KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space (2023)

Dead Space (2023)
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The graphics on this remake are definitely not a small mod.
That being said...its a 15 year old game that was released in the early part of the 360 era.

Remakes are a tricky thing...I think it's a case by case basis on what would be a good idea to remake.

As long as the originals can still be purchased, I don't necessarily have a problem with a game like Dead Space being remade.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2023 10:59 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Man, the atmospheric elements and lightening is top notch in this game.
Playing on Series X in graphics mode (30FPS but with ray tracing)...and its amazing looking game.

The sound design is incredible as well.....
And voicing Isaac makes the game better.....
And I enjoy the side missions stuff....I don't remember exactly how the story went in the original....but I do believe the GF is way more flushed out in the remake.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2023 02:26 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaden_3.0

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Totally justifies remaking a game that didn't need remaking. laughing out loud

I'll stick with the original.

Meanwhile 1 page previously

Remake was a good choice, remasters are notoriously difficult to get right.

Meanwhile on the same page as the previous quote.

I've got to play the original someday.

Imagine being so brain damaged you can't remember your own fake edge-lordery

Old Post Feb 8th, 2023 03:39 PM
Jaden_3.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Jaden_3.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Jaden_3.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Jaden_3.0
Meanwhile 1 page previously

Meanwhile on the same page as the previous quote.

Imagine being so brain damaged you can't remember your own fake edge-lordery

Out of context cherry picking does that. stick out tongue

You're comparing initial opinions based on limited information with a more informed opinion well after release. I've also since been playing through the original, and can compare it with the remake with fresh eyes.

So yes, I think this remake is overpriced at 70 dollars on console and isn't really even necessary like, say, Final Fantasy 7 was. It's an overpriced cash grab.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2023 03:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I disagree.

It's worth the price. It's been completely recreate from scratch, it's not a remaster at all. The graphics overhaul is incredible. The lightening system is amazing.

As long as they continue to resell the original...this remake is worth it...especially if somebody has never played the game before. Which I suspect is quite a lot of people nowadays.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2023 04:39 PM
Arachnid1

I've beaten it on hard and I'm working on the achievements now.

This is easily one of the best horror games this gen (actually, of all time). It even outdoes RE2make in a few areas. There is replay value (Phantom necromorphs and a new ending in new game plus, unlockable suits), but not much more than 2-3 runs. Replay value is further enhanced by the intensity director. Basically, the game has a system that makes each run through a section different. You could get exploding vents, different necromorph spawns, lights shutting off, monster sounds randomly, environmental stuff going off (sprinklers, showers, TVs, etc...). I watched a friend of mine play and he was getting railed by monsters in certain sections. It blew my mind when I ran through those same sections and got nothing but some sounds and flickering lights. The only negative to this is that it can make backtracking a bit of a pain, but that adds to the experience IMO. If you want that upgrade you have to go back for, you'll have to expend some resources.

My biggest plus is how interconnected the world is. It's like the RPD in RE2make, so you can now explore the Ishimura in its entirety and go back to the beginning whenever you want. There are plenty of reasons to explore and backtrack to previous areas too (unlockable doors via security access levels, side missions).

Every weapon is useful and has a badass secondary fire mode (changed from the original), and they are all fun af to use. I'm extremely partial to the ripper and plasma cutter though. Their upgrade tree's are also super expanded with multiple special upgrades you can discover by exploring the ship.

The boss fights and engineering puzzle sections are all improved on from the original, and there are a few new ones. The story has been expanded with a few new twists. Isaacs new voice acting is fantastic. There are a bunch of side quests that flesh out the story from the original and tie into the sequels. All of the characters from the original have more to say and do so they feel more three dimensional. There is no cut content from the original.

I could gush about this game all day. It is so good that it made the original obsolete. Only other horror game to do this is RE1make.

It's worth the price.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 8th, 2023 09:22 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The flamethrower got a massive boost. I never used it....but in this game, it's S tier.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2023 09:40 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2023 03:43 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

No real DLC or expansions? Ok, I'll give credit for that, the original had a ton of paid DLC suits and weapon mods.

Sounds like PC gets exclusive skins though.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2023 01:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote