KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The right up to their old tricks.

The right up to their old tricks.
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
He truly is, I worry about Peterson though. Call me woke, but why does he care so much that some men feel more like women etc?

Are you talking about his issues with the law in Canada?

Also, I wouldn't necessarily call a transwoman a man, to be fair.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-

lots of his stuff, his poor understanding of inheritance with his lobsters, his pronouns, dodgy "red meat" diet advice, why I tried for a while and my blood work went crazy etc. Guys a crank at best.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:10 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lots of his stuff, his poor understanding of inheritance with his lobsters, his pronouns, dodgy "red meat" diet advice, why I tried for a while and my blood work went crazy etc. Guys a crank at best.

I never said he was infallible. And I'm not going to argue with you calling him a crank. But I do think it's wrong to lump him in with people like Crowder and others of his ilk. He brings up things I actually think are good points that people don't take enough notice of.

I agree about the carnivore diet at least. There's a right way to do it and a wrong way. His way is ****ing wrong.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:16 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never said he was infallible. And I'm not going to argue with you calling him a crank. But I do think it's wrong to lump him in with people like Crowder and others of his ilk. He brings up things I actually think are good points that people don't take enough notice of.

I agree about the carnivore diet at least. There's a right way to do it and a wrong way. His way is ****ing wrong.
I don't lump him in with Crowder, his talk of macho male violence, women being prizes, leftists being snowflakes etc. Is much milder, but a narrative is still there.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:19 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Careful, look what happened to Dave Chappelle. eek!

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:28 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't lump him in with Crowder, his talk of macho male violence, women being prizes, leftists being snowflakes etc. Is much milder, but a narrative is still there.

I'm not sure I agree, sorry.

Originally posted by cdtm
Careful, look what happened to Dave Chappelle. eek!

Which part? The attack? The dude who attacked him isn't doing so great.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:32 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not sure I agree, sorry.

Which part? The attack? The dude who attacked him isn't doing so great.
we agree to disagree, all good!

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:41 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

we agree to disagree, all good!

Sounds good to me.

I will admit I haven't seen every video he's made, so it's possible you've seen something I haven't. In which case, fair enough.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Please don't use this or any other thread to talk shit about members of the board. "Celebrities" are fair game, but posters are different... assuming they haven't been banned. But even then.

Wasn't aware that noting something that happened was shit talking. Cool though.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard
Wasn't aware that noting something that happened was shit talking. Cool though.

This:

We saw those leaps here with a few members...

The Youtube algorithms also don't help from what I've heard people say when they went down the Far-Right rabbit hole.

Comes across as anything but objective, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I could literally post one of them saying as much, how they started out with Jordan Peterson videos another poster suggested and then the Youtube hole kept suggesting further and further Right talking heads and before they realized, their views had gone from Left to the weird side of the Right.

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I could literally post one of them saying as much, how they started out with Jordan Peterson videos another poster suggested and then the Youtube hole kept suggesting further and further Right talking heads and before they realized, their views had gone from Left to the weird side of the Right.

I refuse to believe any of them were leftists in the first place.

Also, the less said about the shite that is youtube's suggestion algorithm the better.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...03#post17453541

For politics and social views, YouTube is a shithole. Best to avoid.

Last edited by Robtard on May 4th, 2022 at 10:58 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2022 10:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...03#post17453541

For politics and social views, YouTube is a shithole. Best to avoid.

I never denied that places like youtube link Peterson with some weird shit. Hell, every time I even glimpse at a video of his that comes up, I immediately get hounded with videos about those alpha-chad wankers that tell you that you should be a high-value man and that all women are trash... which is not something Peterson said at all in the video I was watching about free speech or whatever.

Though he's not the only one, which again goes back to the failure of youtube. It's weird how that shit gets tied together.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 4th, 2022 11:03 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I assume the algorithm works, or a least in part, with what other people have viewed and click trends. So there's probably a lot of people who watch J Peterson and those alpha dudebros, and so the YT 'brain' makes the connections and sends it to others like you.

J Peterson probably has a lot of overlap with Tim Pool, Joe Rogan, Crowder and Tim Gionet viewers, to name a few.

Last edited by Robtard on May 4th, 2022 at 11:14 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2022 11:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I assume the algorithm works, or a least in part, with what other people have viewed and click trends. So there's probably a lot of people who watch J Peterson and those alpha dudebros, and so the YT 'brain' makes the connections and sends it to others like you.

J Peterson probably has a lot of overlap with Tim Pool, Joe Rogan, Crowder and Tim Gionet viewers, to name a few.

Oh, that's definitely part of it. The problem is that it skews all over the ****ing place.

Let's say I watch a video by someone like Peterson that talks about, say, free speech like I said. If you use enough of the right key words, even innocent ones, you invariably get massive amounts of crossover so it gets reinforced.

So you invariably get people getting recommended those videos together, even if one is "I think the government is pushing too far" and the other is "I should be allowed to say the N word as much as I want and I'm not black" when they are not remotely the same thing.

It's a cycle that constantly reinforces itself. Hell, you should see some of the filth I got recommended because I watched a Dave Chapelle clip.

Edit: I also now realise that under that criteria, yes, it would be a kind of gateway. ****ing google.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on May 5th, 2022 at 12:41 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2022 11:14 PM
Adam_PoE

That is because the Alt-Right say this:

"I think the government is pushing too far"

As a racist dogwhistle for this:

"I should be allowed to say the N word as much as I want and I'm not black"

They refer to it as "not revealing their power level," so they can appear reasonable to "normies," as a means to "red pill," i.e. radicalize them into extremist rightwing beliefs.

And it all starts with figures and rhetoric that seem innocuous. But if you are being recommended more extremist content after viewing them, then it was never innocuous to begin with.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 12:59 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So lets say many do mean that. So what then?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 01:32 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
That is because the Alt-Right say this:

As a racist dogwhistle for this:

They refer to it as "not revealing their power level," so they can appear reasonable to "normies," as a means to "red pill," i.e. radicalize them into extremist rightwing beliefs.

And it all starts with figures and rhetoric that seem innocuous. But if you are being recommended more extremist content after viewing them, then it was never innocuous to begin with.

I actually agree with you, to a point.

My issue is that how do you tell who is really just saying "I think the government is going too far" from the people that use it to, like you said, appear reasonable to the normies as a smokescreen. Because plenty of those people exist. Hell, I'm one of those people when it comes to certain things.

I mean, let's say you made a video listing off all your political opinions. Or I did. Guarantee you there would be one **** in the comments mislabelling us. And it would snowball from there. That's how this shit works in a lot of ways.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 5th, 2022 01:35 AM
St333

I actually agree with you, to a point.

My issue is that how do you tell who is really just saying "I think the government is going too far" from the people that use it to, like you said, appear reasonable to the normies as a smokescreen. Because plenty of those people exist. Hell, I'm one of those people when it comes to certain things.

I mean, let's say you made a video listing off all your political opinions. Or I did. Guarantee you there would be one **** in the comments mislabelling us. And it would snowball from there. That's how this shit works in a lot of ways.
‘there’s a line’

✋🤚🏻

Old Post May 5th, 2022 03:35 AM
St333 is currently offline Click here to Send St333 a Private Message Find more posts by St333 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote