KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Metroid Dread

Metroid Dread
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

There’s Black Friday.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 03:54 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Pirate your switch, Jman.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 05:27 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Metroid is the one Nintendo series that needs all the sales it can get. Dont pirate plz if it can be helped.

Dread seems to be doing well so far thankfully despite the few vocal piraters.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 09:10 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blakemore
My idea is she turns into a Metroid putting an amazing twist on the saga.

I just beat the game, and this comment became 100% more amazing.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 12th, 2021 at 08:29 PM

Old Post Oct 12th, 2021 08:24 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

There's been a few complaints about the difficulty of the game.

I enjoyed it personally, although I'm definitely not replaying on Hard anything. Giving the the Chozo Soldiers more damage and health sounds unfun.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 14th, 2021 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 07:11 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I have Assassin's Creed IV for it already.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 10:25 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by StyleTime
There's been a few complaints about the difficulty of the game.

I enjoyed it personally, although I'm definitely not replaying on Hard anything. Giving the the Chozo Soldiers more damage and health sounds unfun.

Guessing most of the complaints comes from the EMMI. Honestly speaking, I found them more annoying than I did scary or dreadful. Not to say they were badly designed; every death by them was my fault, but once I learned the areas enough to cloak effectively or outrun them, could just power on through. Even when you get the Omega Cannon they're still annoying though, because you gotta make sure you're at a specific spot where you have enough time and range to melt off their face armor. Just being unable to move while aiming gives flashbacks of how Other M handled missiles... That said, all the checkpoints from where you die in this game are more than forgivable enough.

I just finished hard mode earlier. The main difference I found was just having to respect the boss's attacks more and being less greedy far as standing there shooting missiles (the mini bosses like the Chozo soldiers were about the same for me far as difficulty). You still find plenty times to do so in between avoiding them though. Upon a replay, was also surprised at how much better I was at parrying their attacks, some bosses of which I did not get to do with during my first playthrough. Whether it's hard mode or just speedrunning on normal, I think you'll find the game gets better upon a replay, since you know it more by then and will shave off at least least a few hours compared to your initial playthrough.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2021 11:36 PM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, I think some people are more used to being a ball of stats, where you can smash enemies simply by reaching that late game power spike. It's fine to prefer that style, and I even enjoy it in certain games too but...

Metroid Dread isn't quite like that. Gathering more energy tanks will certainly help, and I did that for the final boss since I kept getting dunked on, but you will still have to fight in a defensively sound manner. It allows you a couple more mistakes, but you can't just roll over enemies.

Last edited by StyleTime on Oct 16th, 2021 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 07:43 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder if they'll release a bundle.

Metroid: Zero Mission
Metroid: Return of Samus
Super Metroid
Metroid: Fusion
Metroid: Dread

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 11:46 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes

Isn't pirating a game console called shop lifting? smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 11:54 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote