KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl

Smash Bro's but with Nickelodeon character's

hope it ends up being good, I'll be in it for Powered Toast Man.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 05:00 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Nostalgia overload. I expect the game will probably be sub par, tho.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 07:05 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

They haven't been announced yet but the silhouettes on the game's cover reveal Korra, CatDog, Ren & Stimpy, and probably Aang. Here's a link showing it:
https://twitter.com/_Mimikyu/status/1414976201291145218

This roster is wild. Hope to see Jenny from Life As a Teenage Robot in this.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Nostalgia overload. I expect the game will probably be sub par, tho.

Maybe but it is being co-devloped by the indie team that did Slap City if you ever heard of that. It's another Smash clone but a popular one so this game has people with experience at least.

Btw, Nick AllStars also has wavedashing and rollback netcode.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 10:49 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Technically, Smash still has wave dashing with Ultimate but as a more niche balanced mechanic that's more useful for some characters than others. Oh, and Kazuya.

Rollback is a good boast for any game though; something most current fighters still lack, and it took a pandemic for devs to begin to realize how important good netcode is.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2021 11:52 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, I really hope this game doesn't suck. They are going with rollback netcode already, which is a good sign. thumb up Would be cool to have a big fighter based off some western childhood cartoon favorites.

I would love a Cartoon Network vs Nickelodeon down the road actually.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jul 15th, 2021 at 12:32 AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2021 12:30 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

WB owns Cartoon Network, so good luck with that.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2021 12:33 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Nemesis X

Maybe but it is being co-devloped by the indie team that did Slap City if you ever heard of that. It's another Smash clone but a popular one so this game has people with experience at least.

Btw, Nick AllStars also has wavedashing and rollback netcode.

I hope it’s good, I was a huge fan of the old Nickelodeon cartoons as a kid. I just never expect much from licensed games, like this.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2021 04:24 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I hope it’s good, I was a huge fan of the old Nickelodeon cartoons as a kid. I just never expect much from licensed games, like this.

It definitely looks better than Cartoon Network's Punch Time Explosion, a fine example of quantity over quality.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2021 08:16 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If this game does end up being actually good, I'll be in it for the Ren & Stimpy related stuff.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2021 05:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
WB owns Cartoon Network, so good luck with that.

True.

I think that's the biggest mind **** though. I'm obviously no business expert, but it feels like crossovers like that would make a ton of money for all parties involved.

It's similar to how I feel about a Marvel vs DC fighting game: How has this not been made yet?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2021 09:59 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Man, if only Doug was still owned by Nickelodeon/Paramount.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 12:55 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 26th, 2021 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Aug 26th, 2021 11:23 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Apparently the character's aren't going to have voices in the game from what i hear.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 12:44 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Neither did the characters have voices in the Kart Racing version. Nickelodeon I think doesn't see it as worth the time & resource if they feel these games they let happen don't become major hits anyway but might be surprised how much All-Stars will exceed their expectations. Many unironically do want to try it out.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Aug 27th, 2021 at 10:06 PM

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 10:04 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hard to say just how successful this will be, but wouldn't be surprised if the Smash tastemakers just hype it through release and then drop it like a hot potato the second it doesn't have the epic meme combos they pictured or sufficient hitstun. No voiceovers does hurt the game to a point too.

And I know it was cross promoting with April also being in the TMNT game, but seeing her here before Shredder feels like the equivalent of getting Lois Lane before Lex Luthor or someone in a fighting game.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2021 10:23 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Smash Bro's but with Nickelodeon character's

hope it ends up being good, I'll be in it for Powered Toast Man.

Sony tried this and it didn't turn out too well.

Smash is kind of a niche thing for the super fanboy nerds who know the game inside and out, that's why Brawl never took off as every fan was into Melee. And the Steam clones aren't are more pure casual bait..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 12:14 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

lmao

Literally the exact opposite of what you said. Smash Bros is not niche at all and appeals to tons of casual fans. Furthermore, Brawl sold nearly twice as much as Melee. Brawl sold over 13 million while Melee was just over 7 mill. FYI Ultimate sold over 22 million.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 01:41 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

There are so many things wrong with PlayStation All-Stars that using it here I wouldn't. This Smash clone actually uses stage knockouts while Sony's Smash is a one trick fill the meter, miss, fill the meter. time up, overtime. fill the meter, miss, time up, overtime (X2), fill the meter, etc..

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 01:49 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Neither did the characters have voices in the Kart Racing version. Nickelodeon I think doesn't see it as worth the time & resource if they feel these games they let happen don't become major hits anyway but might be surprised how much All-Stars will exceed their expectations. Many unironically do want to try it out.

If it's that much trouble then do it as DLC later on, When they do have the time.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 02:24 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Kazenji
If it's that much trouble then do it as DLC later on, When they do have the time.

Again, they'd still see it not being worth it. Only after if the game succeeds might they consider. I wondered why they couldn't just use recorded voice lines already used in their TV shows but they'd need permission from a lot of people I hear to do that.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 06:36 AM