KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Eeth Koth vs. Quinlan Vos

Eeth Koth vs. Quinlan Vos
Started by: Underachiever59

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Underachiever59

Eeth Koth vs. Quinlan Vos

Quinlan Vos as of Dark Disciple

Eeth Koth as of the 2017 Darth Vader comic

Both have fought the likes of General Grievous, and both have faced Palpatine's apprentice of their respective eras. Vos as traded victories with Count Dooku in Dark Disciple, while Eeth Koth put up a solid fight against Darth Vader.

So who wins out?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2021 01:43 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Vos.

Koth fought Vader only shortly after ROTS IIRC. Peak Vader is at around the time of Rebels (maybe the OT). But Vader at that point is still adapting not only to the suit but to being a Sith.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2021 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Koth was impressive but I'd give it to Vos

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2021 09:35 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Vos.

Koth fought Vader only shortly after ROTS IIRC. Peak Vader is at around the time of Rebels (maybe the OT). But Vader at that point is still adapting not only to the suit but to being a Sith.

Koth's death was toward the end of the 2017 Vader run, implying Vader had been in the suit for around 3 years, if I remember the timeline correctly (Koth's death was one of the inciting events that led to Vader relocating to Mustafar). By the time Koth had died, Vader and the Inquisitors had already hunted down very nearly every surviving Jedi in the galaxy.

So I wouldn't say that Vader was still adapting to the suit by that point, but I do agree he wasn't at peak yet. That said, he'd still be around as powerful when he fought Koth as he was in Fallen Order, so still an absolute powerhouse.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2021 02:35 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Insider #199 states that Vader killed Koth ~5 years after Order 66.

So while Vader may not have been at his peak when he battled Koth, he would have still been well-accustomed to his suit, and in all likelihood, above the likes of Dooku at that point(since canon explicitly notes that Vader's power/skill did nothing but increase after the events of RotS, and that he was Palpatine's most powerful apprentice.)

That being said, Koth should logically be able to put up a very good fight against Vos. Don't know if I'm comfortable saying that he could win, though, as his only feat is contending decently against Vader before getting killed.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Dec 3rd, 2021 at 01:36 PM

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2021 03:24 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

5 years? Damn. Thats plenty of time.

Guess Vader just doesnt have a record of stomping notable Jedi yet. Even though by all evidence hes above Dooku so is fully capable of doing so.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2021 08:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Darth Thor
5 years? Damn. Thats plenty of time.

Guess Vader just doesnt have a record of stomping notable Jedi yet. Even though by all evidence hes above Dooku so is fully capable of doing so.
Yep:
https://ibb.co/tXbvsKw

That's true, but there also weren't a whole lot of notable Jedi still floating around during this era(that Vader knew the locations of, at least)... But we can't really hold that against Vader, given the numerous accolades which place him above basically everyone this side of Palpatine.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2021 02:11 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007

That's true, but there also weren't a whole lot of notable Jedi still floating around during this era(that Vader knew the locations of, at least)...

Well there was Koth. Would have been a good opportunity to show off that POWAH against a Council Member.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2021 04:50 PM
Sheev
The All-Sith

The thing that still blows me away about canon Vader is that he has virtually no low showings across all media. He has been consistently wanked in almost every appearance- from books, to games, to comics, to TV shows. It's extremely rare for ANY fictional character to get that kind of respect; especially with the dozens upon dozens of appearances Vader has racked up since 2014.

Shit, I think his only legitimate "loss" in canon was against Sidious himself, who is just on a completely different level, and as close to truly unbeatable as this genre can provide.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2021 11:59 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Canon Vader is a beast, but he definegly has his low showings. Just look at his fight with Qi'ra.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2021 12:50 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

He was also getting messed up by Padme’s handmaidens until he used the force lol. He definitely has some low showings.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2021 05:02 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, canon Vader definitely has a few lower-end showings, but most of them are easily explainable, and as such, don't really make him look bad.

But I agree that, for the most part, he has been written as an absolute beast across the board.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2021 01:38 AM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

It's ok to have low showings. Messi is the best player in the world but even he sometimes has some bad games. Unless you're a robot you're not always going to perform at 100% in any scenario.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2021 09:30 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote