KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » What if...? (Disney+)

What if...? (Disney+)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

Not sure I buy that. The difference between skinny Steve and athletic Carter should be far less than the difference between SS Steve and SS Carter.

We're talking a difference of maybe a few hundred lbs vs several dozen TONS of lifting power.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 01:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Well how many small Steve's could Agent Carter take in a fight?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 01:43 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Not sure I buy that. The difference between skinny Steve and athletic Carter should be far less than the difference between SS Steve and SS Carter.

We're talking a difference of maybe a few hundred lbs vs several dozen TONS of lifting power.

Depends on whether the enhancement is proportional relative to their base stats. I don't think a lot of people realise just how sickly Steve was before getting the SSS.

(please log in to view the image)

That's from CA:TFA.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 02:25 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Lol its surprising he could operate Howard Starks IM armour.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 03:30 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Depends on whether the enhancement is proportional relative to their base stats. I don't think a lot of people realise just how sickly Steve was before getting the SSS.

(please log in to view the image)

That's from CA:TFA.

Wow, if he's that bad he should drop dead just trying to operate that power armor. eek!

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 03:52 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Wow, if he's that bad he should drop dead just trying to operate that power armor. eek!

I'm convinced pre-serum Steve ran on pure willpower.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 04:10 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

After checking out episode two I'm inclined to think power levels are just wack on this show relative to the live-action stuff.[SPOILER - highlight to read]: A herbless T'Challa, who is Star-Lord in this, can tank super strong hits from Korath and the Collector and keep up with them in H2H, and Thanos got KO'd by Proxima using her staff's energy attack and was later getting beat up by Cull and Proxima 2-on-1 (though he was beating them when he was fighting each solo).

It is interesting though what big of a difference having T'Challa instead of Quill becoming Star-Lord made. The Ravagers became galaxy-wide heroes and even managed to turn Thanos into a relative good guy. But on the flip side, as shown at the end, it means there was no one to stop Ego coming for Peter in order to fulfill his plan from GotG2 of taking over the universe. So, we will have to see whether they address how that plays out at some point.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 05:55 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Your condition is worse and you still live...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 06:21 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Female Character = mention SJW. Is it needed?

It is not.

I really enjoyed the episode, it was well done start to finish. Also cartoon Carter is as sexy as real life Carter smile

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 18th, 2021 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Aug 18th, 2021 07:45 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

2d episode was all ight. felt it could bee better

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 03:23 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
2d episode was all ight. felt it could bee better

My main gripe with it was the whole [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thanos just needed to have a talk with T'Challa to become a good guy thing. I feel it detracts from the films, where there was so much build up, so much time and effort spent and sacrifices made to beat him... And it turns out he just needed to have a heart to heart with T'Challa to completely reform. I mean T'Challa is awesome, but it just kind of invalidates everything the heroes went through in the films.

Loki did kind of similar with the Infinity Stones. All the power in the films, all the effort to acquire them... And they're used as friggin' paperweights by some office staff at the TVA.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2021 04:39 AM
DarkSaint85

Well, Tchalla is way more effective than Quill lol.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 11:28 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ To say the absolute least, lol. thumb up

Wasn't a huge fan of the Cap Carter episode... Not because of the faux-SJW paranoia that some are feeding into, but because I really never cared for the first Cap movie, and the episode was basically just a rehash of that. Cap Carter herself is fun enough, though.

Enjoyed the T'Challa/Starlord episode quite a bit. T'Challa affecting true galactic/universal change, because he's just a really good person and hero... Also very cool to hear Chadwick doing the VA work here. The What If..? episodes he voices this season are, unfortunately, his last work in the MCU. sad

What I'm really looking forward to is the Doctor Strange episode(think it's the 4th ep. of the season.) It's supposed to be a doozy.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 12:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yeah, for me the first Cap movie is pretty boring. I liked Iron Steve though.

My wife just turned to me and askedif the Watcher was such a pretentious phuck in comics as well....

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 01:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Robtard
It is not.

I really enjoyed the episode, it was well done start to finish. Also cartoon Carter is as sexy as real life Carter smile

So you're that type. Doesn't like dicks, but likes his women built like brick outhouses. 😆

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 01:33 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007

Wasn't a huge fan of the Cap Carter episode... Not because of the faux-SJW paranoia that some are feeding into, but because I really never cared for the first Cap movie, and the episode was basically just a rehash of that. Cap Carter herself is fun enough, though.

Enjoyed the T'Challa/Starlord episode quite a bit. T'Challa affecting true galactic/universal change, because he's just a really good person and hero... Also very cool to hear Chadwick doing the VA work here. The What If..? episodes he voices this season are, unfortunately, his last work in the MCU. sad

What I'm really looking forward to is the Doctor Strange episode(think it's the 4th ep. of the season.) It's supposed to be a doozy.
yeah but quill can pick up infinity stones, survive the cold of space etc and ****s nearly as many strange coloured chick's as Captain Kirk

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 01:59 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Galan007

yeah but quill can pick up infinity stones, survive the cold of space etc and ****s nearly as many strange coloured chick's as Captain Kirk

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 02:21 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
It is not.

(please log in to view the image) What are you afraid of CDTM
So you're that type. Doesn't like dicks, but likes his women built like brick outhouses. 😆

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 02:28 PM
cdtm

By that picture, having my bones shattered and organs ruptured.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 02:57 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
My main gripe with it was the whole [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thanos just needed to have a talk with T'Challa to become a good guy thing. I feel it detracts from the films, where there was so much build up, so much time and effort spent and sacrifices made to beat him... And it turns out he just needed to have a heart to heart with T'Challa to completely reform. I mean T'Challa is awesome, but it just kind of invalidates everything the heroes went through in the films.

Yeah I felt like they were poking fun at [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thanos big plot in the films. Also he wasnt that OP. Although he did leap to the ship. In any case, he fought without his sword or any power stones in this, so that clearly makes a difference

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 08:06 PM