KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor vs Immortal Hulk

Namor vs Immortal Hulk
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

That's power added to the power she already have within her (that she tends to have problems controlling). It was outright said on panel that this version of She Hulk is a Global threat...

https://ibb.co/HHB3Tbf

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Jan 15th, 2022 at 11:40 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 11:37 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

"She absorbed 68Megatons of gamma warhead....ITS too much"

What is too much? Her power stacked on top of 68 measly megatons? What is the 'it' that they are referring to? It's obvious from the text that the 68 MT is too much for her.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2022 11:46 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Ok, she's not the best of absorbers (Ironman referred to the energy as Jen being infected but hey...). What does this have to do with the argument here? Why are you like this? You mentioned this showing to downplay Jen or to use it as a powerscaling for her but you disagree with people mentioning Superman failing to stop a falling turtle in up in the sky, it being too much for him. So you agree with 68 megaton worth of power being too much for She Hulk but you don't agree with a falling turtle being too much for Superman? Your consistency is unbound.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 03:09 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Superman failing to stop a falling turtle

wut

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 03:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
wut

Yes and a 3-77-3 multi warhead, enough to break the east coast knocked him the F out. Dark of course will ignore this...

https://ibb.co/1fG9Wck
https://ibb.co/3kWgJQC

It nearly killed him. He had to be revived.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 03:28 PM
DarkSaint85

Lol that's not my point (aren't you the one who tells people to stay on topic? Is Superman in the thread? I'm sure you are, am happy to quote you, you know me).

I am agreeing with you. She Hulk was not amped in this story, and Namor failing to beat her doesn't look good on him. Bring up Superman all you want (he seems to live in your head lmao), but the fact remains that you can't in one breath argue she's super powerful whilst ignoring that IN THE SAME STORY she nearly died from something RL Russians from the 1960s could build. From gamma radiation, no less, despite being a Hulk.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 03:42 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Remain consistent Saint. I WILL remember this argument, especially that same story part smile . Anyways, She wrecked Namor and Hulk would do the same. I brought up Supes because everyone and their grandma knows he's your fave.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 03:51 PM
DarkSaint85

Remain consistent Saint. I WILL remember this argument, especially that same story part smile . Anyways, She wrecked Namor and Hulk would do the same. I brought up Supes because everyone and their grandma knows he's your fave.

If She Hulk is said to be a global threat (nice use of statements, btw - very consistent lmao) but can be killed by 68 Megatons of the same kind of energy that amps her.....that's a pretty weak Earth that's threatened by that.

The main point here is that gamma rads were killing her.

If I used Superman (lol) sitting in the sun as a durability feat, you'd be crying all day about how it's inadmissible because the Sun amps him, right? Be honest, yes or no?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 04:02 PM
carver9

But absorbing radiation, large quantities of it has always been a weakness of the Hulk.

I dont get what you mean by the Superman statement. He does have low absorption showings FYI. Her absorption fts might not be great but the power she possess IS Global.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 04:44 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

But absorbing radiation, large quantities of it has always been a weakness of the Hulk.

I dont get what you mean by the Superman statement. He does have low absorption showings FYI. Her absorption fts might not be great but the power she possess IS Global.

So how did Bruce Banner survive and turn into Hulk instead of die to begin with....? Genuine question.

And let's see those examples of Hulk having trouble absorbing it. I mean technically different universe and all that, but wasn't Maestro made physically because of him soaking up all the fallout from a nuclear war? Isn't gamma the source he draws from for his dynamic strength? If that drawing from gamma is true.....wouldn't the argument you're making now completely contradict you arguing Hulk getting powerful enough?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:11 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by Delta1938
So how did Bruce Banner survive and turn into Hulk instead of die to begin with....? Genuine question.

And let's see those examples of Hulk having trouble absorbing it. I mean technically different universe and all that, but wasn't Maestro made physically because of him soaking up all the fallout from a nuclear war? Isn't gamma the source he draws from for his dynamic strength? If that drawing from gamma is true.....wouldn't the argument you're making now completely contradict you arguing Hulk getting powerful enough?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:25 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

High doses of radiation also killed Maestro and for some weird reason, hitting Hulk with large quantities of radiation hurts him. The gamma bomb that created Hulk killed Maestro. He was overloaded with radiation...

https://ibb.co/v4kpyJ9

Last edited by carver9 on Jan 16th, 2022 at 06:53 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:51 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

High doses of radiation also killed Maestro and for some weird reason, hitting Hulk with large quantities of radiation hurts him.

That doesn't answer my questions, Bootsy.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:52 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I edited the post. I also said gamma hurts Hulk, not Banner.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:54 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I edited the post. I also said gamma hurts Hulk, not Banner.

I'll read it.

High doses of radiation also killed Maestro and for some weird reason, hitting Hulk with large quantities of radiation hurts him. The gamma bomb that created Hulk killed Maestro. He was overloaded with radiation...

https://ibb.co/v4kpyJ9

I have to say--

That doesn't answer my questions, Bootsy.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 06:59 PM
carver9

Lmao... there are instances where gamma does absolutely nothing against Hulk, then there are instances where it dropped him. You mentioned Banner being able to absorb radiation but Banner has also died from it as well. Then we have this instance of Hulk being overdosed with gamma and had to release all of it because it was too much...

https://ibb.co/NWdzpBp
https://ibb.co/KbNNqWv
https://ibb.co/4Fb74Xw

It's entirely dependent on the writer but the scans above are recent. Banner even mentions it will hurt him.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 07:08 PM
DarkSaint85

Wait, so you say it's ALWAYS been a weakness, then a few posts later, say it sometimes does nothing..... which is it?

And then, I'm not talking about hurting....I'm talking about KILLING. which is far more severe.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 09:16 PM
carver9

When I say always, I'm referring to the longevity of this weakness. Yes, there are instances where Kryptonite doesn't drop kryptonioans and radiation doesn't drop Hulks but it being a weakness has consistently been shown enough to prove the points I've been making.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 12:12 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Yeah Bootsy, you're not just contradicting yourself, you still haven't answered my questions entirely. And just scroll up for the quote, unless you concede to suffering from autism.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 12:29 PM
carver9

Bruce has died from radiation before. It has literally turned him into dust.

I already posted a RECENT example. I also posted Maestro dying from a high dose of radiation which scratches out your comment about him. He died from the same bomb that made the Hulk because he overdosed on too much radiation.

Gamma is the source of his power but he doesn't need more of it to become more powerful. Don't know why you're mentioning that. Again, there have been instances where he received a power-up but it has been shown to be a weakness more times than not and how is this contradicting? Hulk MAIN power is to get stronger than madder he gets. His internal power is sufficient, Pookie.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 02:36 PM