KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber.
Started by: Klaw

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dimdimman isn’t banned. And he’s a moderately right wing Mormon from Oklahoma.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:09 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak
I would like to point out as well that the threshold for getting banned on this site went up significantly after it became a dead forum walking.

I know some of the things people post today would have gotten them almost instantly banned at the height of KMC.

Please stay on topic. This has nothing to do with whether or not kmc is predominantly "leftist". any further attempt at derailment, and I will start handing out official warnings.

^^that would have been the mod reply. oh wait, this obvious whiney bait thread would have been instantly locked and/or deleted, so I guess things weren't all that bad when the old mods held sway

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:24 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Please stay on topic. This has nothing to do with whether or not kmc is predominantly "leftist". any further attempt at derailment, and I will start handing out official warnings.

^^that would have been the mod reply. oh wait, this obvious whiney bait thread would have been instantly locked and/or deleted, so I guess things weren't all that bad when the old mods held sway
laughing laughing laughing

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:25 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not that kmc is an leftist echo chamber it's that totalitarian control is once again on the rise, in my opinion leading to a similar crescendo seen in the 20th century, and people are scared or benefitting from the increased statism.

No poor person, who was just handed a free 1400 dollars is going to want to engage with me about inflationary monetary policy.

Then there's the inertia of public school brainwashing being picked up in adulthood by the state sponsored media/legacy media i.e. msbnc, CNN, fox, whatever.

I'm sure all the people who are leftist here benefit enormously fr the state, from Blake being a total non producer-consumer to whirly benefitting from trade unions using the state to keep whatever faction he's in happy.

My point isn't that they're bad for that, just not special compared to the majority of people outside of kmc.

The gop has had a leftwards slant to reflect that leftification of society.

I don't mind the lefty policies ratcheting us towards fascism tho, the thing that stopped the malfeasance of the USSR wasn't leadership change or reform, it was near total collapse.

This is a sort of right winged accelerationism that can be imagined as a walk home from school.
Imagine there's a shortcut that cuts walking time in half, but on the way through the short cut a huge scary dog is there and he growls at you.
You can either live in fear and walk the long or walk the short way and be equally uncomfortable.
Or you can tease the dog until it barks so much that the neighbor of the dog owner calls the cops.

The neighbor who resorts to the cops/the state is the leftist, the dog is the twitter mob, and the dog owner is leftist thought in it's totality.

I'm the right wing guy who will have a short and quiet walk home.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:28 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by ilikecomics
It's not that kmc is an leftist echo chamber it's that totalitarian control is once again on the rise, in my opinion leading to a similar crescendo seen in the 20th century, and people are scared or benefitting from the increased statism.

No poor person, who was just handed a free 1400 dollars is going to want to engage with me about inflationary monetary policy.

Then there's the inertia of public school brainwashing being picked up in adulthood by the state sponsored media/legacy media i.e. msbnc, CNN, fox, whatever.

I'm sure all the people who are leftist here benefit enormously fr the state, from Blake being a total non producer-consumer to whirly benefitting from trade unions using the state to keep whatever faction he's in happy.

My point isn't that they're bad for that, just not special compared to the majority of people outside of kmc.

I don't mind the lefty policies ratcheting us towards fascism tho, the thing that stopped the malfeasance of the USSR wasn't leadership change or reform, it was near total collapse.

This is a sort of right winged accelerationism that can be imagined as a walk home from school.
Imagine there's a shortcut that cuts walking time in half, but on the way through the short cut a huge scary dog is there and he growls at you.
You can either live in fear and walk the long or walk the short way and be equally uncomfortable.
Or you can tease the dog until it barks so much that the neighbor of the dog owner calls the cops.

The neighbor who resorts to the cops/the state is the leftist, the dog is the twitter mob, and the dog owner is leftist thought in it's totality.

laughing laughing laughing

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:31 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by Blakemore
Dimdimman isn’t banned. And he’s a moderately right wing Mormon from Oklahoma.

I've spoken with DDM multiple times, he's a Leftist.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:32 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:32 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Klaw
I've spoken with DDM multiple times, he's a Leftist.

Yeah he quit talking to me because I didn't love his support of status quo nationalized healthcare and he snapped because his graphs were so beautiful.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:34 PM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

I was trying so hard to be star wars kid or whatever. I love spurious analogies

Edit: do you agree with my larger point that kmc isn't an echo chamber, society is just becoming more left ?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:35 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

People here are so far Left, that anyone to the right of them (Center Left) is automatically labeled a Right Winger.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:37 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Klaw
People here are so far Left, that anyone to the right of them (Center Left) is automatically labeled a Right Winger.

My problem would be no one has ever told me what they think the delineation between right and left is

To me, in an ELI5 style, left equals liking governmental intervention in the economy and the right doesn't. The farther you go either way the more true this is.

I've been ridiculed for that view so who really knows ?!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:40 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

Yes.

This site loves big Government.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:41 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

People only listen to bans, so what's the point?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 07:44 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

My problem would be no one has ever told me what they think the delineation between right and left is

To me, in an ELI5 style, left equals liking governmental intervention in the economy and the right doesn't. The farther you go either way the more true this is.

I've been ridiculed for that view so who really knows ?!
I think a delineation using only the economy is a way for conservatives to feel better about being conservative.

That way they can ignore all the silly social parts they don't like. Or they can pretend they just care about the economy more because it matters more. This is where a lot of libertarians start to come in.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:02 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by -Pr-
People only listen to bans, so what's the point?

do they really, though?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:04 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It’s ridiculous how people think this is a left wing echo chamber. Robtard and bash and well, practically everyone has told me they believe in a free market society and I believe them.

It’s not like people are posting Che Guevara memes or Maoist philosophy.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:10 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

do they really, though?

More than warnings, at least. Though not by much.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
I think a delineation using only the economy is a way for conservatives to feel better about being conservative.

That way they can ignore all the silly social parts they don't like. Or they can pretend they just care about the economy more because it matters more. This is where a lot of libertarians start to come in.

Yeah, I've seen people say that but they didnt provide an argument.

This is my version of what you said:

Leftists think the political spectrum should include things outside the economy, so they can pretend the economy doesn't matter.

Also in response to your claim, that's why we use the political axis, which has a x and y plane. Left to right deals with economics, up and down deals with the other stuff.

Do you have a critic of that metric as well ?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:19 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
More than warnings, at least. Though not by much.

I'm very politically right wing and I don't think you or any of the other mods have ever warned me about anything.

The only thing that bothers me is lazy replies, but I get why people do that.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:22 PM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

@blake

If you say you believe in the free market then you can't say you support government intervention into the economy, this includes taxation, regulation, protectionism, war, etc.

However, you could say you believe in a fairly free economy, but that statement could apply to modern china, soooooo....

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:25 PM