KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space (2023)

Dead Space (2023)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Because remakes are big money. The series was essentially dead for many years but I assume they still want to do something with it at least one more time. To ensure a profitable game plus ignite the franchise again, they are doing a remake....if it does well...then I would assume we would see a new Dead Space game in the future.

Ubisoft is doing the same thing with Splinter Cell...though remaking the first game could be a pretty cool thing considering how old it is (and doesn't age that well)...

Old Post Oct 16th, 2022 01:22 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

But how far to repeat history though? After 2, will they remake Dead Space 3 or retcon the whole frozen planet setting altogether I wonder.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2022 02:17 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Been playing the original Dead Space, Still holds up.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2022 02:18 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if they remade Dead Space 2 a few years from now....definitely 3 (which could probably use a few more changes).

But I wouldn't be surprised they create a new game...who knows. EA Motive is making this remake, the same guys who did Star Wars Squadrons (which I had fun with)....according the wikipedia, there is an Iron Man game in the works...so maybe it wouldn't be the same...but it seems EA is trying to revive the series.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2022 03:45 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

This comes out in less than a week. Holy shit, I'm hyped.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 21st, 2023 04:46 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Why does Isaac look like Adam Sandler?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2023 01:58 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I am not seeing the Adam Sandler similarities.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2023 02:35 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Same...the new design looks nothing at all like Adam Sandler.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2023 03:38 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jan 22nd, 2023 at 06:47 AM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2023 06:42 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

By the by, not insulting Gunner Wright or anything. The transition from real life to in-game didn't 100% work out for him there and I won't use Isaac's face as a deal breaker when/if I do play the remake but to me, he just looks like Adam Sandler and it's hilarious. He gonna stasis field those Necromorphs with his Click remote and pulverize 'em with the club swinging strength of Happy Gilmore.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2023 10:58 AM
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
By the by, not insulting Gunner Wright or anything. The transition from real life to in-game didn't 100% work out for him there and I won't use Isaac's face as a deal breaker when/if I do play the remake but to me, he just looks like Adam Sandler and it's hilarious. He gonna stasis field those Necromorphs with his Click remote and pulverize 'em with the club swinging strength of Happy Gilmore.
He looks exactly like Gunner without a beard. I can kind of see the Adam Sandler thing too, but not as much as I see Isaacs own voice actor

https://i.imgur.com/K0D29wI.png
https://i.imgur.com/Rqpb7Gn.png
https://i.imgur.com/XBvsyLp.png

PWNT

Old Post Jan 24th, 2023 05:03 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

He looks like another actor, not Adam Sandler.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 26th, 2023 05:52 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Reviews seem to be positive...which generally makes sense considering it's one of the best games to be made (in my opinion of course).

And the remake seem to make smart changes but kept the original vibe intact. I cannot wait till play it.

Even if I am being a bit of hypocrite......

Old Post Jan 26th, 2023 05:59 PM
Arachnid1

From what I've heard, there is literally no cut content in this remake. They just added new stuff and made QOL changes. THAT is how you do a remake. Can't wait

PWNT

Old Post Jan 27th, 2023 04:37 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Like too how Isaac's engineering seems to come into more focus now that you can optionally reroute power in sections of Ishimura giving it more that replay value. Will you sacrifice oxygen to keep the lights on like a sissy or power through the dark without worrying about a time limit? Imagine if such choices could also affect NPCs.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2023 01:12 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I'm loving it so far. Just reached [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the first encounter with the Hunter. The way back is dark af in this lol.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 29th, 2023 04:01 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Bought this, will start it later.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2023 12:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Have you noticed that the game changes encounters? I don't remember that being in the original game...

I went into a hallway with a bathroom, it was clear...the bathroom had 2 necromorphs in them...died (was very low health).

Reloaded...the hallway is now foggy with 1 necromorph...and the bathroom had none.

Well done remake so far. Graphics are fantastic, the sound is unbelievable and there isn't a single bad part yet. I also like the changes to the guns as well.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2023 08:11 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Have you noticed that the game changes encounters? I don't remember that being in the original game...

I went into a hallway with a bathroom, it was clear...the bathroom had 2 necromorphs in them...died (was very low health).

Reloaded...the hallway is now foggy with 1 necromorph...and the bathroom had none.

Well done remake so far. Graphics are fantastic, the sound is unbelievable and there isn't a single bad part yet. I also like the changes to the guns as well.

Totally justifies remaking a game that didn't need remaking. laughing out loud

I'll stick with the original.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2023 10:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's next, remaking Elden Ring? Why not, since we're doing the equivalent of very small mods on perfectly serviceable games now.

Maybe we can remake GTA V, so it doesn't suck, that is one game I'd gladly accept a remake on.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2023 10:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote