KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs. Wonder Woman - piercing durability contest

Thor vs. Wonder Woman - piercing durability contest
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thor vs. Wonder Woman - piercing durability contest

Standard Thor.

No Odinforce, no runic magic, no Power Cosmic... no amps at all.

And standard Diana, of course. Bracelets on. No amps.

Whose flesh is harder to penetrate?

Old Post May 17th, 2022 03:11 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Re: Thor vs. Wonder Woman - piercing durability contest

quote: (post)
Whose flesh is harder to penetrate?

Should I make the obvious joke or wait for someone else to?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 17th, 2022 04:01 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Other than bullets, Diana has some very good piercing resistance feats nowadays.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 04:04 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by abhilegend
Other than bullets, Diana has some very good piercing resistance feats nowadays.

I always thought their piercing level durability (or lack thereof) came from the fact that they are fantasy/sword and sorcery type characters who use melee weapons so getting stabbed is part of their pastiche

Old Post May 17th, 2022 04:07 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Sin I AM
I always thought their piercing level durability (or lack thereof) came from the fact that they are fantasy/sword and sorcery type characters who use melee weapons so getting stabbed is part of their pastiche

Pretty much.

Also, magic/supernatural/godly energies powers origin doesn't need to make one bit of sense, so it kinda serves as the perfect explanation.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 04:10 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Also shouldn't you put a gauntlet of attacks?

For example:

- A wooden arrow from a compound bow
- A wooden arrow from a crossbow
- A 9mm bullet
- A steel arrow from a crossbow
- A .50 BMG bullet
- A .50 adamantium bullet
- An adamantium spear, sharpened to a single molecule, thrown by 616 Hercules
- The Persuader's axe

etc. ?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 17th, 2022 06:29 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Crossbows use bolts, Mike.

Gauntlet is a good idea for a separate thread thumb up

Old Post May 17th, 2022 06:41 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

It's hard to say.

Thor doesn't have like an amazing piercing resistance feat that I can think of. He's usually more likely to get cut and then keep coming forward, so his feats end up turning into damage soak feats.

Like when Gorr pin cushioned him ever fight and he'd go forward. Or against the Apocalypse twins where Uriel pierced him and he kept coming forward. Or Wolverine having trouble slicing him up.

He's expressed concern over bullets in his early days and got KO'd by that adamantium bullet or whatever, but he's never been straight up shot and penetrated by a bullet that I remember so there's that.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post May 17th, 2022 08:16 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That bullet wasn't adamantium.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 08:27 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Damborgson
adamantium bullet

You mean the Black Panther book?

No such thing. Was a regular sniper bullet. Rage's fan fiction at its worst.

And even in his fanfic it was said to be a vibranium bullet (which is kind of dumb, what's the point of a bullet absorbing kinetic energy when you want to shoot someone in the head).

Old Post May 17th, 2022 08:27 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I think Rage once claimed he found some "extra info" in a letter column or some obscure interview --- but none of us was able to verify it.

Safe bet the source of that myth was another one of his wet dreams with his gf and Somalians.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 08:31 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You mean the Black Panther book?

No such thing. Was a regular sniper bullet. Rage's fan fiction at its worst.

And even in his fanfic it was said to be a vibranium bullet (which is kind of dumb, what's the point of a bullet absorbing kinetic energy when you want to shoot someone in the head).

SMH man. And that myth stuck with me for years.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post May 17th, 2022 08:45 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I mean we gloss over it, but Logan not stabbing him through and through is actually kinda insane as a durability feat if you think about it

Old Post May 17th, 2022 08:46 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Damborgson
SMH man. And that myth stuck with me for years.

Many forum myths endure to this day.

If there is a letter column or interview (or anything, other than his cumrag) proving Rage's fairy tale, I feel it would have been posted already, to be honest.

And while the bullet did KO Thor, it was said his skull was unscathed.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I mean we gloss over it, but Logan not stabbing him through and through is actually kinda insane as a durability feat if you think about it

To be fair, Thor was wearing a full-body chainmail and Wolverine's vision was magically obstructed.

In the other story, Erik Larsen did point out that Wolverine becomes less capable once his senses have been tampered with. They play an important part when it comes to his fighting performance, agility stunts or stealth.

Still, definitely a high showing for Thor, as his durability offering him some protection was noted on panel.

I'm pretty sure Tieri was working on the script while Thor still had the Odinforce --- but the first issue (strictly digital, at first) was released after Thor #602, so we need to go with that.

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on May 17th, 2022 at 09:11 AM

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:08 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

What book are you talking about?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:18 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Endless Mike
What book are you talking about?

Sniper bullet = Black Panther volume 3 issue 8.

Thor/Wolverine fight = Wolverine: Wendigo! one-shot (originally released as Wolverine vs. Thor digital exclusive back in 2009).

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:27 AM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I know the Wolverine one, I was just wondering about the bullet since if there's something in a letters column I might be able to find it.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:38 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sure, give it a try. I'd appreciate that thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:43 AM
DarkSaint85

He's firing Photoshop up as we speak.

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:44 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's firing Photoshop up as we speak.

I don't have photoshop. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, I resent that implication. mad

I'm just used to going through letters columns in comics I read and saving anything that seems interesting or important.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:49 AM