KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars databook contradiction: Ventress, TFA Kylo Ren, ESB Luke, Grand Inquisitor

Star Wars databook contradiction: Ventress, TFA Kylo Ren, ESB Luke, Grand Inquisitor
Started by: banana3

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xPRIMEx

Here:

Attachment: sidious ragdoll1.jpeg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jun 16th, 2022 04:27 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

This was also referenced in Skywalker: Family at War:

“Padme’s terrified face as she struggled for breath was now the last memory he had of her. In his anguish and disbelief he broke through his medical restraints, anger fueling his brute strength. Totally out of control, he smashed every glass vessel inside the operating theater, and crushed several droids without laying a gloved hand on them. He tossed Palpatine aside like a ragdoll—an outrage he would pay for dearly in the future.”

Old Post Jun 16th, 2022 04:33 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Lol @ accusing me of making this up. Lol wtf.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2022 04:33 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As much as a I love Vader, I'd say it's pretty clear that by the time of ESB/RotJ, Palpatine was just on a different level.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2022 03:37 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Here:
why don’t you post the following panels as well? wink

Old Post Jun 17th, 2022 06:38 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by Galan007
As much as a I love Vader, I'd say it's pretty clear that by the time of ESB/RotJ, Palpatine was just on a different level.

Not really. Vader was weakened when they fought in the Greg Pak comics. Sidious even said so himself, and that he needed to “bring him back to power”.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2022 10:00 PM
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by Total Warrior
why don’t you post the following panels as well? wink

Because it’s not relevant?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2022 10:00 PM
xPRIMEx

Vader definitely has more raw power but Sidious has experience, mastery, hax.
Under normal circumstances I’d probably favor Sidious in a fight but Vader can overpower him if he’s bloodlusted.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2022 11:11 PM
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

It’s relevant lmao Sidious could have stomped Vader right there if he wanted too and those panels are the proof wink that’s why I asked you to post them

Old Post Jun 19th, 2022 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Bro you didn’t ask me to post anything you just accused me of making it up, so I posted the pic

Old Post Jun 20th, 2022 03:20 AM
xPRIMEx

And not really, Vader let Sidious down. He had him pinned against the wall until Sidious talked his way down. Then Sidious blasted him with lightning while he was off guard and unarmed.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2022 03:23 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
Not really. Vader was weakened when they fought in the Greg Pak comics. Sidious even said so himself, and that he needed to “bring him back to power”.
There's a bit more context/depth to it than that. Vader just found out that Palpatine had lied to him about the circumstances around Padme's death, and as such, he began openly disobeying Palpatine's orders in search of the truth. That's why Palpatine referred to him as "weak", but in actuality, Vader was furious that he had been lied to(and anger gleans power for a Sith.) So the notion that his power had actually been neutered in some way was already a bit dubious, imo. Tbh, I think that Palpatine ultimately wanted an obedient lapdog at his side, and that's not the role Vader was playing at the time... Hence the need for Vader to be 'corrected'.

I do agree that Vader has more raw power at his disposal, given that his potential was never really gimped in canon. However, the Palpatine bloodline also seems to share a similar potential with the Skywalker bloodline in canon... So the fact that Palpatine spent decadeS knowledge-hoarding in order to increase his own power, whilst only sharing a few scraps with Vader to keep him sated and wanting more, also lends to the notion that Palpatine was a good bit beyond him by ESB/RotJ.

Luke said it best: "Talent without training is nothing."

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 20th, 2022 at 05:54 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2022 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Speaking of Vader vs Palpatine… apparently they’re going to duel in the upcoming Star Wars 25 comic by Charles Soule:

https://comicbook.com/starwars/news...look-interview/

It’ll probably just be a sparring/training session but still cool

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 07:27 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

The Kenobi episode should put to rest the idea that Vader (circa Rebels anyway) is anywhere near Palpatine.

Not that the comic where an enraged and restored Vader with the help of a monstrous Lovecraftian entity gets oneshotted by Palpatine didn”t already do that. Palpatine waves his hand and utterly overwhelms Vader”s control of the beast + the beasts own formidable mental defenses. Just stop with the Vader ~ Palpatine stuff.

There are also plenty of showings from “prime” Vader where he doesn”t perform nearly as well as Palpatine would (see: Rebels Vader vs Ahsoka compared to Rebels Palpatine in another dimension vs Ahsoka, Vader vs Kenobi, Vader vs Karbin, Vader vs Eeth Koth etc).

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2022 07:59 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote