KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Yellow Jackets

Yellow Jackets
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yellow Jackets

Bend it like Beckham meet Heather's meets Lost meets Alive. Crazy shit, good so far.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2021 07:54 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Liking it.

Like a female version of Lord of the Flies, but taken all the way to 11 with the violence.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 30th, 2021 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2021 11:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So does it anger incels?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2021 01:47 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh shit, watched the trailer. I'm intrigued...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2021 12:07 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's good shit

Old Post Dec 7th, 2021 11:58 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

The show is great so far. I love Christina Ricci and what she’s doing with her character, Misty. The younger version of her is also played well. A lot of dark humor

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Dec 14th, 2021 02:47 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Just got green lit for season 2. Shows awesome

Last edited by Stringer on Dec 16th, 2021 at 10:46 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2021 10:43 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Best new show of 2021 hands down.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2022 12:32 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's going to end on a cliffhanger most likely.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 11th, 2022 09:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Definitely. Supposedly it’s been written for a 5 season arc. Idk if it’ll make it that far. Only so much you can drag out.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2022 09:04 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Watched first 2 eps last night and it's great.

This show is very bingeable.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 12:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Ok, this show IS really great, 6 eps in now.

I enjoyed the Evil Dead-ish homage, but the supernatural stuff seems a little inappropriate for this show. But maybe if it remains subtle enough it won't get too goofy. But I end up mostly laughing at the "horror" moments.

Oh, and is it possible for...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: a big ol fu#king deer to be walking around alive with maggots all up inside it?

Is that a thing? Or was it just some symbolic thing?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 10:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I just got done binging the season. Really enjoyed it for the most part.

There is absolutely an underlying supernatural element at play here, and it's primarily centered around [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lottie. The finale provided some loose answers for a few things, but still left us with a ton of questions.

Glad it was greenlit for a second season. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 12:02 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I just got done binging the season. Really enjoyed it for the most part.

There is absolutely an underlying supernatural element at play here, and it's primarily centered around [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Lottie. The finale provided some loose answers for a few things, but still left us with a ton of questions.

Glad it was greenlit for a second season. thumb up

Loved the shauna-Jackie scenes the most. Can’t want to next season.. great show

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 12:22 AM
Stringer

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Ok, this show IS really great, 6 eps in now.

I enjoyed the Evil Dead-ish homage, but the supernatural stuff seems a little inappropriate for this show. But maybe if it remains subtle enough it won't get too goofy. But I end up mostly laughing at the "horror" moments.

Oh, and is it possible for...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: a big ol fu#king deer to be walking around alive with maggots all up inside it?

Is that a thing? Or was it just some symbolic thing?

Well [spoiler]it’s because the woods is haunted and wants someone dead before it will let them eat anything. Hence the earlier episodes saying it “wants blood” [spoiler]

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 12:24 AM
Stringer

Can’t edit

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 02:50 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ [SPOILER - highlight to read]: You also have that shadow-figure appearing to Jackie in her vision as she was dying: "I'm very happy that you joined us. We were waiting for you" -- presumably the same figure that Van noticed while she was in between... Blood/death rituals are definitely a thing here. Something clearly needs to sate the ancient gods of the sky and earth.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 01:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Stringer
Well [spoiler]it’s because the woods is haunted and wants someone dead before it will let them eat anything. Hence the earlier episodes saying it “wants blood” [spoiler]

Hmm.. spoiler tags are malfunctioning for me. But anyway, yeah that's making some sense after the last episode I watched. I just hope it doesn't go too overboard. I'm seeing some hints that it might be going a little overboard, like with Taissa's strange behavior.

But still looking forward to finishing the show. I think I have 3 episodes left...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 05:07 PM
ares834

Sound like it's essentially a retelling of Lord of the Flies.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 06:09 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I finished this and liked it. But I have some questions...

For example, why is Shauna's daughter not as old as she should be...

But maybe we'll find out she loses the baby... hm..

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 03:06 AM