KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » What if...? (Disney+)

What if...? (Disney+)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
because he's just a really good person and hero...

But is he? I know thats how hes portrayed here. But lets not forget Civil War he was going to kill Bucky first and ask questions later.

He had to go through his own Heroes Journey in that to change for the better.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 08:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

This is an entirely different T'Challa, though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 10:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Of course. Just if they are trying to say hes innately pure goodness as a person, then maybe they shouldnt forget that.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 11:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah I felt like they were poking fun at [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thanos big plot in the films. Also he wasnt that OP. Although he did leap to the ship. In any case, he fought without his sword or any power stones in this, so that clearly makes a difference

I'm not the only one though. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I've seen a lot of people on different sites comment on how nerfed he seemed. In Endgame, Thor, IM and Captain America struggled to even land hits, despite fighting him 3-on-1. And in IW, when he didn't have his armor or sword, he was tanking attacks like getting smashed by buildings, rammed by space ships, sword slashes from Drax, Nebula, explosions and blasts etc. without real issue. Now, he's so weak that Proxima can KO him with an AOE attack that he isn't even the sole focus of.

And that's my point. Thanos was the Big Bad for the first few MCU phases and now he's been reduced to a borderline comic-relief sidekick and the plan that resulted in the death of Iron Man, Black Widow, numerous Asgardians etc. is treated like a joke.

Though I think they wanted to get the Thanos threat out of the picture because, depending on if they continue that story thread, they want to focus on Ego. Because let's be real. There was so much plot and ridiculous odds in the Guardians being able to beat him that he should be a far bigger threat than he came across as. I mean they just so happened to have another cosmic opponent who can keep him busy (Cosmic Star-Lord), someone to tell them exactly what his weakness was, where it was and to temporarily KO him (Mantis), the means to kill him (the uber explosives Rocket stole from their previous mission), and the right sized character to deliver the payload (Baby Groot). If they'd missed even one of those elements they probably would have failed and died.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Aug 21st, 2021 at 04:51 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 04:49 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh he was certainly nerfed in this. I was shocked myself that 2 of his [SPOILER - highlight to read]: henchmen (from the main MCU) could beat him. Certainly didnt get that impression in the films [SPOILER - highlight to read]: sword or not. I mean he did stomp Hulk without his sword

But I suppose in this alternate reality he just may not be up to scratch combat wise. Although that seems strange given his physical shape and how long hes been a combatant.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 12:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Of course. Just if they are trying to say hes innately pure goodness as a person, then maybe they shouldnt forget that.
I kind of see what you're saying, but as is the case with the comics, you can't compare alternate "What If..?" characters to their mainstream incarnations. They are, in essence, entirely different beings.

In the mainstream MCU, an adult T'Challa saw his father die right before his eyes and believed Bucky was the culprit, so he began seeking revenge... But by the end of the film, T'Challa realized the error of his ways, dropped his lust for revenge, and moved forward.

In this world/universe, however, that never happened. T'Challa was taken from earth as a child and apparently had a very good upbringing, wherein he devoted his life to the betterment of the galaxy/universe... And evidently did a damn good job.

Completely different character histories here.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 03:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Pretty harsh against Quill there. laughing out loud

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 03:43 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

But is he? I know thats how hes portrayed here. But lets not forget Civil War he was going to kill Bucky first and ask questions later.

He had to go through his own Heroes Journey in that to change for the better.

Oh yeah, he was a total Mary Sue.

They laid it on so thick how much of a perfect hero he is compared to Peter Quill, I think they were trolling to some extent.

Btw, anyone else catch the Robin Hood joke. "Robin leech."

As in, the poor leeching off the rich? No way that word was random.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 03:48 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cdtm

They laid it on so thick how much of a perfect hero he is compared to Peter Quill, I think they were trolling to some extent.

They had to be trolling to an extent especially with [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Thanos change of mind.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 08:42 AM
DarkSaint85

Btw, anyone else catch the Robin Hood joke. "Robin leech."

As in, the poor leeching off the rich? No way that word was random.

Or Robin Leach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifes...Rich_and_Famous

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 09:23 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

TBF, if T'Challa were that inherently good, he'd had abdicated his throne and turned Wakanda into a democracy by the people; for the people. Kings are dictators.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 04:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Robtard
TBF, if T'Challa were that inherently good, he'd had abdicated his throne and turned Wakanda into a democracy by the people; for the people. Kings are dictators.

The thought had occured to me.

But he's so ridiculously good in this story, what's one relatively benign character flaw?

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 04:59 PM
Darth Thor

The thought had occured to me.

But he's so ridiculously good in this story, what's one relatively benign character flaw?

Two.

Dont forget out to murder Bucky for his Dads death without even knowing for sure, and refusing to hear Bucky out.

Unless Robtards referring to the alternate reality only.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 05:52 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

tonight's ep was a little weak but liked hearing sam jackson and tom hiddleston

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 26th, 2021 03:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Watching [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Loki beat up Hank Pym was weirdly satisfying.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2021 04:43 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Another SJW ep?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2021 05:16 AM
robotflug
Restricted

Account Restricted

Are most of the episodes going to soley be "What if this character was actually this superhero?" Cause that's going to be really boring.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2021 11:10 PM
robotflug is currently offline Click here to Send robotflug a Private Message Find more posts by robotflug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Watching [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Loki beat up Hank Pym was weirdly satisfying.

Oh yeah. He was OP ! But In a really satisfying way.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 12:17 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Oh yeah. He was OP ! But In a really satisfying way.

I don't know if he was really OP or if we just have lower expectations of him after his treatment in some of his more recent live action appearances. Because even before [SPOILER - highlight to read]: his solo show took a dump on him, Loki was useless in Infinity War as well and got killed like fodder. Even Cap and Spider-Man took more punishment and survived. Hell, Thanos even chokes Peter at one point during the Titan battle and doesn't cause a lasting injury, never mind breaking his neck like he did with Loki. The writers have just treated him really badly in recent times, so it's nice to see him at his best again. After all, this was someone who was a big bad himself at one point and the reason the Avengers were brought together.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 06:59 AM
Darth Thor

^ I mean absolutely stomping [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ant-Man like that is pretty OP I think. That's the kind of strength we knew he had in the earlier films.

His [SPOILER - highlight to read]: illusions were also more like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Mysterio actually causing serious issues to his opponent in a fight.

Probably the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: casket aided him in being even more OP though.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 01:36 PM