KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » House of the Dragon

House of the Dragon
Started by: jaden_2.0

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden_2.0
Awful

House of the Dragon

Old Post Oct 6th, 2021 12:45 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks surprisingly good but I'm still expecting it to be rather poor.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2021 02:38 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks goo. i am so enthusiastic for it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 6th, 2021 03:14 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ew, GOD no. PassPassPass.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2021 08:49 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I'll miss this one out until GRRM releases another ASOIAF book. We need to start boycotting major TV shoes anyway, it's the only way these hack writers will learn, or get fired.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Oct 6th, 2021 01:52 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

In all honesty, the screen writer's previous work doesn't exactly inspire confidence what with his only stuff being the shitty Hercules and the even shittier Rampage.

Still...If the writer of The Hangover sequels can turn around and write the Chernobyl series then who knows...

It has some excellent cast members so there's at least some hope. Paddy Considine is a phenomenal actor (check out Dead Man's Shoes if you haven't seen it. One of the best revenge movies ever made) Matt Smith and Rhys Ifans also have some great works behind them.

Certainly looks much more "fantasy" than Game of Thrones did.

It's an odd place in the Targaryen history to do a series about. The so-called "Dance of the Dragons" rather than doing a series about the Doom of Valyria and Aegon's conquest.

Finger's crossed though.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2021 05:41 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Paddy Considine being in it gives me some small hope, Dead Man's Shoes and A Room For Romeo Brass are two brilliant movies (Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee is also really good if you haven't seen it before Jaden.) but he does tend to get underused by a lot of directors I think, he's in Hot Fuzz and he barely gets anything to do even though he has one of the funnier non-verbal gags in the film. Hope he gets an opportunity to act everyone else right off the map of Westeros.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2021 05:59 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

quote: (post)
Originally posted by samhain
Paddy Considine being in it gives me some small hope, Dead Man's Shoes and A Room For Romeo Brass are two brilliant movies (Le Donk & Scor-zay-zee is also really good if you haven't seen it before Jaden.) but he does tend to get underused by a lot of directors I think, he's in Hot Fuzz and he barely gets anything to do even though he has one of the funnier non-verbal gags in the film. Hope he gets an opportunity to act everyone else right off the map of Westeros.

He's excellent in Journeyman as well.
The Girl with all the Gifts is also a very underrated movie with him. Let down a bit in the last act though.

He's also in additional content on the This is England 90 blu-ray where there's a short story about Combo's time in prison after killing Lol's dad. Paddy Considine's character tries to persuade Combo to rape and kill Considine's ex after Combo is released from prison. I've never been able to find anything other than a short clip of the scene online. His character is very disturbing in it.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 01:02 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I REALLY want this to be in the quality that seasons 1-4 of GoT was, but I'm expecting 5, 7 & 8.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 06:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I fear it'll more likely tread water, giving us the odd moment of slight intrigue that'll go nowhere, or some boobs, or a decent battle.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 06:34 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
He's excellent in Journeyman as well.
The Girl with all the Gifts is also a very underrated movie with him. Let down a bit in the last act though.

He's also in additional content on the This is England 90 blu-ray where there's a short story about Combo's time in prison after killing Lol's dad. Paddy Considine's character tries to persuade Combo to rape and kill Considine's ex after Combo is released from prison. I've never been able to find anything other than a short clip of the scene online. His character is very disturbing in it.

The Girl With All The Gifts is a pretty good movie. Didn't really like This Is England TBH.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 06:38 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by samhain
Didn't really like This Is England TBH.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 05:12 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Honestly, I think it's a garbage movie designed to make you think it's really good because of it's serious subject matter. It also seems like it was written by the kind of idiot who rides around on a quad bike and needs to go on courses to learn how to do job interviews. I know Shane Meadows is a good writer but I think he got a little full of himself on that one. Once Upon A Time In The Midlands is another shit one of his too.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 06:48 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

The series are far superior to the film though. They ditch the racial stuff and go into far darker, more personal plotlines. 88 is the bleakest of the 3 but doesn't come close to how bleak The Virtues was.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 07:00 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I caught bits of the series, reminded me of Nil By Mouth for some reason.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 08:18 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

With considerably less "YOU CvNT, YOU FACKIN CVNT, CvNT, FACKIN CVNT" etc.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 09:39 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
With considerably less "YOU CvNT, YOU FACKIN CVNT, CvNT, FACKIN CVNT" etc.

Well anything without Ray Winstone will have considerably less of that. laughing

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 10:51 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Old Post May 9th, 2022 06:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I still REALLY want this to not suck.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 10th, 2022 04:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Old Post Jul 20th, 2022 09:34 PM