KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Can Marvels Mightiest take down WF?

Can Marvels Mightiest take down WF?
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Through HIS magic? Is that how it works? I thought the magic from the Wishing well required a wish for it to happen? Also, Wendigo and Arm was covered in magic and was a 1000 times stronger. Why didn't their magic destroy the earth or the city they were fighting in when they were a 1000 ft tall?

Indeed. That is how it works.

And whose wish? Answer: Hulk's. Hence, he's still the WorldBreaker. It's just that it's through his wish, i.e.magic, rather than physical strength.

Same reason Hulk, Red She Hulk, and massively amped A-bomb and She Hulk didn't destroy the earth in THEIR fight, even though Betty and Bruce weren't holding back (remember, they thought they were still in the Dark Dimension).

Edit: Hulk and Red She Hulk were also amped (they had absorbed the nukes). So even more powerful than when Hulk had destroyed Umar's realm. The other Hulks had also gone insane, so Def weren't holding back - and Red She Hulk was explicitly WBH level before the amp, due to Hulk's wish.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on May 16th, 2022 at 12:26 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2022 12:20 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

And it was stated on panel that they were about to destroy Earth. What wish did Hulk say that caused Umar planet to be destroyed

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 16th, 2022 12:39 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
And it was stated on panel that they were about to destroy Earth. What wish did Hulk say that caused Umar planet to be destroyed

They were about to, yes. But note that Red She Hulk, who was EXPLICITLY WBH level, then got AMPED massively (she became 1000ft tall and stomped an amped Foom) AND had gotten insane.....didn't even affect the humans next to her when she was fighting Jen and Rick (also amped and 1000ft tall). You cannot ignore this, it's very clear.

As for the wish, we can say....the wish that they all die/get destroyed. Remember, the whole point of the well is that your wish doesn't have to be explicit. BiBeast wished for Hulk to be wiped off the face of the Earth - technically, that's what happened (he went to the Dark Dimension). ArmCheddon wished for him to suffer as he suffered - so technically, that's what happened (they all burned and died and reformed).

So WBH wishing for his enemies to die and reform for all eternity - well, that is precisely what happened. They all die BECAUSE of the wish, then reform. In a neutral zone, where there were no innocents (he even asks Umar this explicitly, and she says no, unless you find goblins cuddly).

Not because Hulk is that strong. Because we saw what happened when he got MASSIVELY amped and came to Earth (where there are innocents) - even though he thought it was the DD, and Betty (his equal, who was now MASSIVELY amped) was insanely fighting - no damage occurred.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 12:56 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
[B]They were about to, yes. But note that Red She Hulk, who was EXPLICITLY WBH level, then got AMPED massively (she became 1000ft tall and stomped an amped Foom) AND had gotten insane.....didn't even affect the humans next to her when she was fighting Jen and Rick (also amped and 1000ft tall). You cannot ignore this, it's very clear.

Can you really use that line of argument? 99% of the time when planet destroying characters fight, they don't end up destroying the planet, whether it's in Marvel, DC, or Dragon Ball Z. That's just how these things work in fiction.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 16th, 2022 01:18 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Endless Mike
That's just how these things work in fiction.

True:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 16th, 2022 01:33 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Can you really use that line of argument? 99% of the time when planet destroying characters fight, they don't end up destroying the planet, whether it's in Marvel, DC, or Dragon Ball Z. That's just how these things work in fiction.

Two things:

1. It was a riposte to Carver - a DBZ fan, where collateral damage is king - who asked why Wendigo et Al didn't destroy the Earth when THEY fought.

2. Even ignoring that, it seems pretty inconsistent considering just a few pages/panels earlier, a weaker Hulk/She-Rulk destroyed a planet just as a side effect -IOW, this was the 1% of the time planet destroyers actually destroyed a planet. The only difference being, now the Hulks were in the presence of innocent beings, so Hulk's wish that they all die in the fighting/then get resurrected was now invalid.

The whole point of WBH was that he DOES cause planetary collateral destruction. That's his entire point, so what happens in 99% of other fights is moot, as they don't involve a character who breaks worlds as collateral damage.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on May 16th, 2022 at 01:38 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2022 01:35 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Granted it's a bit more excusable when there are wacky energy and dimensional powers involved rather than just pure brute strength, but if we were to assume every character followed the proper physics of what super strength and speed would imply, then we'd have to wonder why the Hulk doesn't end up in space by jumping faster than escape velocity, or why Superman create a shockwave like a thermonuclear bomb every time he throws a punch.

There's a bit of suspension of disbelief that needs to be invoked.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 16th, 2022 01:38 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Granted it's a bit more excusable when there are wacky energy and dimensional powers involved rather than just pure brute strength, but if we were to assume every character followed the proper physics of what super strength and speed would imply, then we'd have to wonder why the Hulk doesn't end up in space by jumping faster than escape velocity, or why Superman create a shockwave like a thermonuclear bomb every time he throws a punch.

There's a bit of suspension of disbelief that needs to be invoked.

100% in agreement. See my two points above. After all, Hulk's pants never get destroyed.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 01:40 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Not sure that I buy that as, IIRC, multiple Mindless Ones were also destroyed by that explosion, and it was stated that those creatures can mine the insides of neutron stars, which would indicate their durability is pretty insane. If I were to run the numbers on that, I'm sure it would go significantly beyond the planet + moon calc.

That's from a different arc in a different book. Mindless ones gets destroyed all the time by street level heroes too.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:15 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by abhilegend
That's from a different arc in a different book. Mindless ones gets destroyed all the time by street level heroes too.

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same incident. But if not, no big deal. I have seen them knocked around and outmaneuvered, but rarely actually damaged or destroyed by anything but top tier force.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:30 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I'm pretty sure we are talking about the same incident. But if not, no big deal. I have seen them knocked around and outmaneuvered, but rarely actually damaged or destroyed by anything but top tier force.

"Top tier force", such as Blade's hand? stick out tongue

Funny thing about Marvel & DC is that we can wank the hell out of those characters and their feats... but we can also lowball them all to shit, if we feel like it.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:35 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
"Top tier force", such as Blade's hand? stick out tongue

Funny thing about Marvel & DC is that we can wank the hell out of those characters and their feats... but we can also lowball them all to shit, if we feel like it.

Well yeah, you can, but I'd need to see the context for that. IIRC when they were first introduced even Doctor Strange had trouble with them.

Anyway, I just realized that quibbling about the structural durability of matter in the Dark Dimension is actually irrelevant for planetary scale feats like that, because the durability of things like moons and planets is determined instead by gravitational binding energy. So as long as the gravity on the surface of that planet was comparable to Earth and it was of comparable size, it wouldn't really matter what it was made of, as it would still have comparable GBE. Same with the inverse-square law calcs used to calculate the destruction of the moon, as well.

Of course you can always nitpick about wonky magical physics, but there's no real way to prove or disprove that unless there is a new source of information that clarifies it.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:42 AM
Stoic
Avenger

According to that story, none of those guys can do it. Even if you combined them into one massively powerful entity they would still likely fail. This may anger people, but it just goes to show that Superman is as powerful as the story needs him to be. This should come as no surprise to anyone that has followed the character throughout his history.

However, in terms of battle feats, the World Forger like many others on his level of power have very few battle feats, and as such many can claim that they need to prove themselves before being launched to the top of the food chain.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:46 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Stoic
According to that story, none of those guys can do it. Even if you combined them into one massively powerful entity they would still likely fail. This may anger people, but it just goes to show that Superman is as powerful as the story needs him to be. This should come as no surprise to anyone that has followed the character throughout his history.

However, in terms of battle feats, the World Forger like many others on his level of power have very few battle feats, and as such many can claim that they need to prove themselves before being launched to the top of the food chain.

Do you know what issues the story takes place in?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:47 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I’m embarrassed to say this. But no, I forgot the exact Justice League issue numbers. Perhaps Abhi, or Dark Saint may be able to help?

Old Post May 16th, 2022 03:56 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Justice League vol 4 issue 19 to issue 25( or simply google Justice League Sixth Dimension arc)

Old Post May 16th, 2022 04:04 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

@Dark, when did Hulk wish for his enemies to die?

https://ibb.co/RQT6mRJ
https://ibb.co/8bw8jpr

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on May 16th, 2022 at 05:12 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2022 05:00 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

because the durability of things like moons and planets is determined instead by gravitational binding energy. So as long as the gravity on the surface of that planet was comparable to Earth and it was of comparable size, it wouldn't really matter what it was made of, as it would still have comparable GBE.

Hmmm, just noticed this. I'm not too sure about comparable size part. From what I understand, the GBE(Gravitational binding energy) is U=-(3GM^2/5R) where G is the gravitational constant, M is the mass of the sphere, and R is its radius.

Does the size really matter? Since as you said, celestial bodies' durability is determined by GBE, and the radius/size is variable. I think the more accurate way is to say as long as the gravity on the surface of that planet was comparable to Earth then the planet would have comparable durability to Earth

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on May 16th, 2022 at 05:24 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2022 05:20 AM
qwertyuiop1998 is currently offline Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Hmmm, just noticed this. I'm not too sure about comparable size part. From what I understand, the GBE(Gravitational binding energy) is U=-(3GM^2/5R) where G is the gravitational constant, M is the mass of the sphere, and R is its radius.

Does the size really matter? Since as you said, celestial bodies' durability is determined by GBE, and the radius/size is variable. I think the more accurate way is to say as long as the gravity on the surface of that planet was comparable to Earth then the planet would have comparable durability to Earth

Well yeah, radius is the variable that involves the size. If you have a planet that is, say, only 10 km across, but has Earth's surface gravity, it is going to be a lot denser than Earth, but its total GBE will be much less.

EDIT: You can play around with the calculator here to see what I mean

http://stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tec...Calculator.html

Sig by Starlock

Last edited by Endless Mike on May 16th, 2022 at 05:38 AM

Old Post May 16th, 2022 05:34 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Nah, they get damaged all the time.
Well yeah, you can, but I'd need to see the context for that. IIRC when they were first introduced even Doctor Strange had trouble with them.

Anyway, I just realized that quibbling about the structural durability of matter in the Dark Dimension is actually irrelevant for planetary scale feats like that, because the durability of things like moons and planets is determined instead by gravitational binding energy. So as long as the gravity on the surface of that planet was comparable to Earth and it was of comparable size, it wouldn't really matter what it was made of, as it would still have comparable GBE. Same with the inverse-square law calcs used to calculate the destruction of the moon, as well.

Of course you can always nitpick about wonky magical physics, but there's no real way to prove or disprove that unless there is a new source of information that clarifies it.

Except we know that the gravitational binding force is weaker in Dark Dimension and matter is more fragile.

Old Post May 16th, 2022 05:35 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote