KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » You gain one of these abilities for 24hrs... What do you do?

You gain one of these abilities for 24hrs... What do you do?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeadpoolXXX

with firestorms power you have to be intimately familiar with the molecular composition of what you're making or it will fail. doubt I could master that in 24 hours.

for me it would either be quicksilvers speed or dominos luck.. for personal gain. was thinking about henshaws power, but I don't think a human mind could process that much info, especially just starting out.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 12:49 PM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Quicksilver speed is one of the worst choices.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 4th, 2022 12:57 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Xavier TP. With my withdrawn mortgage offset and mortgage redraw I'd get into a 12 hour high stakes poker match. Knowing exactly what cards my opponents had I "know when to hold em, know when to fold em". Then head to the stock exchange with my winnings . Courtesy of TP reading everyone there I'd have ALL insider knowledge before purchasing any stock. I'd know all companies that are about to have take ove

Old Post May 4th, 2022 09:26 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: You gain one of these abilities for 24hrs... What do you do?

^

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
*You don't have any prior knowledge of how to use the ability you've selected... You go into this 'dry' as it were, and have to learn as you go.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 09:31 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

7.) The technopathy of Hank Henshaw.

Everything is digital now. Not only could you set up a fortune for yourself, but pull contacts resources, passports, properties etc..

Last edited by "Id" on May 5th, 2022 at 02:31 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2022 02:26 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Given how data works and the fact you don't have previous knowledge on how to master your abilities I don't think you can reliably give yourself fortune, papers and properties without leaving a bunch of traces of manipulation. It's really not much better than selling rhodium in the black market.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post May 5th, 2022 06:09 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Yeah, I was thinking the same. 24 hours is a small window when you're starting with absolutely zero practice or knowledge.

With technopathy, I'd be too afraid I couldn't hide everything I did in time. All my assets could be chalked up to system errors the next day, with everything being returned to the owner or otherwise corrected. Assuming I even get that far.

1, 2, and 3 seem like the only viable options in my view. And even Batman's intelligence is iffy, as you don't have the resources to actually make use of it.

Then again, I'm thinking from a lazy person's perspective.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 5th, 2022 at 07:02 AM

Old Post May 5th, 2022 06:50 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Bentley
Given how data works and the fact you don't have previous knowledge on how to master your abilities I don't think you can reliably give yourself fortune, papers and properties without leaving a bunch of traces of manipulation. It's really not much better than selling rhodium in the black market.

But the way Hank does it, he just....asks a computer to do it, iirc. He doesn't actually understand how the Source Wall works, for example.

So if I went to an ATM, I could just ask it to give me money and erase all record of it, for example. Obviously think bigger - rigging share/commodity prices (so Astner gets nothing for his rhodium), title deeds, new identities etc etc.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 07:34 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Hank has been using that ability for years though.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 08:15 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Hank has been using that ability for years though.

In his very first appearance, he transferred his consciousness into a computer.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 08:32 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

It'd be cute if you did that and you couldn't get back to your body and just died

Old Post May 5th, 2022 08:36 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by NemeBro
The speed of Quicksilver, so I can run head first into a wood chipper and kill myself.

There you go, Neme. Do a back flip, and commit suicide via smart fridge..

Old Post May 5th, 2022 08:38 AM
Bentley
Seitei

By the way, how many hours went through before Henshaw actually used his technopathy in any significant way during his first appearance after his initial accident. For all you know it was two days and you can't pull that crap ever

Old Post May 5th, 2022 08:39 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Re: Re: You gain one of these abilities for 24hrs... What do you do?

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
^

See that's why I wanted Xaviers TP.

Every fictional representation of a TPer when inexperienced just gets thoughts unfiltered. So sitting at a poker table your going to get the thoughts of the poker players or spectators looking at the hands whether you want to or not. At the stock market your going to get the unfiltered thoughts of every broker and the info they've been given.

It's not like I've chosen to mind rape some big financial person to transfer me all their money. I've picked the easy thing you can't help but get without training/control.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 08:49 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

By the way, how many hours went through before Henshaw actually used his technopathy in any significant way during his first appearance after his initial accident. For all you know it was two days and you can't pull that crap ever

Weeks, I believe. In comic issues it was only 2, but after transferring his mind into the computer, he took weeks to come back and build a body for himself.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 10:11 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by beatboks

Every fictional representation of a TPer when inexperienced just gets thoughts unfiltered. So sitting at a poker table your going to get the thoughts of the poker players or spectators looking at the hands whether you want to or not. At the stock market your going to get the unfiltered thoughts of every broker and the info they've been given.

It's not like I've chosen to mind rape some big financial person to transfer me all their money. I've picked the easy thing you can't help but get without training/control.

But I think the point was that it was EVERY single thought.

And Xavier has global level TP - so you're going to get cdtm and carver in there as well.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 10:12 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
But I think the point was that it was EVERY single thought.

And Xavier has global level TP - so you're going to get cdtm and carver in there as well.

brainwave Jnr has planetary level TP but in the issues showing his youth and his inexperience he still was only bombarded with local minds.

the same is true for most other inexperienced telepaths in fiction. the power level they show after they develop their power isn't what they are capable of when they first start using it. its like a muscle you have to develop its ability to do the stronger things.

inexperienced in the first 24 hours of having Xavier's TP you wouldn't even have city level capability. You haven't worked out that TP ability enough to hae developed it

Old Post May 5th, 2022 11:03 AM
DeadpoolXXX

xaviers tp would be one of the worst choices. even hundreds of other people's thoughts flooding into your head uncontrollably would be intolerable and certainly not something you could process in a day.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 11:45 AM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

brainwave Jnr has planetary level TP but in the issues showing his youth and his inexperience he still was only bombarded with local minds.

the same is true for most other inexperienced telepaths in fiction. the power level they show after they develop their power isn't what they are capable of when they first start using it. its like a muscle you have to develop its ability to do the stronger things.

inexperienced in the first 24 hours of having Xavier's TP you wouldn't even have city level capability. You haven't worked out that TP ability enough to hae developed it

Whereas I thought when Galan said Xavier level, it was as he was now i.e. super powerful.

even local minds would be too much, I reckon. I can't even do more than 2 conversations at once, let alone 5 or 10 or 30 unfiltered thoughts all simultaneously.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 12:46 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Re: Re: You gain one of these abilities for 24hrs... What do you do?

You'll be overwhelmed by the "voices" in your head and go insane.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 01:51 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote