KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » James Webb Space Telescope

James Webb Space Telescope
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I woke up early for this... 😴🥴🤓

watching as well, though i didn't intend to wake this early

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2021 12:41 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It was worth waking up early. Recorded my kids watching it.

It's history in the making. We have success! (so far)

Old Post Dec 25th, 2021 02:47 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Anyone else pumped for Artemis I later this year?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 04:52 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hsgdg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Der in de nile

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 08:54 AM
Hsgdg is currently offline Click here to Send Hsgdg a Private Message Find more posts by Hsgdg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hsgdg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lylaw

Lyle

Coach Kyle

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 08:54 AM
Hsgdg is currently offline Click here to Send Hsgdg a Private Message Find more posts by Hsgdg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

5/7 pumped

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 10:41 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Which one is that, is that the asteroid mission?

And so far is everything going smoothly for JWST?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 10:49 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Robtard
5/7 pumped

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 10:52 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Now I'm even more pumped

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 10:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
[B]

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 02:39 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by jaden_2.0

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 06:01 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I think the secondary mirror has deployed successfully. 👍👍

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 10:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm going to say it hasn't and this whole James Weeb microscope thing is fake news meant to distract us from the truth, while also holding the conflicting belief that it's both real and it's the elitist Liberals who are owned by the Jews setting up a weapon of mass surveillance to track people via their magnets that were injected via the fake covid vaccines because they want to take our guns away. Cos why not.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 10:55 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I'm going to say it hasn't and this whole James Weeb microscope thing is fake news meant to distract us from the truth, while also holding the conflicting belief that it's both real and it's the elitist Liberals who are owned by the Jews setting up a weapon of mass surveillance to track people via their magnets that were injected via the fake covid vaccines because they want to take our guns away. Cos why not.

Umm, no, it's actually an Ion Cannon deployed by a secret military division of the UN, known as the Global Defense Initiative. It's going to be used to destroy any resistance to the coming NWO.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 11:31 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

There's really no reason your crazy beliefs can't gel with my crazy beliefs...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 11:34 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

It's a gay beam deployed by the space gays to turn everyone into the gays. That's why NASA is actually called National Anal Sex Administration.

#AlternativeFacts

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 11:49 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

In all seriousness, am excited to see what this thing is capable of picking up and showing us.

Didn't know it only has a planned service life of 10years, seems a little short lived considering the 10billion cost.

Last edited by Robtard on Jan 5th, 2022 at 11:53 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2022 11:50 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Didn't know it only has a planned service life of 10years, seems a little short lived considering the 10billion cost.

I think the launch was so smooth they think it'll actually last longer than 10 years. I thought I heard that, anyway...

Old Post Jan 6th, 2022 12:46 AM
jaden_2.0
Awful

You think of some of the other shit physicists and astronomers have done over the few years that barely made a rumble amongst the public. The LIGO observatory detecting gravitational waves for example. Veritasium done a great video explaining just how utterly ridiculously difficult it was. They explained that the stretching of space by a gravitational wave was so small that if the arms of LIGO were as long as the distance between earth and Alpha Centauri they'd be detecting a difference in that that is the width a human hair. So for the actual 4km length of the observatory's arms they were actually measuring a distance change of 1/10,000th the width of a proton.

Then there was the 1st photograph of a black hole at the centre of another galaxy. Its only when you see the zoom video of it that you appreciate how insane getting that image was.

Then there was the hubble ultra deep field

But my personal favourite is the gigapixel Andromeda Galaxy video. When you think in the context of the ultra deep field and its tiny section of the sky that contains tens of thousands of galaxies then you see what 1 single Galaxy contains in that every point of light is a star and huge numbers of those stars have planets...

Mind-blowing stuff

Old Post Jan 6th, 2022 02:19 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Thanks for the share.

So much we'll likely never know about. There being some other form of life is likely considering the sheer numbers of stars/planets, even if it's only bacteria or some other simple form of life.

But even if there is advanced life, they could still be millions or billions of light years away from us

Old Post Jan 6th, 2022 06:53 PM