KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » RIP Michael Kenneth Williams

RIP Michael Kenneth Williams
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

RIP Michael Kenneth Williams

(please log in to view the image)

https://nypost.com/2021/09/06/actor...-nyc-apartment/

Michael K. Williams, who played Omar Little on The Wire, Chalky White on Boardwalk Empire, and Leonard on Hap & Leonard... was found dead yesterday in his apartment by his nephew, no cause of death has been given, but it's suspected he passed away of an overdose.

2017-2021 has been some of the worst years of all time, so many people are passing.

RIP to one of the greatest actors of all time who played some of the best roles in television history. You will be missed, Michael.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 7th, 2021 08:43 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

For a moment I thought this was about Kenneth Williams, and I thought he'd be about 130.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2021 07:13 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marcssands14

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
For a moment I thought this was about Kenneth Williams, and I thought he'd be about 130.

Shame you don't know who Michael k Williams is smdh. Played one of the best tv characters of the 21st cent.

RIP to a acting legend

Old Post Sep 9th, 2021 07:20 PM
marcssands14 is currently offline Click here to Send marcssands14 a Private Message Find more posts by marcssands14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by marcssands14
Shame you don't know who Michael k Williams is smdh. Played one of the best tv characters of the 21st cent.

RIP to a acting legend
Chalky White was an incredible character too.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 02:50 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

RIP to a acting legend
I watched the wire, its dated badly.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2021 06:43 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Shame you don't know who Michael k Williams is smdh.

I don’t know him from The Wire or Boardwalk Empire, but I loved him on Hap & Leonard. That show was criminally unappreciated and he did good work on it.

RIP

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 08:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I watched the wire, its dated badly.

Yeah, can't disagree with that. Still a truly tremendous show for characters and plots but it's not fun seeing them starting with trying to get pager numbers then having no idea what MMS messages are. 😄

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 06:55 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Yeah, can't disagree with that. Still a truly tremendous show for characters and plots but it's not fun seeing them starting with trying to get pager numbers then having no idea what MMS messages are. 😄
laughing out loud It was a product of the time and perhaps the first of those kind of serials. That said, I tried rewatching Braking bad a while back and just couldn't get in to it.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 09:39 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by jaden_2.0

I don’t mind that at all.
Technology moves so fast, shows/movies will seem dated after a few years, much less (Googles The Wire)
damn, nearly twenty! eek!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2021 11:23 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Idk, I still have The Wire up there with The Sopranos, and the people saying The Sopranos isn't one of the best shows of all time are smoking crack.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2021 04:47 AM
riv6672

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Idk, I still have The Wire up there with The Sopranos, and the people saying The Sopranos isn't one of the best shows of all time are smoking crack.

I was always more of aChiklis/Shield guy, but Sopranos was a well made show, it’s true.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2021 08:44 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Both were great. Sopranos holds up better today.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2021 12:09 PM
Jmanghan

Old Post Sep 15th, 2021 12:51 AM
marcssands14

Never heard of that show in my life. What's it about,Hap and Leonard

Old Post Sep 16th, 2021 03:34 AM
marcssands14 is currently offline Click here to Send marcssands14 a Private Message Find more posts by marcssands14 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marcssands14

Originally posted by riv6672
I don’t know him from The Wire or Boardwalk Empire, but I loved him on Hap & Leonard. That show was criminally unappreciated and he did good work on it.

RIP

Old Post Sep 16th, 2021 03:37 AM
riv6672

It’s about Hap Collins, a white working class laborer who spent time in federal prison as a young man for refusing to be drafted into the military and serve in the Vietnam War, and Leonard Pine, a gay black Vietnam vet with serious anger issues.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2021 08:51 AM
marcssands14

Originally posted by riv6672
It’s about Hap Collins, a white working class laborer who spent time in federal prison as a young man for refusing to be drafted into the military and serve in the Vietnam War, and Leonard Pine, a gay black Vietnam vet with serious anger issues.

Interesting. I might take a look one day

Old Post Sep 17th, 2021 02:01 AM
riv6672

Interesting. I might take a look one day

Its a lot more interesting than i made it sound, i just didnt want to build a wall of text. stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 18th, 2021 10:04 AM