KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The right up to their old tricks.

The right up to their old tricks.
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The right up to their old tricks.

Read to the end... It all becomes clear!

https://www.varsity.co.uk/news/23552

Old Post May 3rd, 2022 08:58 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

no expression

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 3rd, 2022 09:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
no expression
But Peterson’s appearance was not without controversy. Following his stint in Cambridge, revelations broke of an alleged network of right-wing academics – supposedly backed by American billionaire and Trump donor, Peter Thiel – who felt the “liberal agenda was going too far”.

The group’s alleged fixer, Thiel’s chief of staff, Charles Vaughan, was said to have lobbied for Peterson to come to Cambridge.

Old Post May 3rd, 2022 09:13 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
But Peterson’s appearance was not without controversy. Following his stint in Cambridge, revelations broke of an alleged network of right-wing academics – supposedly backed by American billionaire and Trump donor, Peter Thiel – who felt the “liberal agenda was going too far”.

The group’s alleged fixer, Thiel’s chief of staff, Charles Vaughan, was said to have lobbied for Peterson to come to Cambridge.

I saw that, yes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 3rd, 2022 09:14 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw that, yes.
The right are spreading their agenda globally, many stalking and Trojan horses are there as they try and destroy basic decency. Controversially, I don't think disinformation is fake news.

Old Post May 3rd, 2022 09:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The right are spreading their agenda globally, many stalking and Trojan horses are there as they try and destroy basic decency. Controversially, I don't think disinformation is fake news.

I agree that there's a lot of insidious disinformation out there, yes.

Jordan Peterson, love him or hate him, is not the first person that comes to mind when I think of such things, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 3rd, 2022 09:19 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree that there's a lot of insidious disinformation out there, yes.

Jordan Peterson, love him or hate him, is not the first person that comes to mind when I think of such things, though.
He's a gateway to the more extreme stuff.

Old Post May 3rd, 2022 10:24 PM
cdtm

So is curating speech though.

1984 wasn't about an evil government. It was about the same slippery slope that exists from good intentions of silencing "gateways to radicalism".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 3rd, 2022 10:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm

1984 wasn't about an evil government. It was about the same slippery slope that exists from good intentions of silencing "gateways to radicalism".
Not really, it was about living under a totalitarian regime that monitored everything more than controlling the spread of fake news, radicalism and dangerous ideas. It was more about propagating far-right views. You didn't even get to Roe v Wade as love was outlawed... Sex crime 1984! Ahh, Julia... Orwell was talking about Trump etc. It's not unlike the Handmaids tale.

Old Post May 3rd, 2022 10:47 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

*facepalms*

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 3rd, 2022 11:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Not really, it was about living under a totalitarian regime that monitored everything more than controlling the spread of fake news, radicalism and dangerous ideas. It was more about propagating far-right views. You didn't even get to Roe v Wade as love was outlawed... Sex crime 1984! Ahh, Julia... Orwell was talking about Trump etc. It's not unlike the Handmaids tale.

Credit where it's due, a good response. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 12:37 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He's a gateway to the more extreme stuff.

I disagree in general.

As loopy as I think the guy can be, I think it's a bit of a leap to go from that to radicalizing anyone.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2022 12:15 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I disagree in general.

As loopy as I think the guy can be, I think it's a bit of a leap to go from that to radicalizing anyone.
you see, I think it runs something like this.

https://harvardpolitics.com/alt-right-pipeline/#

"My teenage mind could not keep up, and without any conscious understanding, I was cheering along with Jordan Peterson as he “destroyed” feminism and as “SJWs” were “owned” with “facts and logic.” Before I could think through what I had watched, I was onto the next video, and my internal understanding of the world became echoes of Louder with Crowder, the Daily Wire, and PragerU."

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on May 4th, 2022 at 02:21 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2022 02:18 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

you see, I think it runs something like this.

https://harvardpolitics.com/alt-right-pipeline/#

"My teenage mind could not keep up, and without any conscious understanding, I was cheering along with Jordan Peterson as he “destroyed” feminism and as “SJWs” were “owned” with “facts and logic.” Before I could think through what I had watched, I was onto the next video, and my internal understanding of the world became echoes of Louder with Crowder, the Daily Wire, and PragerU."

I worry about anyone that leaps from Peterson to Crowder and sees that as being perfectly logical.

Crowder is a ****ing tool. I mean, Peterson has his moments too but damn.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2022 02:58 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I worry about anyone that leaps from Peterson to Crowder and sees that as being perfectly logical.

Crowder is a ****ing tool. I mean, Peterson has his moments too but damn.
I've only ever watched bits of both. In my opinion, one is the soft candy of the alt-lite and the other the hard candy of the swivel-eyed loons.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 07:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

We saw those leaps here with a few members...

The Youtube algorithms also don't help from what I've heard people say when they went down the Far-Right rabbit hole.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 08:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Robtard
We saw those leaps here with a few members...

The Youtube algorithms also don't help from what I've heard people say when they went down the Far-Right rabbit hole.

Surt? Lone Ranger?

I can't think of many..

Old Post May 4th, 2022 08:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

SilentMaster, Broly, DDM, Scribble,

Do we count several of Eon's socks as one?

Old Post May 4th, 2022 08:23 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I've only ever watched bits of both. In my opinion, one is the soft candy of the alt-lite and the other the hard candy of the swivel-eyed loons.

I only half-disagree this time, as I think Crowder is an abominable excuse for a human being. So I agree with that part.

Surt? Lone Ranger?

I can't think of many..

Originally posted by Robtard
SilentMaster, Broly, DDM, Scribble,

Do we count several of Eon's socks as one?

Please don't use this or any other thread to talk shit about members of the board. "Celebrities" are fair game, but posters are different... assuming they haven't been banned. But even then.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2022 09:48 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I only half-disagree this time, as I think Crowder is an abominable excuse for a human being. So I agree with that part.

He truly is, I worry about Peterson though. Call me woke, but why does he care so much that some men feel more like women etc?

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:03 PM