KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dune: Part Two (2023)

Dune: Part Two (2023)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rudester
Tommy

This movie became dumb after Part 3. Children of Dune.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2023 04:21 AM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Looking forward to Paul vs Feyd

Old Post Jan 28th, 2023 02:56 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
Looking forward to Paul vs Feyd

I just watched Elvis.

Austin Butler is impressive, I must say. He's probably going to kill it as Feyd.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2023 03:28 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

However my friend just tells me that people are worried that he's still going to sound like Elvis because he did during his golden globe speech... haha..

Old Post Jan 28th, 2023 05:31 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I hope he does Elvis moves during the fight scene. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 28th, 2023 05:40 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I re-watched Dune Part 1 the other night and I forgot how goddamn good it is.

The sound and music is incredible.

My body is ready for Part 2.

My nipples are HAAARD!

Old Post Apr 6th, 2023 01:26 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Butler is going to kill it. Part 2 should have loads of action in it.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2023 11:14 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I re-watched Dune Part 1 the other night and I forgot how goddamn good it is.

The sound and music is incredible.

My body is ready for Part 2.

My nipples are HAAARD!

If they follow the books, Feyd will have dark hair.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 6th, 2023 03:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I've seen reports that he will be bald.

Apparently some footage was shown at Cinema-Con recently.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2023 09:38 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

God! Damn! It! He should have hair!

But I get they probably want to go with the aesthetics of uniform bald Harkonens.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2023 09:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Feyd will be bald in this but hopefully is charisma and ruthlessness are kept.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2023 11:01 PM
NemeBro

Is the first Dune movie worth watching for someone who thought the actual book was kind of shit? Read it recently and I do not relate to the adulation for it at all.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 06:15 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Some teaser images have been released by Vanity Fair.

Feyd has been kept appropriately mysterious, but yeah, he does look bald.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 04:47 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by NemeBro
Is the first Dune movie worth watching for someone who thought the actual book was kind of shit? Read it recently and I do not relate to the adulation for it at all.

It's fairly close to the book, considering how long the book is and far closer than the 1984 David Lynch film. So if you think the source material is shit, you'll probably think this film is shit.

Then again, there's a lot of hardcore Dune fans who did not like this film, so it might have the opposite affect on you. Watch the first 30mins, that will give you a taste.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 05:52 PM
ares834

Looked through the vanity fair pics and I thought they were looking good until I saw Irulan. WTF! They completely butchered her. I wonder how Shaddam is going to look now...

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 06:50 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

How does one butcher the lovely Florence Pugh?

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 07:19 PM
ares834

She looks fine. Just nothing like what Irulan should look like. I thought she was miscast from the beginning.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 07:26 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

She's a good actress (and lovely to look at) imo, I think she has it in her to do the role proper, assuming she's written properly.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2023 07:33 PM
NemeBro

Kind of amazing how people are so concerned about what complete non-characters like the Emperor and Irulan are going to look like. The Emperor shows up at the very end of the book to be made to look like a complete moron by Paul. I don't know why Walken can't play such an insignificant role. With Irulan there's even less there in the first book; IIRC she has like one line lol.

Is the second movie going to also go into the events of Messiah (which to be fair I have no read)? Or is there planned to be a sequel covering its events (considering that Paul becomes big Hitler in the sky in it I kind of doubt it) Because unless it is they could get basically anyone to play these complete nothingburger characters and it would not matter.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2023 05:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Simple. It's because I enjoy the characters. The length and importance of the role is irrelevant to me. If it's a character I like I want them done right (or what I consider right). On the other hand, if it's a character I don't particularly care for, like Feyd-Rautha, that I don't have a problem with them changing them up. And, yes, Irulan has a far larger role in the latter books and they have talked about potentially creating a movie adaptation of Messiah.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2023 06:58 AM