KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » He-Man and Masters of the Universe: Revelation (Netflix)

He-Man and Masters of the Universe: Revelation (Netflix)
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
You were asked a simple question. Why would you react like that?
because I can and fact it’s a the fake shit question. Everyone knows why the show has been pulled to bits and panned by the vast majority. It’s because of nonsense people like that trying to act all accepting to rubbish because of the fear a backlash of critiquing something but he acts like what’s the big deal. Do me a favour and don’t expect me to fall for that shit.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 03:53 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by Kento
blink Like, Teela being a MC doesn't make something woke. Evil-Lyn makes the allusion of Teela having a thing for Adam or He-Man, so not having a lesbian female lead. Man At Arms, and He-Man are beasts not inept. Adam, despite his looks isn't some wimpy kid. What's so 'woke' about it? Grayskull being black? Or Teela's friend? Two minor characters that literally do nothing to go out of their way to make them amazing because of that? So again not woke in that regard.
lie to yourself all you want. You’re pathetic.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 03:54 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Insane Titan
because I can and fact it’s a the fake shit question. Everyone knows why the show has been pulled to bits and panned by the vast majority. It’s because of nonsense people like that trying to act all accepting to rubbish because of the fear a backlash of critiquing something but he acts like what’s the big deal. Do me a favour and don’t expect me to fall for that shit.

Basic civility is expected of you if you're gonna post on the board. It's not hard.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 04:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by -Pr-
Basic civility is expected of you if you're gonna post on the board. It's not hard.
yeah whatever. I have to put up with their bullshit posts so they can put up with me. Other that there is 3 option. ignore
My posts, don’t respond to them if you don’t like them or a ban. You/they choose whatever you/they want and makes you feel important.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 04:19 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Insane Titan
yeah whatever. I have to put up with their bullshit posts so they can put up with me. Other that there is 3 option. ignore
My posts, don’t respond to them if you don’t like them or a ban. You/they choose whatever you/they want and makes you feel important.

You were asked a civil question, and chose to be a **** about it.

You were asked why you responded the way you did, and you chose to be a **** about it.

You've had more than enough chances to behave yourself, but somehow that evades you. So it sounds like you need a break.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 04:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

And that goes for anyone else too. There's a fair bit of controversy around the show, and people are allowed what to think what they want. All I ask is that you be civil while you put forth your opinions.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 06:40 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I didn't get too much of a cringy, woke vibe from this show at all, I seem to remember King Randor being a bit of a fool in the original series and none of the other men are really yeeted to any extent. Seen some reviews which talk about the 'longing stares' between the two female leads, which I didn't really pick up on, think those people are just assuming she's gay from her hairstyle TBH. She may turn out to be gay/bi whatever but people are acting like she's running around aggressively sleazing on every recently divorced/widowed woman she comes across, that's just not true. She does come across as a bit of an entitled d1ck from time to time though.

Overall I'd give this a 7/10. I'll admit it would have gotten more if it included more He-Man but the animation is spot on, the cast is stellar, the story is good and the easter eggs are good too.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 07:43 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

After taking time to absorb it, I honestly think the show has some serious issues.

That said, none of them are because I think she's some kind of lesbian or anything like that.

Plus, it's a MOTU show. It's not like we're supposed to expect elite-tier storytelling from the thing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 07:50 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Kento
Grayskull being black?

Have to say Grayskull was a major disappointment. Expected him to be The Man. Was looking forward to seeing him. Not sure how hes been depicted in comics, but he was a literal Legend in the 2002 series.

His colour wasnt an issue though. In fact Prince Adam should turn black as he becomes He-Man. Would make his disguise even better.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 07:53 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Have to say Grayskull was a major disappointment. Expected him to be The Man. Was looking forward to seeing him. Not sure how hes been depicted in comics, but he was a literal Legend in the 2002 series.

His colour wasnt an issue though. In fact Prince Adam should turn black as he becomes He-Man. Would make his disguise even better.

Make him look like T'challa and voice him by Anthothy Hopkins.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2021 08:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

2 episodes and I'm Done.

(1 episode too many) (Should've dropped it at 1)

First Of All:

I never watched He Man and The Masters Of The Universe and I never watched She-Ra The Princess Of Power until the 2010s.

What actually made me give it a chance (He Man 1983) was Mike Young Productions He-Man and The Masters Of The Universe 2002 Animated Television Series produced by the mom and dad and husband and wife tag-team of Liz Young and Mike Young which I saw when it was on air and I happened to catch an episode.

Liz and Mike and every one who worked with them, they did so well. They actually got one of the series writers for He-Man 1983 who wrote episodes and storylines for He-Man and She-Ra to come back out of retirement and write new episodes for the characters that he created and work with them on connected story-lines.

If you ever do decide to watch it. You really should watch every episode in order and also with headphones / or earphones for an immersive experience.

The series was nominated for an Emmy.

And the producers and the writers and the story editors, the sound engineers, the voice actors, the animators who worked on all of the diverse character designs and movements of all of the different races and living creatures on Eternia really captured the essence of... (the beating heart and soul) of He-Man and The Masters of The Universe.

He Man 2002 omg. I knew I wanted to watch it properly so a few years after it aired and the comp series box sets were out I was excited to get one. And it was so good.

It's got great rewatch value. I was actually thinking of rewatching it again when I saw oh... theres another He Man Masters Of The Union I mean Universe show out.

Promoted as a show that will be kinda like but not like a 'where are they now sort of thing checking in on some of the beloved characters of the old series (I was totally expecting to see Attack Track and Granamere (spelling?) etc get some 2021 screentime.

From that last sentence above you can probably tell I liked the 2002 He Man Reboot so much I got all the box sets of the original 80s show and liked it as well.

My decision to watch the old show was also partly motivated by it's status as a Comfort Cartoon.

Especially when I was working late in the early to mid 2010s getting home at 1am or 2am fixing up some thing to eat catching an episode of The Wire or Battlestar Galactica (The Very Dark and Gritty Reboot) It was essential to always have a positive, wholesome, show, a comfort cartoon. She-Ra when I finished the old He-Man was also a fun chill watch. The orko like scrappy was a pain but eh. Hordak and Co were meme worthy villains.

So I think I've made it pretty clear that nostalgia means absolutely nothing to me. I don't have it.

Going into Kevin Smith's Edgelord B.S. I was like 5 eps eh. Is that enough?

That can't surely be enough to do what they said they were going to be doing catching up with many of the og characters...

The 2002 Reboot with its healthy 39 episode length was able to do a fine job of giving many OG characters their moments of awesome.

A lot of people try to force Woke stuff in their works of fiction.

If you just write damn good stuff you'll have strong female characters, good diversity, etc.

Kevin Smith actually made the sorceress a damsel in distress in the first episode and not very observant. He also wrote himself a plot hole by animating The Sorceress's psychic rapport with He-Man and having The Sorceress not be aware a tin can disguised as He Man was not psyhically linked to her ... did he even watch He Man 1983.

As for Teela's flakeout... so she just decides to be a thief and a criminal now.

Like none of those scenes in the 1983 show this is supposed to be a reboot of where Teela suspected Prince Adam was He-Man and tried to prove it never happened.

This clown never watched the old series.
He did see some episodes when they were on tv and as he says there was nothing else on so he kinda hate-watched them ...

As for Teela's squeeze. Don't remember seeing her in the 80s series. Master Screen Time Blocking Plot Device. Besides being a trope what does she add to the franchise.

Don't even think of saying black representation.

Where Zodak At.

Does Kevin Smith even know Zodak Exists. And had a toy.

Presumably Mattel want to sell some strong black lady action figures... They'd be better sticking with Zodak action figures. He's got a powerful place in the plot as one of the Guardians of the Universe or is he the actual Guardian of the universe (not exactly sure) but in a Universe Ending Critical Event and no one out of The Sorceror or Evil-Lyn even has an internal monologue thinking of idk collaborating their efforts with Zodak... did this guy even watch the 1983 series he's rebooting?

Sure maybe Zodak comes in later or idk plot twist the tech girl is Zodak's daughter (Doubt it) .. I've dropped it so I'll never know.

Also as this is billed as a continuation of the old series seriously.... If Magic is dying some one should have said some thing about Granamere dying or something.

Surely his passing would not go unremarked on Eternia. Maybe it does late bur I doubt it.

Back to Angry-Roid-Chan geez way to dumb down a character Kevin.

Last edited by Badabing on Aug 10th, 2021 at 02:42 PM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2021 08:17 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shiv
Spirit of Tengu

Also Beast Man doesn't even get 1 line of dialogue in the first episode. Wow.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2021 08:25 PM
shiv is currently offline Click here to Send shiv a Private Message Find more posts by shiv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I found this to just okay, a 6.5 out of 10. But the butthurt it has caused in sensitives is truly great.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 29th, 2021 10:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Robtard
I found this to just okay, a 6.5 out of 10. But the butthurt it has caused in sensitives is truly great.

Were you a fan as a kid?

Without the nostalgia I guess I can see rating it lower. Personally, I'm loving just about every moment of it. Triclops and Trapjaw as part of a fundamentalist cult alone is genius. Man at Arms is a total badase normal, as he should be, Orko is the underdog you love to root for, Evil Lynn is the Harley Quinn tweener, and Mer-Man... is voiced by Batman.

It may not be high art, but what it is is good fun. Beats Voltron Legendary Defender by a mile, that's for sure.

Dragons Dogma and Castlevania do beat it in every way possible though.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2021 10:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Loved MOTU as a kid.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 29th, 2021 10:28 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Darth Thor
https://www.cbr.com/masters-of-the-...-lyn-story/amp/

Part 2 focuses heavily on Evil-Lyn.

That sounds way better. Teelas just not that interesting to me.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2021 05:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

This reboot of He-Man is very woke and it ruined so many things in Masters of the Universe.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2021 11:10 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's not a reboot but a continuation of the original. wink Reboot would be the 2002 cartoon. Will say though I liked some of the designs better there.

And that's good to hear about Evil-Lyn. She's generally more interesting than Teela.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 01:03 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Answer me this, guys: If Man At Arms or Orko were the leading main character instead of Teela but still not show a lot of He-Man, is it still woke?!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 01:57 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It's not a reboot but a continuation of the original. wink Reboot would be the 2002 cartoon. Will say though I liked some of the designs better there.

And that's good to hear about Evil-Lyn. She's generally more interesting than Teela.

Ok so its not a reboot, The SJW's are trying to force diversity on this He-Man continuation.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 01:55 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote