KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metroid Dread

Metroid Dread
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Me too. Imagine if it introduces time travel?

It looks like a race to escape the federation though.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2021 09:52 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blakemore
Me too. Imagine if it introduces time travel?

It looks like a race to escape the federation though.

I seriously hope not, stupid ideas like time travel and alternate realities is ALWAYS a sign a series has jumped the shark and is out of ideas. I should know, I'm a transformers fan and Simon Furman thought it was a good idea having his swan song of the original Marvel series in Regeneration One to use an alternate universe Matrix of Leadership to vault Hot Rod into Rodimus Prime. Which is just STUPID!

It's like having a major Marvel event depend on a What If.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 12:35 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by StyleTime
I was thinking about posting this.

Glad we finally get to continue the story after Fusion. We've gotten the remakes out of the way, and they were great, along with the Prime sub-series and Other M, but now it's time to see what Samus is up to currently. thumb up

Prime is the successor, it became so much more than the classic side scrollers.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 12:36 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Metroid isn't exactly know for it's super engrossing story. Nothing wrong with time travel as long as they use it as an interesting mechanic in-game.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 12:38 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zelda survived time travel…

Old Post Sep 7th, 2021 01:48 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Blakemore
Zelda survived time travel…

Zelda never had a unified history like Metroid, each game was like another "What If" with a new Link and Ganon.

Even if it pretends to a history, every Zelda and Link and world is radically different.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 02:53 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Don't tell that to the Zelda lore crowd......

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 05:06 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, but I still like the mutation idea crossed over from fusion.

And no Ridley or mother brain or queen, please. That’s what made Metroid stand out.

A space battle, I like too.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2021 03:28 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

We got Kraid back, so why not other boss fanservice? That seems to be the direction this game is going anyway; a mix of old and new, which is always preferable to "in with the new, out with the old".

Old Post Sep 16th, 2021 08:11 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
We got Kraid back, so why not other boss fanservice? That seems to be the direction this game is going anyway; a mix of old and new, which is always preferable to "in with the new, out with the old".
okay, okay, just as long as there’s some new.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2021 08:30 AM
StyleTime

I've got the game pre-downloaded.

Pretty pumped.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2021 10:12 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It’s been released. **** I need a switch.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 06:10 AM
StyleTime

I actually bought my Switch on a whim during the pandemic. I was in the store and happened to see they had like 4 in stock, so I grabbed it. I'd been thinking about ordering one online, but COVID jacked the prices up. I wasn't expecting to spend 300$ that day, but I figured I'd better take advantage of the situation since they were selling out super fast. I didn't want to give some jackass on Amazon 500-600$ for one either.

I'm not sure what the situation is now. I hear they're still somewhat harder to find, although easier than before.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 02:50 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Beat the game earlier. It's a lot of fun. A huge improvement over Samus Returns.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 07:37 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I did like Returns' aeion abilities better though like the beam burst, though makes sense for the ones in Dread to be based completely on stealth.

Got to the final boss earlier, though just taking my team with the collectibles first. It's quite a ride, definitely one of the best games in the series overall. I wouldn't call it #1 like others are, but within my top 5 for sure, and certainly my game of the year.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 11:39 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Flash shift is way better and more fun than any of the abilities in Return IMO. Plus the way Aeion recharges in Dread ensures you can use it very liberally.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 08:33 PM
Jmanghan

I wanna ask ya'll if you think the game is worth full price or if I should wait for a price drop.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 09:39 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Price drop? For a Nintendo Game? You're going to be waiting a long time.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 10:29 PM
StyleTime

I'm still playing through it, but I am having a blast. Just got to Ghavoran after the exposition drop.

And I love Samus speaking Chozo.

Nice little lore reference, as Samus should absolutely be fluent in that language.

Or at least a dialect of it. It sometimes seems like there may be multiple Chozo languages.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 10th, 2021 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 11:31 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I wanna ask ya'll if you think the game is worth full price or if I should wait for a price drop.

Depends. Do you like Metroid games? If yes, then you'll likely enjoy this one. It's really well done.

Although, yeah, I don't recommend waiting on a price drop if you want to get it. 1st party Nintendo games are often full price for the entire duration of their console generation(or longer). Sometimes they go on sale for 10$ off I guess, but you might be waiting for ages.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 11th, 2021 at 06:04 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2021 05:53 AM