KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Maneater

Maneater
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Maneater

Maneater is an action role-playing game developed and published by Tripwire Interactive. The game was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 22, 2020, as well as Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 in November 2020. It was released for the Nintendo Switch on May 25, 2021 in North America and Europe, and in Japan on May 27, 2021.

The game is an action role-playing game played from a third-person perspective. In the game, the player assumes control of a baby bull shark who must take revenge on a shark hunter named Scaly Pete, who killed its mother and disfigured it.

Playing as the shark, players can freely explore the open world of Port Clovis, which consists of eight regions: Caviar Keys, Crawfish Bay, Dead Horse Lake, Fawtick Bayou, Golden Shores, Prosperity Sands, Sapphire Bay, and the Gulf. Players can discover hidden landmarks and complete side objectives. While each region will have other predators that will attack and kill the shark, such as muskellunge, barracuda, alligators, sperm whale, orcas, and even other sharks.

The world is reactive. As the shark creates more havoc, human bounty hunters will be dispatched to hunt it down. The game is narrated by Trip Westhaven (voiced by Chris Parnell), the host of an in-game reality TV show titled Maneaters vs. Sharkhunters, who guides the player throughout the game.

It's just... really fun, that's about the best way I can describe it. Really enjoying it so far. Repetitive, but fun. The combat has more depth then I expected, at least slightly later in the game.

Open World isn't absolutely massive, but altogether it's pretty sizable and enjoyable. Camera has some problems though, despite only being 2 levels lower then the stupid Alligator I keep getting my ass kicked.

Why am I making this thread NOW? Because it just came out on Switch.

Anyway, thoughts on this game? Anyone else playing it?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 04:23 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This was just released on Xbox Game Pass....

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 12:43 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
This was just released on Xbox Game Pass....
Not to be rude, but what's your point?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 02:47 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why do I need a point? Just mentioning its now on Game Pass.

Sorry that I offended you.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 05:44 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

No no, it's just you used a lot of dots, so I figured something was up, my bad.

Have you tried the game yet? What do ya think of it?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 06:53 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No. Nothing is up.

Haven't tried it yet. Got other games on the go.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2021 07:11 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I finished this game a while back on the PS4 even platinumed it. Waiting on the DLC for it to be released.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 02:19 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Saw this on Game Pass before, looks like it would be fun to explore this world, DL'ing RE7 right now but when I'm done with that game I'll probably give this a go.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 12:31 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Jman is Diamond on the spectrum.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2021 02:10 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Jman is Diamond on the spectrum.
So you wouldn't like an open-mouth kiss?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 12:46 AM
Jmanghan

Just wanna bring up the announcer dude starts out very annoying but he has said things that were hilarious. "If a T-Rex is your favorite dinosaur, then you're boring and unoriginal and you need to pick a new favorite dinosaur."

Loved that.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 02:02 AM
Jmanghan

100% completed, awesome game. Repetitive, yes, but it's very addictive and fun, and I enjoyed the satire they went for as well.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 06:09 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
100% completed, awesome game.

Until the DLC is released wink

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 06:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
Until the DLC is released wink
Yup, saw the trailer during my playthrough, can't wait.

I'd like to see some mythological sea creatures in like some Lochness Monster variant, maybe some colossal squids as far as RL sea creatures go... They already have the sperm whale in there, which is the biggest enemy of the colossal squid.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 06:17 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Just wanna bring up the announcer dude starts out very annoying but he has said things that were hilarious. "If a T-Rex is your favorite dinosaur, then you're boring and unoriginal and you need to pick a new favorite dinosaur."

Loved that.

Reminds me of when I was a kid; we used to get cartons of milk in school with drawings of dinosaurs on them, everyone wanted a carton with a Diplodocus on it, to the point where kids were literally screaming; 'I want a Diplodocus one!' myself included.

No real reason for it, it's like someone just decided one day that that would be the cool dinosaur and we all just went along with it.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 7th, 2021 01:41 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The DLC for this is out now, Not sure how about the length the DLC is

but i'm not paying $22.95 for it.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2021 03:29 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
The DLC for this is out now, Not sure how about the length the DLC is

but i'm not paying $22.95 for it.
I'm hearing it's supposed to be near the length of the original game, which was not the longest?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2021 03:46 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm hearing it's supposed to be near the length of the original game, which was not the longest?

That's pretty good if it is.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2021 06:59 AM