KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » A Short History of Slavery

A Short History of Slavery
Started by: eThneoLgrRnae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
you get thorns
village idiot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blakemore
Is it a sin to be black?

Where oh where is that brilliant poster today. This is his area of expertise.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 06:15 PM
you get thorns is currently offline Click here to Send you get thorns a Private Message Find more posts by you get thorns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is that at me or at him?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 06:29 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
you get thorns
village idiot

Him. That dude that knows everything.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 06:54 PM
you get thorns is currently offline Click here to Send you get thorns a Private Message Find more posts by you get thorns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
I'm just sick of certain groups of people (who tend to be black, yes, but that has nothing to do with it; there are plenty of black people who don't share this victimhood/entitlement mentality that the world owes them something; the black woman in that video I posted, for example) who think they're entitled to shit simply because they have more melanin in their skin than people like I do and because of some shit that happened centuries ago.

The world (or white people) doesn't owe them a god**** thing. Period, end of discussion.

Sad, pathetic and now im convinced you have a tiny penis

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 07:03 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah
Originally posted by you get thorns
Him. That dude that knows everything.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 07:04 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I want my god**** reparations for my white ancestors being enslaved by muslims during their conquests in Europe, and I want them now!!

What's that you say? I have no proof that my particular ancestors were enslaved by muslims nor do I know the exact muslims who enslaved them therefore I don't know which muslim families to demand reparations from?

Oh, so now specific details like that are suddenly important? F*** that, I know all I need to know. Muslims enslaved white people so all muslims owe me some f***ing reparations simply because I am a white person!

Pay up, muslims. I think a couple million dollars should be enough. I want my funds in American dollars and I want that shit now! Got that?!

The issue, of course, is that you don't live in any of those countries and aren't a victim of their policies. It might actually be a legitimate issue in those instances.

That's different from citizens of America, or any other country, asking their own nation to atone for actions taken against its own citizens. Especially when those policies might still have impact today.
Originally posted by cdtm
No need to go this far, the Dems double standards of obvious simply by how they ignore the human rights abuses of Muslim allies today. Feminists teaming up with orthodox Muslims who refuse to allow their wives to even be in the same room with another man who isn't family is hilarious.

Here you are again though, not understanding these groups aren't a monolith.

Plenty of activists do criticize the very things you're talking about. But you will generally be more vocal about your own country's transgressions because you have far more power to change those policies. This would generally be true for an American, British, Japanese, Brazilian, Somalian, wtfever activist.

There's actually been some extremely complicated ideological battles over things like this. France banning burkas and other coverings is a good example. Part of the debate is this: How much does it help combat religion-based sexism vs how much does it encourage religious and ethnic discrimination and assimilation?

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 28th, 2021 at 07:32 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 07:17 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Donald Trump quote from the article, by the way:

"I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day. I think the guy is lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is. I believe that." Holy based, Mr. Trump!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2021 09:02 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Did this really need to be a video?

Last edited by Zenwolf on Aug 29th, 2021 at 01:33 AM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 01:28 AM
Zenwolf is currently offline Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Did this really need to be a video?

Yeah, it did because most leftists ("woke" so'-called "progressives") seem to have this delusional belief that slavery was invented by white people and has always been practised exclusively by white people and that white people have never been on the receiving end of it.

Iow, they stupidly think that white people have always been the oppressors and never the oppressed and so they owe black people reparations for some shit that happened hundreds of years ago while conveniently ignoring the fact that it is white people who first ended slavery and that slavery is STILL going on today in non-white countries.

My main reason in posting that video is because there has been this divisive movement by leftists and democrats to make white people pay "reparations" to black people because of "muh slavery her derp!"

That movement is what is actually racist.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Aug 29th, 2021 at 02:14 AM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 02:11 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I'll give you credit for not denying it, nor trying to rationalize it.

I was talking about feminism, who focus on woman rights above all else. But yes, men certainly suffer too.

The main point I was trying to make is social activists have this odd thing where they accept things for "other cultures" that they never accept for their own, and even ally with representatives of said cultures.

For example, an Israeli support interracial marriage in America and actively works to support the movement.. And yet they actively pressure their own sons and daughters to marry in their faith and ethnicity.

That's hypocrisy, and it happens fairly often.

If an activist is fighting for rights only for their own people, they aren't fighting for human rights at all. Only for the rights of their own "people", and for where they live.

That's a fair point and an insightful one imho. thumb up

That is why one must be caucious when engaging in politics / social activism etc.

I know that I have re-evaluated my political positions because of hypocrisy displayed by some Conservative movements (mainly for Polish politics, but also for Western political ambience).

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 08:00 AM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I was talking about feminism, who focus on woman rights above all else. But yes, men certainly suffer too.

My point was that shouldn't really be conflated with Feminist issues. That's just traditional muslims being kind of prudish when following their religion to that extent. But it goes both ways in terms of gender.

Think the word "suffer" is overstating it on that particular issue tbh.

The main point I was trying to make is social activists have this odd thing where they accept things for "other cultures" that they never accept for their own, and even ally with representatives of said cultures.

Yeah but I'm just asking how's that different to Republicans allying themselves with Saudi? I doubt Republicans agree with forcing women to cover up and making homosexuality a crime.

For example, an Israeli support interracial marriage in America and actively works to support the movement.. And yet they actively pressure their own sons and daughters to marry in their faith and ethnicity.

I get what you're saying but in this particular example we should distinguish between faith and race.

Parents not liking an Arab Muslim marrying an Arab Christian (for example), would be a very different issue to not liking an Arab Muslim marrying an African Muslim, or a White Catholic marrying a Black Catholic. The first is being disappointed your children are moving away from your faith, morals and ideals. The latter just seems kinda racist.

But I know with Jews differentiating between Faith and Race can be problematic as you're Jewish if your Mother is Jewish.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 11:40 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
The issue, of course, is that you don't live in any of those countries and aren't a victim of their policies. It might actually be a legitimate issue in those instances.

That's different from citizens of America, or any other country, asking their own nation to atone for actions taken against its own citizens. Especially when those policies might still have impact today.

Here you are again though, not understanding these groups aren't a monolith.

Plenty of activists do criticize the very things you're talking about. But you will generally be more vocal about your own country's transgressions because you have far more power to change those policies. This would generally be true for an American, British, Japanese, Brazilian, Somalian, wtfever activist.

There's actually been some extremely complicated ideological battles over things like this. France banning burkas and other coverings is a good example. Part of the debate is this: How much does it help combat religion-based sexism vs how much does it encourage religious and ethnic discrimination and assimilation?
thumb up Pretty much my views. Any posts contrary to these points of ST are for me made of

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 01:48 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Yeah, it did because most leftists ("woke" so'-called "progressives") seem to have this delusional belief that slavery was invented by white people and has always been practised exclusively by white people and that white people have never been on the receiving end of it.

Iow, they stupidly think that white people have always been the oppressors and never the oppressed and so they owe black people reparations for some shit that happened hundreds of years ago while conveniently ignoring the fact that it is white people who first ended slavery and that slavery is STILL going on today in non-white countries.

My main reason in posting that video is because there has been this divisive movement by leftists and democrats to make white people pay "reparations" to black people because of "muh slavery her derp!"

That movement is what is actually racist.

So on the one hand you're angry at Americans caring about an issue that happened in America but not about the same thing when it happened in other countries and on the other hand you get angry about non Americans having an opinion about things that happen in America and regularly tell them to mind their own f**king business.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 02:53 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Idgi, I think ethneo just hates black people, it’s ludicrous it’s like hating blonde people lol or redhead people lol

Old Post Aug 29th, 2021 04:14 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stringer
Sad, pathetic and now im convinced you have a tiny penis
it does seem to be where Ethneo gets his energy for sure.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 10:14 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

If an activist is fighting for rights only for their own people, they aren't fighting for human rights at all. Only for the rights of their own "people", and for where they live.
You're conflating a couple of different ideas here.

For one most Feminist don't support the anti-women parts of Islam. Just like they don't support the anti-women parts of Christianity and they aren't trying to ban Christianity despite what many conservatives want to believe.

Most often they are just supporting those people's rights to practice their religion free from persecution. You see the difference supporting people's right to practice their religion vs endorsing the bad parts of that religion?

Finally activist generally have a personal stake in the causes they fight for. You're statement about them fighting for their own people is just a throw away line intended to sound profound but just comes off as douchey.

Let me put it to you another way. You basically said,
"This person with lung cancer is trying to get more research into lung cancer to happen. Well why aren't they advocating for research into all cancers. Such a hypocrite."
You would hopefully not do this to said cancer patient so why do you feel you can do it to an activist group fighting for their people's rights?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 12:07 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah also theres nothing wrong with coming together when you have common goals.

Like if both Left and Right individuals protested against starting another war. Any harm in protesting together?

Thats not hypocritical. Its just tackling each issue individually instead of having separate labels for everyone.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 12:22 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How did I miss this Trumper meltdown thread.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 06:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by Blakemore
Is it a sin to be black?

It's a Sin to be White today.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 06:48 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Klaw
It's a Sin to be White today.

^ Rightist love their imagined victimhood and martyr complexes, often combining the two

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 07:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote