KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The right up to their old tricks.

The right up to their old tricks.
Started by: Old Man Whirly!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
St333

Old Post May 5th, 2022 03:37 AM
St333 is currently offline Click here to Send St333 a Private Message Find more posts by St333 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
My issue is that how do you tell who is really just saying "I think the government is going too far" from the people that use it to, like you said, appear reasonable to the normies as a smokescreen.

In the case of public figures like JP, looking at the audience is a good start. If you're unsure of what message is being sent, check what's being received.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 05:00 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by -Pr-
I actually agree with you, to a point.

My issue is that how do you tell who is really just saying "I think the government is going too far" from the people that use it to, like you said, appear reasonable to the normies as a smokescreen. Because plenty of those people exist. Hell, I'm one of those people when it comes to certain things.

I mean, let's say you made a video listing off all your political opinions. Or I did. Guarantee you there would be one **** in the comments mislabelling us. And it would snowball from there. That's how this shit works in a lot of ways.

Birds of a feather flock together. Just look at the company they keep. If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it is a ****ing duck.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 05:45 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Much of what Jordan Peterson says is quite reasonable, but his problem is that he embraces the extremist part of his audience as much as the reasonable part of his audience.

Old Post May 5th, 2022 11:21 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NewGuy01
In the case of public figures like JP, looking at the audience is a good start. If you're unsure of what message is being sent, check what's being received.
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Much of what Jordan Peterson says is quite reasonable, but his problem is that he embraces the extremist part of his audience as much as the reasonable part of his audience.
thumb up Bingo x2

Old Post May 5th, 2022 09:05 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote