KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » You gain one of these abilities for 24hrs... What do you do?

You gain one of these abilities for 24hrs... What do you do?
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
beatboks, I love you, but her eyes are literally closed while her powers guide her over the water. How is this line of sight dude?

(please log in to view the image)

I'll respond to the rest after I get home to my computer.

We are taking that into account too. It's just, Domino's powers require much less than most of the others. We only need to get it working once or twice to profit from it, which is quite likely with 24 whole hours. Even if it fails, you lose some money on a slot machine. That's it. There's very little risk to it.

Xavier's telepathy would require passive defensive walls that take years to develop, or at least a good teacher. You'd likely just go insane and not even have a chance to use it.

She's looking down.
Take a photo of yourself in the mirror looking down into the basin in your bathroom. You'll find that while your eyes are open and your looking your photo will show your eyes closed. That is an artistic true interpretation of someone looking down

https://ibb.co/CzL6nP4
https://ibb.co/nQm1RD8

In both these photos my eyes are open and I'm looking down. In both they look closed, same as your scan of domino.

Old Post May 10th, 2022 09:17 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

https://ibb.co/dBgwVvx

Here's another. This time with me keeping my head straight and not tilted (which BTW is how Domino's head is in your scan tilted slightly forward). Again while my eyes are open and I can see the floor they appear closed. Eye lids always line up with pupils so they thebawnings of the eye (the eye lashes) shade the pupil

Old Post May 10th, 2022 09:28 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

True. It can appear like someone has their eyes closed when looking down. I just don't think it's what happened in this instance, personally. Both from context, and how the same artist drew her looking down elsewhere. But, I understand if you don't see it that way.

I don't want to get bogged down on that though. Throw it out of you want. She's still demonstrated she doesn't need line of sight in other showings.

Honestly, I wanted to show that luck would be one of the easiest options here, not the hardest like you said. Even if she did require line of sight, most of the suggestions we've had are still perfectly viable.

That's all I meant.

Last edited by StyleTime on May 10th, 2022 at 09:54 PM

Old Post May 10th, 2022 09:40 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Really, there's no other possible response to those posts laughing out loud

Old Post May 10th, 2022 10:26 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Beatboks may act like a weirdo geezer sometimes, but he's our weirdo geezer (please log in to view the image)

Also, keep in mind he bangs kangaroos. That makes him the greatest Australian superhero of all time. Captain Aussie.

Our secret weapon in case Kazenji the Kangaroo returns from the Movie Forum and decided to invade CBvF again.

Old Post May 10th, 2022 10:42 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

telepathy tbh, mind control bill gates, have him give me billions in stock

Old Post May 22nd, 2022 08:41 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ghostman
Agree.

Old Post May 22nd, 2022 10:03 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Read the OP.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 22nd, 2022 10:12 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

You're alive?

Old Post May 22nd, 2022 10:13 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 02:10 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote