KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who Survives Thanos pimp slap???

Who Survives Thanos pimp slap???
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeadpoolXXX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He was using the Gauntlet. As... you know... you can actually see during the battle.

He only turned off his "omniscience" - the cosmic senses. So the heroes would stand a really small chance (0.05%) of surprising and beating him.

All stated on panel several times, don't be a DC version of carver, please.
so are you saying that it took the full power of the gauntlet to shatter the shield?

i want to know EXACTLY how far some of you are willing to take this showing.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 03:14 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Serpent(a Skyfather) shattered Cap's shield. So it very clearly does not require the IG's full power to do so.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 03:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
The Serpent(a Skyfather) shattered Cap's shield. So it very clearly does not require the IG's full power to do so.

To be fair, Serpent was at his absolute best during the event, true-all-father-mode, amplifying himself with the fear caused worldwide.

But yes, he did break the shield. Uber magick tends to do the trick.

PS. You're the only person in this solar system who believes Galactus' physical manifestation is physically more durable than the shield

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 03:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
so are you saying that it took the full power of the gauntlet to shatter the shield?

It took a significant portion of it. Enough to compare with the same amount Molecule Man or Beyonderpower users spent.

And even if it's a tiny fraction of its power, it still surpasses all the pussies listed in the op combined.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 03:47 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
To be fair, Serpent was at his absolute best during the event, true-all-father-mode, amplifying himself with the fear caused worldwide.

But yes, he did break the shield. Uber magick tends to do the trick.

PS. You're the only person in this solar system who believes Galactus' physical manifestation is physically more durable than the shield
Yeah, he was 'roiding there, and appeared to have used rune magics, but still... That same Cul would get casually gestured away by an IG-user.

Only point being: we can definitively say that the shield's durability fails against Skyfather-level power. Anything beyond that is overkill.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 20th, 2021 at 03:59 PM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 03:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Fair enough.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 03:58 PM
DarkSaint85

No, only that he was using the Gauntlet.

It's like having Tony Stark in his armour, punching Logan and sending him flying 10 feet away.

Did he use his armour? Yes, because Logan is heavy and Stark is just a human.

Did he use his armour's FULL power? No.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 03:59 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

"Full" power allowed both Thanos and Nebula to best like a dozen of cosmic entities at the same time.

And even then, it wasn't really 100%.

It's scary to think what classic IG could actually do at 100%. We'll never know.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 04:07 PM
DeadpoolXXX

so considering the serpent showing, isn't it possible that thanos was "only" using skyfather tier power against cap?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 04:50 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thanos shattered it into tiny pieces with a single blow. Two, if you include the pimp slap, but it was akin to Wolverine blowing at guns he has already sliced:

(please log in to view the image)

Serpent... had to go SSJ, used both arms and caused less damage.

And it was written by Matt Fraction, who is an idiot.

Canonical King Thor --- Standoff Thor --- only dented the shield, much like Hulk did to Ultron.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 05:17 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

so considering the serpent showing, isn't it possible that thanos was "only" using skyfather tier power against cap?
Like Stilt mentioned: Thanos' attack fragmented the shield more than Serpent's attack.

This:

Compared to this:

Based on the above, we can deduce that Thanos' blow packed more of a wallop than Serpent's... How much more, I cannot say for certain. /shrug

**And to be clear, I was not implying in my above posts that Thanos' punch was capped to Skyfather-level. Just was clarifying that the shield itself does definitively fail against that tier of power.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2021 05:52 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by carver9
Why are you saying Skaar punched harder than any IG user?
Because i don't know of any feats where an IG user quantifiably punched harder than that particular punch. Likeni said I can be wrong.

Could a IG user possibly punch that hard? Probably. But have they ever? You tell me.

Stop wasting time and post feats. What are the best punching feats from an IG user shown?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 09:03 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by h1a8
Because i don't know of any feats where an IG user quantifiably punched harder than that particular punch. Likeni said I can be wrong.

Could a IG user possibly punch that hard? Probably. But have they ever? You tell me.

Stop wasting time and post feats. What are the best punching feats from an IG user shown?
it wasn’t harder than the feat in this thread. Bro man characters have punched people into space but cannot crack the shield. Can you compare the force needed here? I think force needed to shatter the shield is > than punching someone into outer space.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 10:17 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Diesldude
it wasn’t harder than the feat in this thread. Bro man characters have punched people into space but cannot crack the shield. Can you compare the force needed here? I think force needed to shatter the shield is > than punching someone into outer space.

Most Characters who have punched people into space can't normally do that in a comic (outlier feats). Characters power levels often fluctuate. When no other evidence is present, we assume a character is operating at average levels. Otherwise we would falsely assume, that in EVERY SCENE, a character is operating at the highest level they have ever operated at.

For example, every time Gladiator punches someone, he is clearly not using planet destroying force.

And sending Juggs to space takes way more force than sending Sentry to space.

Imo it might take billions of tons to break the shield. But characters who have once or twice applied billions of tons in their comic career can not apply billions of tons of force 99% of the time (they are not written that strong on average).

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 11:54 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Most Characters who have punched people into space can't normally do that in a comic (outlier feats). Characters power levels often fluctuate. When no other evidence is present, we assume a character is operating at average levels. Otherwise we would falsely assume, that in EVERY SCENE, a character is operating at the highest level they have ever operated at.

For example, every time Gladiator punches someone, he is clearly not using planet destroying force.

Imo it might take billions of tons to break the shield. But characters who have once or twice applied billions of tons in their comic career can not apply billions of tons of force 99% of the time (they are not written that strong on average).
that’s fine and all but that wasn’t my point bro. I agree no one operates at high end showings 100% of the time but I’m not arguing this.

My point is that I think it takes more force to shatter the shield than to punch someone into space. Punching someone into space was a big deal in the past but I think it’s still under the force needed to shatter the shield.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 11:59 AM
Diesldude is currently offline Click here to Send Diesldude a Private Message Find more posts by Diesldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesldude

Originally posted by Galan007
Like Stilt mentioned: Thanos' attack fragmented the shield more than Serpent's attack.

This:

Compared to this:

Based on the above, we can deduce that Thanos' blow packed more of a wallop than Serpent's... How much more, I cannot say for certain. /shrug

**And to be clear, I was not implying in my above posts that Thanos' punch was capped to Skyfather-level. Just was clarifying that the shield itself does definitively fail against that tier of power.

Exactly, just because both JBL and his son can lift a 5lb dumbell doesn’t mean his son can’t slap the shit out him. One is obviously stronger than the other doesn’t mean that they can’t exert muster up more strength to lift a heavier dumbell.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 12:03 PM
carver9

Is Skaar punch harder than what Superman hit Doomsday with?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 01:25 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Diesldude
that’s fine and all but that wasn’t my point bro. I agree no one operates at high end showings 100% of the time but I’m not arguing this.

My point is that I think it takes more force to shatter the shield than to punch someone into space. Punching someone into space was a big deal in the past but I think it’s still under the force needed to shatter the shield.

Well we need quantifiable feats for the shield to determine that though. When using characters striking the shield then we can only assume average levels. For example, if a character's average in a comic is a million tons then the shield can withstand a million tons.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2021 07:53 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by carver9
Is Skaar punch harder than what Superman hit Doomsday with?

It depends on the shaking of the Earth or the shaking of a city or the shaking of the downtown area of the city. But why is that relevant here?

But Superman punched WW astronomically harder than both of them.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2021 07:55 PM
carver9

It depends on the shaking of the Earth or the shaking of a city or the shaking of the downtown area of the city. But why is that relevant here?

But Superman punched WW astronomically harder than both of them.

Wouldn't punching someone past Earth atmosphere into space be much more difficult than punching someone the same distance across space? One have resistance and the other doesn't.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2021 11:21 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote