KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Purchasing digital games for PS3 will soon be much more annoying

Purchasing digital games for PS3 will soon be much more annoying
Started by: eThneoLgrRnae

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Purchasing digital games for PS3 will soon be much more annoying

Beginning on October 27th PS3 users will no longer be able to add funds to their wallet when using console in order to buy games.They will have to add funds to their wallet by visiting PS store thru their mobile device, desktop/laptop computer, or thru a PS4 or PS5.

What a pain in the a** that is going to be. So, since PS3 games are only for sale in PS store thru the PS3 console it means if-- when I'm browsing thru the PS3 digital library in store-- I decide to buy a game I have to then go access store thru my phone or computer in order to add funds to my wallet then come back to console in order to place order.

No doubt that shit is gonna get old fast especially to those who buy games on a regular basis like myself. Why the hell are they doing this? Is it some lame strategy to get PS3 users to give up waiting on the extremely hard to get PS5 and force their hand in going ahead and coughing up the money for a PS4 by making purchasing games thru PS3 such a hassle?

Screw Sony... what a bunch of idiots. Why are they so damn intent on pissing their customers off?

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Oct 7th, 2021 at 07:30 AM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 07:25 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sorry, I forgot to post this with my post:

Attachment: screenshot_20211007-015315_aol.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 07:26 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, I overlooked where it says they're doing this to enhance online security.

I didn't realize adding funds to wallet thru PS3 console was less secure than adding them through phone, desktop computer, PS4, or PS5.

Learned something new I guess.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2021 08:42 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Doesn't bother me. I stopped adding funds a long time ago, If i see something i want i buy it straight from the get go.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 05:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Doesn't bother me. I stopped adding funds a long time ago, If i see something i want i buy it straight from the get go.
You have to add funds to buy something on the PS Vita and PS3 store if I remember correctly.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 09:03 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
You have to add funds to buy something on the PS Vita and PS3 store if I remember correctly.

Nope, Not at all that's more of a optional thing.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 09:06 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Nope, Not at all that's more of a optional thing.
I just checked, it says if you don't have enough funds in your wallet to purchase you need to add funds.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 09:17 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Jmanghan
I just checked, it says if you don't have enough funds in your wallet to purchase you need to add funds.

Not if its linked to your Paypal, Goes to your bank.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 09:48 AM
Jmanghan

They're removing paypal support.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 10:08 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I get that there's a need for security, but this shit wouldn't even be needed if there was a modern platform that was completely backwards compatible.

And no, PSNow doesn't count.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Oct 8th, 2021 at 11:13 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 10:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I'm glad they kept the service around... but whats the point in doing so if they're trying to make it as difficult as possible.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 10:59 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The PS3 online services was always a piece of shit...and how they were designed.
It's two generations back now....they are not going to reengineer an entire platform for a system not a lot of people still use.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2021 11:35 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

You must not have purchased any games on PS3 recently then.

You can't buy games directly on that specific system with credit cards or even with PayPal; you have to add funds to your wallet with your credit cards or paypal and then use that to buy stuff.

Unless this is only the case with my PS3 and no one else's which wouldn't make any sense.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2021 06:46 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
You must not have purchased any games on PS3 recently then.

Nope, Haven't purchased anything since April when Sony was thinking of shutting down the PSN Store for the PS3/Vita, Then they decided to change their minds.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2021 01:11 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ended up adding funds to the wallet, Had to use my PS4 to add funds so i could buy something on the PS3's PSN Store

did it through the actual site but it kept on giving me an error.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2022 06:51 AM