KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Marvel Cinematic Universe fatigue?

Marvel Cinematic Universe fatigue?
Started by: robotflug

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

War. Get that plural form out of here.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2021 11:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Says the DC fanboy, who doesn't realize Scorsese was criticizing the superhero genre as a whole laughing out loud

He never said anything when Christopher Reeves and Tim Burton were showing true superheroes.

Silence equals consent. stick out tongue.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2021 12:30 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 21st, 2021 01:48 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

(please log in to view the image)

Yet he only complains about modern superhero movies.

I bet he enjoyed watching a man fly the same as anyone else. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2021 02:04 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

War. Get that plural form out of here.

Wasn't plural. Can't put Apostrophe in when typing from my I-Phone.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2021 10:54 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Wasn't plural. Can't put Apostrophe in when typing from my I-Phone.

Ah, that shit again. Iphones are the worst tech ever.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2021 03:35 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
Yet he only complains about modern superhero movies.

I bet he enjoyed watching a man fly the same as anyone else. smile

He complains beause he can't make his new films sell well enough laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 24th, 2021 03:38 AM
SSJGGogeta

Iphones are the worst tech ever.

Tweaking

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2021 04:37 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

I haven't but there habe been a very vocal Minority who has amdcnow hates everything mcu

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Dec 28th, 2021 07:52 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by robotflug
The MCU has a large number of movies and TV shows, but has anyone reached the point of getting fatigue and getting bored of it as the story continues?.

People will almost always respond well to good movies done well. Regardless of what they're based on.

The MCU as a whole doesn't have the Avengers crutch anymore, so needs to rely on the content of the movies themselves to pull in audiences. That works when the movie/show is good (NWH, Hawkeye), but we've seen what happens when they're not as exceptional (Shang Chi, Eternals).

The MCU isn't dead by any means, but it does have a harder task now than it did before. Not every movie is going to take the Mandalorian's "give the people the most obvious shit they could want" approach.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 29th, 2021 05:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Reading the Strange and Moonknight threads, I think so.

Old Post May 10th, 2022 09:38 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Yep. They should hire Rian Johnson for a MCU movie. That's be an easy way to kill it off for good.

Old Post May 10th, 2022 09:44 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Reading the Strange and Moonknight threads, I think so.

MK was a whole lot of meh and so was Strange 2, but do think Thor 3 will be good fun, as it's basically GotG 3 as well.

If not, then the MCU's had two cinematic turds in a row.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 10th, 2022 10:13 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
MK was a whole lot of meh and so was Strange 2, but do think Thor 3 will be good fun, as it's basically GotG 3 as well.

If not, then the MCU's had two cinematic turds in a row.

Do you mean Thor 4? I think it looks awful.

The only hope I have for a good Marvel movie at this point is GOTG 3.

Old Post May 10th, 2022 11:05 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote