KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber.
Started by: Klaw

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ilikecomics
I'm very politically right wing and I don't think you or any of the other mods have ever warned me about anything.

The only thing that bothers me is lazy replies, but I get why people do that.
Why do they do that?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:25 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

@blake

If you say you believe in the free market then you can't say you support government intervention into the economy, this includes taxation,

what is the point in even addressing your false dilemma. it's not like you'll be like "wow holy crap i see it! is this what everyone calls 'nuance'? well i'll be damned!"

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:30 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Eon

I prefer the left to the right.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:31 PM
Blue Eon is currently offline Find more posts by Blue Eon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yeah, I've seen people say that but they didnt provide an argument.

This is my version of what you said:

Leftists think the political spectrum should include things outside the economy, so they can pretend the economy doesn't matter.

Also in response to your claim, that's why we use the political axis, which has a x and y plane. Left to right deals with economics, up and down deals with the other stuff.

Do you have a critic of that metric as well ?
I would say you should refer to my previous post about why conservatives try to make the economy so much more important than every other topic put together.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:41 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

@blake

If you say you believe in the free market then you can't say you support government intervention into the economy, this includes taxation, regulation, protectionism, war, etc.

However, you could say you believe in a fairly free economy, but that statement could apply to modern china, soooooo....
Actually you can. It turns out you can support a free market while acknowledging that there needs be more than just the free market.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:42 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

I'm the right wing guy who will have a short and quiet walk home.

By shooting the dog...

Amirite?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 08:46 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

@blake

If you say you believe in the free market then you can't say you support government intervention into the economy, this includes taxation, regulation, protectionism, war, etc.

However, you could say you believe in a fairly free economy, but that statement could apply to modern china, soooooo....
like bill Clinton once said, “there’s a third way”

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2021 09:02 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Why do they do that?

Well, when I'm being lazy conversationally it's usually because the argument being presented is one I've encountered before by a presenter who wasn't honest, engaging, informed etc.

Then I have to remember that's bad practice.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 12:06 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
what is the point in even addressing your false dilemma. it's not like you'll be like "wow holy crap i see it! is this what everyone calls 'nuance'? well i'll be damned!"

A free market is a market where people can trade free of aggression.
If you support any aggression, it's not agree market.

It's like love making vs rape.

If there's any non consenting coercion in love making it's called rape.

No false dilemma.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 12:12 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Newjak
Actually you can. It turns out you can support a free market while acknowledging that there needs be more than just the free market.

Yes, the addition you want on top of the free market is violence.
I'm saying that's immoral. I'm not saying you have to have my morality, but I would like you to tell the truth that adscititious component you want is in fact violence. Then we'll be on the same page

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 12:14 AM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
By shooting the dog...

Amirite?

Scorched earth, duh.

Seriously tho, I follow the n.a.p.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 12:15 AM
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

@ blake

Mussolini said the same thing. The third way is fascism

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 12:16 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Clinton is comparable to Il Duche…. That’s Italian for the leader.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 12:19 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

Every president since at least Wilson is comparable to any of communist or fascist leader.

To me Joe Biden and xi are very comparable.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 12:29 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
It is the way it is because the "right wing" people couldn't behave themselves. No matter how bad anyone tended to get, they were almost always worse. So they were banned.

It's their fault KMC is the way it is, for better or for worse.

Seems like they basically lost the plot after Trump lost.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 11:56 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Klaw
I've spoken with DDM multiple times, he's a Leftist.

He has certain left views, but would be a bit of a stretch to label him a leftist.

Originally posted by Klaw
People here are so far Left, that anyone to the right of them (Center Left) is automatically labeled a Right Winger.

Whats your definition of Left?

Most the people still hanging here voted Biden. Is that left to you ?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 12:01 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

anything left of fascism is "leftist" to eon

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 12:03 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Artol

Are there left wing opinions here since I last visited? When did that happen?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 12:36 PM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yes, the addition you want on top of the free market is violence.
I'm saying that's immoral. I'm not saying you have to have my morality, but I would like you to tell the truth that adscititious component you want is in fact violence. Then we'll be on the same page
The truth is you pretend it's only violence or that the free market itself doesn't have any violent aspects.

It's pretty childish to adopt your stance.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 02:27 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ffs, I’m confident most people here understand the merit of being paid for working and hate taxes yet, believe that things like crime prevention, postal service, healthcare and rescue service are a nice safety net to have.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2021 03:04 PM