly and was always underdeveloped before, but others you could argue got as much development here if not more. Orko was the MVP if you ask me.

Maybe some just wanted this He-Man to be like the 80's and have every episode be a Skeletor scheme of the week and see how He-Man stops him, but it's 5 episodes; you do what you can with that and I liked the different direction. As aforementioned, you can't just always do the same shit forever. You don't have to approve of everything that was done in the show either, but for a fresh direction and continuation, the status quo had to be shaken up somehow.

For how grittier this was than you would normally expect from He-Man, I found there were still some lighthearted moments too. There was even a callback to some of the cringy puns that they used to make in the 80's which the show was self-aware of.

But yeah, I look forward to more whenever part 2 for this series comes.

I like it too.

Teela getting development is probably the most original thing they're doing. He-Man dies, charactere die, Adam seemingly dies again, Skeletor has a scheme that actually works and gains him ultimate power, that is essentially being ripped off from the various comics over the years.

Which is good, the comics were awesome.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 12:57 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I don't really know why everyone's crying over this, seems like the 'New Coke' scam to me. They'll plaster Adam all over the 2nd half of the season I would think. If not, then yeah, Kevin Smith probably is a liar, but I doubt they won't include He-Man, especially after all this.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 02:09 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by samhain
I don't really know why everyone's crying over this, seems like the 'New Coke' scam to me. They'll plaster Adam all over the 2nd half of the season I would think. If not, then yeah, Kevin Smith probably is a liar, but I doubt they won't include He-Man, especially after all this.

We'll probably see more of him, but I'm pretty certain Teela as the "main character" is here to stay.

Not "The Hero". Just the character we follow.

That is NOT a bad thing, it's actually brilliant. Teela is the perfect character to tell the epic stories, without being tied down to epic characters.

Note she hasn't really saved the day herself. Orko got to be the hero, Man at Arms got to he the hero, He-Man got to be the hero. Teela is the one who watched them do it, and the one who filters it to us.

It's an interesting move.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2021 02:22 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 12:06 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

This was awful. It was clearly aimed at the woke and weak minded to appease their needs.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 07:37 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Insane Titan
This was awful. It was clearly aimed at the woke and weak minded to appease their needs.
confused What was woke about it?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 02:52 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Kento
confused What was woke about it?
if you’re not smart enough to understand that’s your issue. I’m not pandering to retards like you and explaining it.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 03:02 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Kento asked a perfectly reasonable question.

Easily answered too.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 03:29 PM
Insane Titan

Originally posted by cdtm
Kento asked a perfectly reasonable question.

Easily answered too.
shut up fukwit. You’re the last person to tell anyone anything on here you complete loser why you haven’t ended your shitty existence is a mystery. I’m not explaining shit to people who want to act as if they are a progressive hero due to the fear of pointing out the obvious.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 03:39 PM
Kento
The last Hokage

blink Like, Teela being a MC doesn't make something woke. Evil-Lyn makes the allusion of Teela having a thing for Adam or He-Man, so not having a lesbian female lead. Man At Arms, and He-Man are beasts not inept. Adam, despite his looks isn't some wimpy kid. What's so 'woke' about it? Grayskull being black? Or Teela's friend? Two minor characters that literally do nothing to go out of their way to make them amazing because of that? So again not woke in that regard.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 03:44 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Insane Titan
shut up fukwit. You’re the last person to tell anyone anything on here you complete loser why you haven’t ended your shitty existence is a mystery. I’m not explaining shit to people who want to act as if they are a progressive hero due to the fear of pointing out the obvious.

You were asked a simple question. Why would you react like that?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 03:44 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote