KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Elon Musk should be the last person to control Twitter, but now he does!

Elon Musk should be the last person to control Twitter, but now he does!
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

Twitter is an absolute shit show. I'm no fan of Musk, but I think it would be hard for him to make it worse than it already is. And I'm all for him opening it up as he claims, though it is doubtful that that would end up being the case.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 04:55 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Re: Elon Musk should be the last person to control Twatter.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
And there is a disturbing tendency for online flash mobs to create an echo chamber of crackpot opinions.

Sounds like Twitter right now.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 04:56 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Siggyp
You really are a bastard.

That's why you love me, Martin.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 05:27 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 05:56 AM
Siggyp
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Honestly, I can't say I'm not enjoying Elon's posting style laughing out loud

You really are a bastard.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 10:24 AM
Siggyp is currently offline Click here to Send Siggyp a Private Message Find more posts by Siggyp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just reposting to ask: Doesn't this make you want to smoke a cigar?

I LOVE the Post Crisis Lex cigar smoking scenes. The writer or artist must really like his smokes, the way they turn the simple act of lighting up into an event.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 11:33 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FnH
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why does Lex look like the new penguin

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 12:57 PM
FnH is currently offline Click here to Send FnH a Private Message Find more posts by FnH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FnH
Restricted

Account Restricted

DONT BEE THAT GUIE

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 12:58 PM
FnH is currently offline Click here to Send FnH a Private Message Find more posts by FnH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FnH
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
Twitter is an absolute shit show. I'm no fan of Musk, but I think it would be hard for him to make it worse than it already is. And I'm all for him opening it up as he claims, though it is doubtful that that would end up being the case.
tha bw hybrid was playin’ a Hispanic today next it’ll be a middle easterner or worse, a Phillipino or Muslim type Indian (as opposed to Native American which is operation midway’s (as in the 2019 Pearl Harbor movie midway) April fool’s depiction of a Jap which was really a Chinese and midway’s Chinese who smuggled Doolittle thru were Japanese (because the whole entire reason China was at war with Japan is because they whitenezed the gd Baboon mixing it with Orangutans

That’s a cesspool

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 01:03 PM
FnH
Restricted

Account Restricted

Recombinant dna

House’s saying alcohol prevents brain damage caused by the dam molecule all bs it’s really the opposite of the truth

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 01:05 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Anyway...

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2022 11:44 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I agree giving control to a single Billionaire isnt a viable solution.

Decentralised social media platforms built on blockchain technology is the only viable long term answer.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 10:41 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Decentralised social media platforms built on blockchain technology is the only viable long term answer.
but we live in a capitalist system...

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 10:43 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

You have to buy an NFT every time you want to make a post.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 11:09 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Blakemore
but we live in a capitalist system...

If Capitalism is about Billionaires controlling what we say and think then its time to be rid of it.

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
You have to buy an NFT every time you want to make a post.

Better than keeping your money in the bank tbh.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 24th, 2022 at 02:01 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 01:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

If Capitalism is about Billionaires controlling what we say and think then its time to be rid of it.

Better than keeping your money in the bank tbh.
thumb up Time for some revolutions I think.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 02:17 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

but they have all the money. \o,o/?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 02:29 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
but they have all the money. \o,o/?
Once the guillotine is set up in the squares that won't matter! shifty

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 02:42 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

How would that even work?

I follow this one blogger who keeps talking about a corporate run government, and smart contracts for government functions, and a token to override the board members.

I don't get any of it, but I do know business and government ideally has very different goals. And that a cryptocurrency based government would likely give those who hoarded crypto control over government.

So another oligarchy, if not a corporatcracy.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 02:49 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by cdtm
How would that even work?

I follow this one blogger who keeps talking about a corporate run government, and smart contracts for government functions, and a token to override the board members.

I don't get any of it, but I do know business and government ideally has very different goals. And that a cryptocurrency based government would likely give those who hoarded crypto control over government.

So another oligarchy, if not a corporatcracy.

If its decentralised then no single person or corporation controls it. There will be a ton of nodes distributed between those who want them. Then to get anything blocked or have new developments the majority of node holders would have to agree to it.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2022 02:53 PM