KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Arcane (Netflix)

Arcane (Netflix)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
It seems so after looking at his reaction to progress.

The problem is [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He means well, but is the ultimate conservative because he's lived far too long and squash's all initiative. What he doesn't realize is risk is necessary for progress, and he simlly refuses any risk at all.

Yeah, that's true. But it's not just that. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: The elitism, the corruption within the Enforcers, the other council members abusing the Hex Gates for personal gain etc. also all happened while he was in charge. So, not only did his insistence on clinging to the past compromise his city's future, but his inability to keep things in order did even further damage.

Originally posted by cdtm
And I'm honestly debating whether [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Silco is evil or a misunderstood anti hero. His goals were perfectly reasonable, but if he wasn't willing to take the deal, what would he have done?

He [SPOILER - highlight to read]: probably would have gone to war. Because I really think he was being honest when he said he wouldn't give Jinx up. Both his reaction to Jinx nearly dying and his monologue at Vander's statue gave me that impression.

I'm not sure I'd call him an anti-hero though. He still did a lot of bad stuff, including having people killed and employing child labour in order to make drugs, as well as threatening to kill children as an intimidation/blackmail tactic. But he isn't wholly evil. He ultimately had good intentions but the way he went about it was bad.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 01:53 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It's actually an interesting parallel between Vander and Silco. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Even though their ambitions were opposites to each other, with Vander wanting to lead a revolution and Silco wanting independence, they ultimately ended up very similar. In the end, both would have given up their dream to protect their family, even being willing to offer themselves up (Vander with the Enforcers and Silco with Jayce) instead. Silco even tells Vander's statue that he finally understands.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2021 04:18 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Some of the negative reviews I've seen for this show are just dumb. Don't get me wrong. While the show is really good IMO, there are some valid criticisms to be made. For example, one could argue that the final act almost had too much going on and could have done with another episode, and there are instances where characters behave kind of OOC, like [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vi's rather flippant attitude towards Jayce when talking about the kid killed in the factory raid, for example.

But one really bad review I saw was literally a boomer complaining about "teenagers and their negative shows" and another one was just some idiot who was upset that he couldn't understand what was happening because the show didn't spoon feed him every detail, and then even went so far as to claim no one else will understand it either.

Personally, one of the things I really appreciated was the smaller details that foreshadowed things that would happen later. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Like when Jinx is listening to "Get Jinxed", you see her messing about with the mechanical firelights, seemingly insignificant to the show's narrative. But then they're later used to attack the Enforcers on the bridge.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Nov 23rd, 2021 at 03:59 AM

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2021 03:56 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shit last episode.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2021 12:01 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will start to watch next week

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 7th, 2021 08:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I just finished episode one and I’m enthralled.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 12th, 2022 05:55 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Impediment

It gets better.

And better.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 12th, 2022 05:58 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Impediment

I've never played the game this is based on, so I'm sure I missed a lot of fan-centric references, but it's a solid animation. really enjoyed it.

Season 2 is tentatively set for 2023.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 12th, 2022 06:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Shit last episode.

Old Post May 12th, 2022 07:22 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote