KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » WildCATS Vs Avengers

WildCATS Vs Avengers
Started by: Senor Cage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

WildCATS Vs Avengers

(please log in to view the image)

Vs

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 17th, 2021 11:44 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

I'm assuming that Lobo, Superman, and Helspont aren't WildCATs, or did something change? Without those three, I'd give the Avengers a slight edge.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 04:14 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I havent read a Wildcats comic in 20 years. I pretty much forget the characters at this point except for Maul, Zealot, and Grifter. Is Wildcats still in production and do people read it?

By Stoic

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 11:39 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tkitna
I havent read a Wildcats comic in 20 years. I pretty much forget the characters at this point except for Maul, Zealot, and Grifter. Is Wildcats still in production and do people read it?
This forum is full of men in or approaching middle age still arguing about things we argued about as kids... I love you all.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 12:44 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Lobo solos.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 07:09 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It's the cover for Lobo Vs Superman that comes out in December. WildCATS are coming back. Team includes:

Void
Maul
Zealot
Grifter
Mr. Majestic
The Union

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 07:45 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

It's too bad Warren Ellis won't be writing it. Not with all the current controversy he's in.

He was really doing great things with The Wild Storm reboot, and I was looking forward to his Wildcats. It also ruined the last season of Castlevania.

I don't have high hopes for the new Wildcats, but maybe that's just my disappointment speaking. Who's writing it?

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 21st, 2021 at 09:18 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 09:07 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

majestic solos

good thread

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 09:14 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

King Thor solos awesome thread.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 10:09 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

That looks like golden arm Thor...

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 10:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by StyleTime
It's too bad Warren Ellis won't be writing it. Not with all the current controversy he's in.

He was really doing great things with The Wild Storm reboot, and I was looking forward to his Wildcats. It also ruined the last season of Castlevania.

I don't have high hopes for the new Wildcats, but maybe that's just my disappointment speaking. Who's writing it?

quote:
SUPERMAN VS. LOBO #3
Written by TIM SEELEY and SARAH BEATTIE
Art and cover by MIRKA ANDOLFO
Variant cover by DANIEL WARREN JOHNSON
$6.99 US | 48 pages | 3 of 3 | Prestige Plus | 8 1/2" x 10 7/8"
ON SALE 12/28/21
17+

Superman and Lobo must unite to save the bumbling god from the forces of the universe he destroyed. Some knew them as the WildC.A.T.s, but now they go by the Numen Revenge Squad. But can Superman trust the Main Man with an artifact that gives one the power to reshape reality to their whim? I mean, no, of course not. He's Lobo. The conclusion to this comedy epic is here!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 11:20 PM
StyleTime

Oh, I thought you meant the Wildcats were getting a series. They're just making a cameo in the Superman vs Lobo thing.

And are called the Numen Revenge Squad now I guess. Lol

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 21st, 2021 at 11:55 PM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2021 11:50 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Oh, I thought you meant the Wildcats were getting a series. They're just making a cameo in the Superman vs Lobo thing.

They're definitely building to a series. Grifter and Zealot appearing in Batman: Urban Legends and it's all but confirmed that more WS characters will be appearing. Crosses fingers.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2021 12:38 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

How was the last season ruined

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2021 01:38 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Sin I AM
How was the last season ruined

They won't come out and say it, but it appears the Ellis controversy is what caused them to boot him from the show. People speculate there was meant to be a season 5 before that.

Which explains why S4 felt rushed. There were too many plot threads that got closed without setting us up for proper emotional payoff. The Sisterhood and Death/Infinite Corridor needed their own separate seasons tbh.

Hell, I thought they might be setting something up with Isaac's night creature that was gaining humanity.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 22nd, 2021 at 03:26 AM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2021 03:16 AM