KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Crimson Reign (comic series)

Crimson Reign (comic series)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Crimson Reign (comic series)

(please log in to view the image)
quote:
This five-issue limited series will be the second installment in the trilogy that began in this year's WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS crossover. The series promises to shed even more light on the untold history of the Star Wars galaxy during the Age of Rebellion and will feature the return of beloved characters, shocking twists, epic feats of the Force and a story that will reach from Star Wars' darkest underworld all the way to the Imperial Palace on Coruscant.

-Slated for release this December.

Soule is writing, so I'll read. Interesting thing about the cover art is that Ren(former leader of the KoR) will evidently be playing a part in this... Wasn't really expecting to see him again. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 04:28 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Also looks like Tie defenders in the center background. Awesome.

And the promo quote says we can look forward to "epic feats of the Force". Wonder wtf they have in store there?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2021 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Someone has also pointed out the throne Palpatine is in, as well as the window behind him, indicate this is the throne room on the second Death Star. So it's possible at least part of Crimson Reign will take place concurrently with Return of the Jedi.

I am very excited to be getting more content with Ren! He was my favorite part of the Rise of Kylo Ren comic, so I'm really looking forward to more with the character. Don't know why I wasn't expecting to see him further fleshed out, since Soule obviously loves bringing back the character's he's written (Momin being a perfect example).

Old Post Sep 4th, 2021 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

“Feature the return of beloved characters” > they add Ren…
Boy they have a very weird idea of “beloved” characters lmao

Old Post Sep 4th, 2021 07:08 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
(please log in to view the image)

Oh this will be interesting

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 03:36 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

I'm really excited for Crimson Reign. Almost entirely because of the inclusion of the Knights of Ren, honestly.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 05:07 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Looks like there are a few different members in the KoR's roster.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 09:27 AM
Sheev
The All-Sith

You're right. Looks like at least 3 new knights. Didn't expect that.

And when is this story supposed to be taking place? Because the last issue of Bounty hunter wars concludes with Jabba getting carbonite Han back, so it seems like the timeline here is literally right before ROTJ.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

I think there's a bit of time between Jabba acquiring Han and the Rebels executing the plan to rescue Han. That small window, straight up to Return of the Jedi, appears to be when Crimson Reign takes place (the first teaser image we had for Crimson Reign seemed to show Palpatine in his throne room on the second Death Star, meaning Crimson Reign would be concurrent with RotJ)

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 08:30 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

The DS2 was still around before it appeared in ROTJ, so Sidious chilling on his DS2 throne doesn't necessarily mean this will be taking place at the same time as ROTJ..And I honestly hope it doesn't take place at the same time, because that would muddy the waters.

But I mean there is only 1 year between ESB and ROTJ, so either way we have to be getting REALLY close to the events of ROTJ at this point.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2021 08:40 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

If I'm not mistaken, it's heavily implied (if not outright stated) that Palpatine's trip to the DS2 was his only time aboard the vessel. It's kind of why Jerjerrod freaks out so much at the prospect of the Emperor arriving.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 12:59 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, Jerjerrod was absolutely shook when Vader told him that Palpatine was going to pay them a visit. I always took that as a heavy implication that Palpatine himself had never actually been to the station prior to his arrival in the film.

Although I'm not sure if the film explicitly states that it was the *only* time Palpatine had ever been aboard the Death Star II, so I suppose it's possible that he might've cruised by at some point before RotJ... But I'm not sure why he would bother, given that the DSII wasn't even fully operational until the events of the film itself. /shrug

That said, I would certainly prefer if the bulk of Crimson Reign weren't set concurrently with RotJ, because yeah... It would potentially muddle things quite a bit, given the purported scope of this event.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 02:03 AM
Sheev
The All-Sith

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
That said, I would certainly prefer if the bulk of Crimson Reign weren't set concurrently with RotJ, because yeah... It would potentially muddle things quite a bit, given the purported scope of this event.
My thoughts as well.

Vader is supposed to be integral to crushing Crimson Dawn in this series, and apparently CD has infiltrated every major facet of the galaxy, so that's a lot of weeding out for him to do, if it is also taking place at the same time he was weeding out Luke and the Rebellion in ROTJ..

Old Post Oct 16th, 2021 12:21 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Oct 29th, 2021 01:46 AM
Underachiever59

Looks promising. I love that the Archivist is based off of Maul's old concept art. Always good to see old concept art finding new purpose

Old Post Oct 29th, 2021 05:53 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Agreed. thumb up

Though Oochi allying himself with Crimson Dawn is something I was not expecting:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

But the fact that we already know he was allowed to live(and continue serving Vader/Palpatine) after this event, obviously suggests that Oochi's supposed 'treason' isn't as cut-and-dry as it seems.

So either Qi'ra is using some sort of mind-control element on Oochi, similar to what we recently saw in Doctor Aphra:
https://ibb.co/jzd67WX
https://ibb.co/mG1RV97
https://ibb.co/r2WmXW1
https://ibb.co/4pKgNWR
https://ibb.co/kDm8fjC

...Or Vader has ordered Oochi to act as a sleeper agent of sorts, in an effort to further infiltrate Crimson Dawn.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 29th, 2021 at 11:39 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2021 11:35 AM
Sheev
The All-Sith

I hope it's the latter, because I hate the thought of Qira using Sith tech and the like. sick

Old Post Oct 29th, 2021 04:11 PM
Underachiever59

I'm betting Vader sent in Ochi as a sleeper agent. Ochi is really, really fixated on the idea that Vader and Palpatine are flat-out unbeatable. I doubt he'd actually turn on Vader.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2021 07:13 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Ya, I don't see Oochi betraying either of them on his own. He has seen their power first hand and is awestruck by it.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2021 02:01 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote