KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kanan & Ezra vs. post-ESB Luke

Kanan & Ezra vs. post-ESB Luke
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Kanan & Ezra vs. post-ESB Luke

Peak Kanan (excluding his oneness moment) and S4 Ezra.

This is canon Luke in the period between ESB and ROTJ.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2021 09:04 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Coming at this match up from the PoV of a major Luke fanboy...

I honestly think Kanan and Ezra have this.

Post-ESB Luke struggled against the Grand Inquisitor. Sure, he ultimately won by virtue of simply being ridiculously powerful in the Force and blasting the GI away with telekinesis. But during the duel, Luke only really held his own when the Grand Inquisitor was using his classical single-bladed Makashi style. The moment he switched to the unorthodox, Luke was overwhelmed and struggled to simply defend himself.

Kanan and Ezra don't exactly have unorthodox strategies to use against Luke (even if we include the duel-wielding blaster/lightsaber pair that we've seen Kanan do, that's not unfamiliar to Luke. Luke has done the same thing on Shu-Torun). However, Kanan is still an extremely accomplished duelist who has likely surpassed the Grand Inquisitor by the time of his peak. Ezra, while not as skilled with a lightsaber as Kanan, is a powerhouse with the Force. And Kanan is no slouch in that regard, either.

Most importantly, Kanan and Ezra have shown a high degree of skill when working as a pair. Luke could definitely beat either one of them individually, though Kanan would be a hard-fought battle. But with both of them working in unison, I just don't see this relatively inexperienced incarnation of Luke actually managing to brute force his way through both of them.

If this were post-RotJ Luke, it'd be an entirely different story. Heck, depending on how the next arc of the Star Wars comics go, Luke shortly pre-RotJ might actually acquire the skill he needs to win here (since he's about to find Yoda's holocron in the comics). But with all the evidence we have now, I just can't see Luke winning.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2021 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Agreed.

As of now, the team wins with high-difficulty, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 1st, 2021 03:04 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote